So let's see if we can get this excellent topic back on track. I too love the feature rich environment of BBMe! I only have 5 contacts and was contemplating sending out a mass invitation to my contacts and see what happens. I do have 3 pet peeves though. 1) I wish we could use BBMe on multiple devices at the same time. 2) Why does the conversion not start from where we left off when we exit and re-enter the app? 3) Video conferencing within a group would be a very useful function. I believe that for less than a Starbucks Coffee this is the best messaging service available. Hopefully we can also help spread the word within our contacts and perhaps bring it back to an approximation of its former glory.

Posted via my Passport
    01-12-20 03:55 PM
    When I signed up and the others did, we gave payment info. It was about the cost of a coffee at starbucks. Why would I unsubscribe?
    Exactly!!! Couldn't agree more about all your posts Sigewif!!!!
    Especially about constant negativity....
    And yes, only small tiny fraction will unsubscribe... price is nothing...1 cofee...
    01-12-20 04:04 PM
    So let's see if we can get this excellent topic back on track. I too love the feature rich environment of BBMe! I only have 5 contacts and was contemplating sending out a mass invitation to my contacts and see what happens. I do have 3 pet peeves though. 1) I wish we could use BBMe on multiple devices at the same time. 2) Why does the conversion not start from where we left off when we exit and re-enter the app? 3) Video conferencing within a group would be a very useful function. I believe that for less than a Starbucks Coffee this is the best messaging service available. Hopefully we can also help spread the word within our contacts and perhaps bring it back to an approximation of its former glory.

Posted via my Passport
    Well said mr. Crusader03. Yes, BBMe is really feature rich, secure, and like you said, for this tiny price BEST messaging app out there.
    And yes, there still is a lot of room for improvement!!!
    My favourite features are 'timed messages' and 'priority messages (ex-ping). EVEN for group chats. NO OTHER messaging app has those Features!
    BBMe is 10/10!!!
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-12-20 04:06 PM
    It's a shame that some must play "Devils Advocate" and some feel they posses the Devine right to judge what is too enthusiastic a statement. All in the name of driving traffic! A shame really as this discussion was relevant, informative and engaging! It is not that any longer.
    You can quote me directly. My comments aren’t protected here and you will get in trouble only for violations of CB terms of service and rules and guidelines regardless of what others claim.

I’ll play devil's advocate because that’s something I enjoy sometimes. What’s seriously useful in a one sided conversation of anything?

I’m a member in several BBMe groups including a couple where I see the one sided enthusiasm and they’re now dead. When everyone has the same opinion and supports the same opinions, it’s like having a conversation with yourself...

Besides, if your points are valid, there’s a great way to explain your point of view. Regardless, how does title of thread reflect success or positive when the competition has 100X magnitude of downloads. Competition is simply competition.

If anyone is concerned about violations, hit the report button and the mods can remove all inappropriate posts. Then everyone can return and complain about missing posts. That’s my personal favorite when complaining about the rules that all of us should be familiar with and know to follow.
    01-12-20 04:07 PM
    Well I learnt something new today. My K2 and now my Android tablet both have BBMe running! The rest of the clan are on iOS. Shame I can't get my Passport BBM10 to communicate with BBMe groups.
    01-12-20 04:28 PM
    Well I learnt something new today. My K2 and now my Android tablet both have BBMe running! The rest of the clan are on iOS. Shame I can't get my Passport BBM10 to communicate with BBMe groups.
    I currently have my BBMe account on 4 devices. The old EMTEK BBM was one device one account.
    01-12-20 07:24 PM
    You can quote me directly. My comments aren’t protected here and you will get in trouble only for violations of CB terms of service and rules and guidelines regardless of what others claim.

I’ll play devil's advocate because that’s something I enjoy sometimes. What’s seriously useful in a one sided conversation of anything?

I’m a member in several BBMe groups including a couple where I see the one sided enthusiasm and they’re now dead. When everyone has the same opinion and supports the same opinions, it’s like having a conversation with yourself...

Besides, if your points are valid, there’s a great way to explain your point of view. Regardless, how does title of thread reflect success or positive when the competition has 100X magnitude of downloads. Competition is simply competition.

If anyone is concerned about violations, hit the report button and the mods can remove all inappropriate posts. Then everyone can return and complain about missing posts. That’s my personal favorite when complaining about the rules that all of us should be familiar with and know to follow.
    Playing devil's advocate maybe explains why what you write often seems to be built upon a Pacific Coast sandbar in the Northwest US coast. That is not a good place to build (a discussion) or even to stand for very long because the tide moves the sand and constantly changes the makeup of the beach.
    01-12-20 07:35 PM
    Well said mr. Crusader03. Yes, BBMe is really feature rich, secure, and like you said, for this tiny price BEST messaging app out there.
    My favourite features are 'timed messages' and 'priority messages (ex-ping). EVEN for group chats. NO OTHER messaging app has those Features!
    BBMe is 10/10!!!
    I also really like the timed messages and the 'priority messages'.
    01-12-20 07:40 PM
    Playing devil's advocate maybe explains why what you write often seems to be built upon a Pacific Coast sandbar in the Northwest US coast. That is not a good place to build (a discussion) or even to stand for very long because the tide moves the sand and constantly changes the makeup of the beach.
    Not really. I’ll takes devil position when I can see that another member has a point that seems valid but not expressed well. Ultimately, I’m just a realist about what BlackBerry truly is and has been.

When I got first mobile phone in 1990, Nokia something, mobile phone was truly status. People were actually fastening antennas on their car windows and fake plastic hardware for image. Actual real adults in 20s-30s who looked ridiculous.

Ten years later and the Nextel chirps and different WAP hardware or Palms and BlackBerry email and PDAs were status. Then came the phones. BlackBerry was a great era but for many it was a device that made them look and feel important.

Now, a smartphone is something my kids have carried since 4th grade or so. What’s really amazing is the lengths many go to rationalize something and it’s supposed caused failures. I’ve read so many posts of angst or even anxiety regarding the various BB hardware and software. I’m amazed that civilization is still functioning with the ridiculous comments about security and privacy.

The nice thing is that I’ve toned down since Carjackd and I became friends here. I’ll never be Carjackd, never even close, but I can only imagine his biting sarcasm and replies today. RIP my friend...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-20 07:50 PM

BBMe is 10/10!!!
    I guess you're shooting for 11 ?
    John Albert likes this.
    01-12-20 08:58 PM

Fan sites are fun. But that's what makes Crackberry Crackberry!
    01-12-20 09:02 PM
    Time to quit the bickering. Discuss the topic instead of talking about each other, or we will have to take action.
    01-13-20 06:46 AM
    Folks that really love BBMe.... need to experience all the other messaging solutions that are out there. And then with some sense of experience, they could point out how BBMe is actually better (if it is something more than just different). What makes it worth giving up a cup of coffee...

My guess.... BlackBerry has no plans for the continuation of BBM. In fact I'm not sure they haven't already ended all the Android and iOS app development - they clearly have scaled way back on app development, and it's not like they splitting time working on Android OS development. Time will tell...
    01-13-20 09:14 AM
    There are good features that BBMe has that are not in the messaging systems I use.

But then there are also advantages to other other ones I use. I would not say any of them are 10/10. And none of these messaging platforms are a clear best for me. And I tried the iOS version of BBMe again this morning and it is still not very good.

If you guys use the Tidal and Qobuz apps for music , you can see what I’m talking about. Qobuz understands how iOS works and their apps is much smoother in the background and most importantly uses a fraction of the battery/energy that Tidal uses. It’s the same sort of issue with BBMe. I haven’t seen the source code but I’ve been around apps long enough to see that the fundamental architecture of the BBMe iOS app is not right. The behavior of notifications and read receipts when the app is in the background are not consistent or correct IMO.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-13-20 10:37 AM
    i use BBMe since beginning and I am very satisfied. I have it on Android and on my PC. Timed messages, priority messages and the possibility to take back a message and encrypted voice and video messages are welcome as the possibility for sharing documents and sharing desktop. The userbase is rising and for my needs it is the best.
    Last edited by BlueHooker; 01-13-20 at 01:47 PM.
    01-13-20 11:01 AM
    I also really like the timed messages and the 'priority messages'.
    I agree with this complete. I use BBMe since beginning and my experience is best. I do not understand the negative statements here.
    Rico4you and Paulelmar18 like this.
    01-13-20 11:31 AM
    There are good features that BBMe has that are not in the messaging systems I use.

But then there are also advantages to other other ones I use. I would not say any of them are 10/10. And none of these messaging platforms are a clear best for me. And I tried the iOS version of BBMe again this morning and it is still not very good.

If you guys use the Tidal and Qobuz apps for music , you can see what I’m talking about. Qobuz understands how iOS works and their apps is much smoother in the background and most importantly uses a fraction of the battery/energy that Tidal uses. It’s the same sort of issue with BBMe. I haven’t seen the source code but I’ve been around apps long enough to see that the fundamental architecture of the BBMe iOS app is not right. The behavior of notifications and read receipts when the app is in the background are not consistent or correct IMO.
    I suspect BB's BBM application suffers from being a port of a port with only minor optimizations being made. iOS usages in the markets where BBM was still being uses where not very high, so really the amount of resources that could be set aside were pretty small.

I do think that at one point they had more plans for iOS development - back before HUB+ when there were three large suites announced for crossplatfrom usage.... iOS was mentioned. But things change, and they had to focus on what they could afford to do, not on what they wanted to do.
    01-13-20 11:38 AM

This is very true. I use BBMe exclusively on iOS now and it’s definitely not optimized. It’s usable, however, staying connected in the background and timely notifications are lacking.
    01-13-20 01:15 PM
    This is very true. I use BBMe exclusively on iOS now and it’s default not optimized. It’s usable, however, staying connected in the background and timely notifications are lacking.
    Not to worry, as BBMe is only rated 10/10 at this point. Lots of room for improvements.
    John Albert likes this.
    01-13-20 01:21 PM
    This is very true. I use BBMe exclusively on iOS now and it’s default not optimized. It’s usable, however, staying connected in the background and timely notifications are lacking.
    I have a pretty good guess (90% confidence) why, just from observing BBMe on my phone through a proxy, but I need to see their source code to be sure. I made similar fixes for Twitter eons ago in their first iPhone app. Things are different on iOS.

If I’m right about the mistakes they made, then they are also wasting a lot of the users battery.
    01-13-20 01:23 PM
    Not to worry, as BBMe is only rated 10/10 at this point. Lots of room for improvements.
    ROFL
    🤣🤣🤣
    01-13-20 01:47 PM
    LMAOOO!!!!! good point.

Speaking for myself, I can't anyone in the U.S. to use it. iMessage, Text and What'sApp are what ppl in the States use. I refuse to use What'sApp as I do not want Facebook junk on my IOS device. In the U.S., BBM and BB are dead.

Might be a good idea to agree to disagree here. I literally wait for these types of posts. Very entertaining.
    01-13-20 01:59 PM
    i use BBMe since beginning and I am very satisfied. I have it on Android and on my PC. Timed messages, priority messages and the possibility to take back a message and encrypted voice and video messages are welcome as the possibility for sharing documents and sharing desktop. The userbase is rising and for my needs it is the best.
    Nice! Like I said, truth about BBMe quality will come out, one way or another, despite negative coments here that have no realistic backup!
    I am glad more and more people see BBMe's awesomeness!
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-13-20 02:47 PM
    For many of us it is 10/10.
    You can be negaitve about it all yo want, but as you see, more and more people realize truth, and truth is that bbme is very good product.
    For sure better than unsecure 3rd party apps like Viber where you MUST give your most sensitive private info like phone number / carrier name / home adress...just to register...
    Thank God BBMe exists!
    Bob80220 likes this.
    01-13-20 02:50 PM
    For many of us it is 10/10.
    You can be negaitve about it all yo want, but as you see, more and more people realize truth, and truth is that bbme is very good product.
    For sure better than unsecure 3rd party apps like Viber where you MUST give your most sensitive private info like phone number / carrier name / home adress...just to register...
    Thank God BBMe exists!
    Yes agree. Like I said regardless of the success or not of BBMe some will just continue criticize / oppose any most minimal sign of optimism. So it's expected that every positive will constantly be met with a negative and or ridicule. Unfortunate seeing this here.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-13-20 03:17 PM
132 12345 ...