Cool! That equates to about 250k-350k users based on industry norms, which means the number probably doubled after the closure of BBM. I hope that number is enough to keep it viable for you and your contacts.

I wonder how many will stay when it becomes a paid app in June?
    Im sure there will be 67 users in total worldwide after it becomes a paid app. I don't have a single user on BBMe. I recently removed my PIN from my email signature. I have turned off the automatic subscription from the App Store.
    John Albert and Mecca EL like this.
    01-11-20 05:30 PM
    Wrong again, of all my contacts, maybe 15 people own blackberrys. Rest are huawei, samsung and iPhone.
    Your contacts aren’t reflective of general consumer base.

Fifteen BlackBerry users statistically exist in a contact list of 2K random users
    01-11-20 05:37 PM
    I actually think you seem to be caught up in an negative unhealthy zealotry.
    Hi PsihoKey2, save yourself the time to convince a few people here of the app's merits. It seems that more and more BBMe users are joining the app anyway.

Let's continue to use the app, communicate with it and enjoy it. The notorious naysayers will not change their minds.
    01-12-20 02:43 AM
    Hi PsihoKey2, save yourself the time to convince a few people here of the app's merits. It seems that more and more BBMe users are joining the app anyway.

Let's continue to use the app, communicate with it and enjoy it. The notorious naysayers will not change their minds.
    I think you are right.
    Thanks for your advice, and I am glad you are, like rest of us, using the most secure and feature rich messaging app on the planet!
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-12-20 03:34 AM

The point is who needs to be convinced here about using BlackBerry products? It’s the mainstream regular normal consumers that are happy with other choices. Those people rely on app ratings in the App Store for opinions.
    John Albert likes this.
    01-12-20 09:19 AM
    The point is who needs to be convinced here about using BlackBerry products? It’s the mainstream regular normal consumers that are happy with other choices. Those people rely on app ratings in the App Store for opinions.
    I agree...they rely on this average ratings...
    But reality is that ratings are not realistic... especially now when app is really improved....
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-12-20 09:43 AM
    I agree...they rely on this average ratings...
    But reality is that ratings are not realistic... especially now when app is really improved....
    I don’t notice any difference in BBMe since I got it at introduction. Doesn’t matter the quality though. Same argument was also made about how great BB10 was too. If the hardware or software isn’t adopted by the critical masses to switch over, it’s worthless.

Good luck to BBMe and your mission..

Post lost of comments in the App Store
    John Albert and pdr733 like this.
    01-12-20 09:50 AM
    I don’t notice any difference in BBMe since I got it at introduction. Doesn’t matter the quality though. Same argument was also made about how great BB10 was too. If the hardware or software isn’t adopted by the critical masses to switch over, it’s worthless.

Good luck to BBMe and your mission..

Post lost of comments in the App Store
    Thank you.
    01-12-20 10:35 AM
    Based on what info? The tiny user-base?

As I said, I don't personally care either way, but you seem to be experiencing some type of unhealthy zealotry.
    Amazing! You say you don't care. Yet you are all over any thread that starts by commending the app or any comment where someone reports a positive experience about it, to write disparaging comments about it.
    For my part I find it to be an excellent app.
    01-12-20 10:56 AM
    Amazing! You say you don't care. Yet you are all over any thread that starts by commending the app or any comment where someone reports a positive experience about it, to write disparaging comments about it.
    Did you even read the post I had responded to? It's borderline delusional.

But re-read this thread, I said nothing negative prior.

Keep in mind I have BBMe too, and actually pay for the real thing, despite the fact I only have 5 contacts.
    John Albert likes this.
    01-12-20 10:59 AM
    What have I said disparaging the BBMe app? It’s as great as BB10 was quality wise.

The problem has always been it’s not supported by an economically viable user base just like BB10 and now PKB unfortunately.

We all eventually die too. Unfortunately, that’s also reality. Does that mean I’m disparaging life? Not everybody gets a trophy and nor should they.
    01-12-20 11:04 AM
    Doing a web search for info about things having to do with BlackBerry brings people here. Then when they come to this BlackBerry fan site to look into it.
    01-12-20 11:14 AM
    Did you even read the post I had responded to? It's borderline delusional.

But re-read this thread, I said nothing negative prior.

Keep in mind I have BBMe too, and actually pay for the real thing, despite the fact I only have 5 contacts.
    I am not only referring to this thread but a general attitude observed over numerous threads.
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    01-12-20 11:21 AM
    Im sure there will be 67 users in total worldwide after it becomes a paid app. I don't have a single user on BBMe. I recently removed my PIN from my email signature. I have turned off the automatic subscription from the App Store.
    When I signed up and the others did, we gave payment info. It was about the cost of a coffee at starbucks. Why would I unsubscribe?
    01-12-20 11:24 AM
    I am not only referring to this thread but a general attitude observed over numerous threads.
    The only time I become involved is to combat misinformation as best I can. I do it both ways, which is why some believe I'm a hater and some believe I'm a shill.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-12-20 11:25 AM
    What have I said disparaging the BBMe app? It’s as great as BB10 was quality wise.

The problem has always been it’s not supported by an economically viable user base just like BB10 and now PKB unfortunately.

We all eventually die too. Unfortunately, that’s also reality. Does that mean I’m disparaging life? Not everybody gets a trophy and nor should they.
    BlackBerry already had the BBMe infrastructure for their enterprise clientele and this is a value added product for them.
    01-12-20 11:31 AM
    The only time I become involved is to combat misinformation as best I can. I do it both ways, which is why some believe I'm a hater and some believe I'm a shill.
    That’s always been my objective as well. Personally, I’m just a person that doesn’t care to be polite when the facts suggest another person hypothesis is wrong.

Part of the reason forums exist is for the civil discourse. It drives traffic. The problem is that many believe a differing viewpoint somehow hurts or damages their viewpoint. Even worse is people thinking our discussions matter in anyway that could really change history.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-12-20 11:34 AM
    Some people are very good at looking at the negative side of things no matter how many positive things could be said about it.
    https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/The...d_the_Elephant
    01-12-20 11:34 AM
    BlackBerry already had the BBMe infrastructure for their enterprise clientele and this is a value added product for them.
    I’m aware of their position just like the BBApp suite. Unfortunately, BlackBerry Software relies on a dwindling userbase. The mass customization strategy is more about the “mass” than “customization” in order to be successful and by that I mean economically viable.
    John Albert and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-12-20 11:37 AM
    Some people are very good at looking at the negative side of things no matter how many positive things could be said about it.
    If you post a bunch of negative observations, I’ll play the devil’s advocate with a bunch of positive comments. Just keeps the discussion going.
    01-12-20 11:41 AM
    Except, as I just indicated, I do both. It simply depends on what I'm responding to. In the case of BBMe, there is a group of zealots who don't seem to care about the facts. If they just said they liked it, you wouldn't hear a peep from me.
    01-12-20 11:45 AM
    Also to you the tip, stop wasting your time to convince here with arguments. Some here just want to generate clicks on CrackBerry. Or as they say 'Just keeps the discussion going.'
    01-12-20 03:18 PM
    It's a shame that some must play "Devils Advocate" and some feel they posses the Devine right to judge what is too enthusiastic a statement. All in the name of driving traffic! A shame really as this discussion was relevant, informative and engaging! It is not that any longer.
    01-12-20 03:30 PM
    It's a shame that some must play "Devils Advocate" and some feel they posses the Devine right to judge what is too enthusiastic a statement. All in the name of driving traffic! A shame really as this discussion was relevant, informative and engaging! It is not that any longer.

Also to you the tip, stop wasting your time to convince here with arguments. Some here just want to generate clicks on CrackBerry. Or as they say 'Just keeps the discussion going.'
    Apart from Bla1ze, I don't think anyone else cares anything about driving traffic or generating clicks.
    Last edited by conite; 01-12-20 at 08:56 PM.
    01-12-20 03:39 PM
    Then why keep coming back and posting to same people that already have BBMe like me? We’re already sold on the product...

Sell it to people that don’t have it and they’re not coming here for it . They’re on the Android/iOS respective App Store reading the comments and reviews and not here.

YOU'RE complaining just like many did when BB10 was destined for it’s epic failure that saying that was causing it to be true. Not saying it would somehow miraculously save BB10 or now BBMe from some eventual demise.

People don’t care to use a product that nobody else is using. People have so many options for IM platforms. BBM was abandoned by the general consumer long before Emtek since WhatsApp came along 10 long years ago.
    John Albert and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-12-20 03:44 PM
132 1234 ...