Does BBM Enterprise still have its one year free offer, or did that end a while back?
    04-18-20 03:28 PM
    Looks like it still does according to the website. But who knows if BlackBerry updates that page often. Maybe that's one way to get free BBMe, just use a different email address every year. But yeah, that seems like a lot of effort for my 0 BBMe contact. My year comes up next week. I won't be renewing.
    04-19-20 12:03 AM
    Looks like it still does according to the website. But who knows if BlackBerry updates that page often. Maybe that's one way to get free BBMe, just use a different email address every year. But yeah, that seems like a lot of effort for my 0 BBMe contact. My year comes up next week. I won't be renewing.
    I am over the year and paid, but checking for some new people who want to join a group I am in. To be honest it costs next to nothing and I like the security of it. After Zoom claimed they were encrypted when they were not does concern me with all these other "free" communication apps.
    BBM Enterprise is a good secure messaging app, but if you do not have the contacts you want to connect with in the app then it it a problem. Luckily I still have the contacts.
    04-19-20 03:47 PM
    I am over the year and paid, but checking for some new people who want to join a group I am in. To be honest it costs next to nothing and I like the security of it. After Zoom claimed they were encrypted when they were not does concern me with all these other "free" communication apps.
    BBM Enterprise is a good secure messaging app, but if you do not have the contacts you want to connect with in the app then it it a problem. Luckily I still have the contacts.
    My employer (a Canadian bank) has opted for Skype for Business / MS Teams for secure communication. It's pretty feature rich. Sadly BlackBerry has lost most of their banking enterprise clients.
    04-19-20 03:51 PM
    My employer (a Canadian bank) has opted for Skype for Business / MS Teams for secure communication. It's pretty feature rich. Sadly BlackBerry has lost most of their banking enterprise clients.
    Yes, there are a lot of other paid options for business which I would hope are secure. I was referring to the apps that offer their services for "free" , but really are making money off of your usage which they sell to analytical companies.
    I agree that BlackBerry really did not promote BBM Enterprise well and a lot of other companies simply caught up to them.
    04-19-20 04:06 PM
    That's why you choose a messaging app with end-to-end encryption like WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram Private Chat, Viber, Line, Threema, Wire, etc.

Zoom has never used end-to-end encryption.

WhatsApp's new update will allow group voice and video calls between 4 people - fully e2e encrypted.

BBMe-lite does not support group voice or video calls, so I'm not sure why you brought up Zoom anyway. They aren't comparable products.
    Last edited by conite; 04-19-20 at 06:32 PM.
    04-19-20 04:08 PM
    I just noticed that my BBMe still works despite not renewing the subscription. I sent a message to my Passport and back and messages are going through. My free year should have ended on the 25th. Anyone else notice this?
    04-30-20 11:11 PM
    I just noticed that my BBMe still works despite not renewing the subscription. I sent a message to my Passport and back and messages are going through. My free year should have ended on the 25th. Anyone else notice this?
    People get auto renewed, so check if you didn't get charged.
    05-01-20 10:52 AM
    People get auto renewed, so check if you didn't get charged.
    No charge. I cancelled my auto renew a while back.
    05-01-20 10:55 AM
    No charge. I cancelled my auto renew a while back.
    Nice, you are a lucky man then
    05-01-20 02:37 PM
    Nice, you are a lucky man then
    I guess. I can chat between myself on my Passport, K2, and Pixel. Conversations on pretty one sided for the most part.
    05-01-20 09:09 PM
    I guess. I can chat between myself on my Passport, K2, and Pixel. Conversations on pretty one sided for the most part.
    Hihihi
    05-02-20 10:21 PM
    I'm not renewing BBM out of protest. it should be free on BlackBerry phones. Plus no one uses it anymore
    05-15-20 12:48 AM
    I'm not renewing BBM out of protest. it should be free on BlackBerry phones. Plus no one uses it anymore
    You have a DTEK or a Priv? They are 4 and 5 years old respectively. How long does BlackBerry "owe" you with regards to a messaging product that didn't even exist until 2019?
    05-15-20 12:49 AM
    I just got a free year so it's still good

Posted via CB10
    DrEd14 likes this.
    05-31-20 12:43 PM