With the latest update the Emoticon Button now defaults to stickers... Meaning an extra step to now send emoticons, this is going to be one of the most annoying things...

Posted via CB10
    Zirak likes this.
    12-12-14 04:00 PM
    With the latest update the Emoticon Button now defaults to stickers... Meaning an extra step to now send emoticons, this is going to be one of the most annoying things...

Posted via CB10
    Which is going to change based on feedback I'm sure.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 04:12 PM
    Agree! This is total BS.

BBM monetization FTW, lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 04:14 PM
    Which is going to change based on feedback I'm sure.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully! You can see why they have done it, too advertise Stickers more, because people have to buy them, but most people just don't care about the stickers!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 04:20 PM
    If it takes that much effort for you to move your thumb over and selection the emoticon of your choice you have other issues sir. The more options given, the more weak whinning about " i can't do it this way". Don't let my category according to the number of post i make fool you. i have been on here and mostly chose to observe for a long time( 6 years are more), and if giving consumers more options is a bad thing, then this is why we have only (4) major smartphone operating system, which is less for us. I am sure some of you may understand what a monoply is, and if every thing has to be that same because you can't handle change, that is where we are headed. Back to dial phones or whatever the monoply chooses for us.
    12-12-14 04:33 PM
    If it takes that much effort for you to move your thumb over and selection the emoticon of your choice you have other issues sir. The more options given, the more weak whinning about " i can't do it this way". Don't let my category according to the number of post i make fool you. i have been on here and mostly chose to observe for a long time( 6 years are more), and if giving consumers more options is a bad thing, then this is why we have only (4) major smartphone operating system, which is less for us. I am sure some of you may understand what a monoply is, and if every thing has to be that same because you can't handle change, that is where we are headed. Back to dial phones or whatever the monoply chooses for us.
    Your missing the point, the most used option out of the two is the Emoticon, so after two years of BB10, having that 'Emoticon Face' go to the Emoticon section, it now goes to Stickers. Meaning I now have a pointless extra step to get to the emotions.

Also why are you going on about giving consumers more options? That isn't my argument, you say this as if Stickers just came out, they've been there a while and I didn't complain, because it never affected me until now. New options are great, just don't add inconvenience to the old well established ones in order to offer them. That's my point.

Posted via CB10
    tzioneretz likes this.
    12-12-14 05:51 PM
    Well maybe we can buy a setting in the future to revert it back to the original way!

Posted via CB10
    tzioneretz likes this.
    12-13-14 03:32 AM
    Well, I really don't mind it. I love using stickers and sometimes it's just odd to go back to using the small emoticons. Having said that, I do use many emoticons and I can see why many people don't like it though not much it is an extra step which can break the flow.

Posted via CB10
    Craig Abernethy likes this.
    12-13-14 03:46 AM
    Well maybe we can buy a setting in the future to revert it back to the original way!

Posted via CB10
    Haha! I like that

Posted via CB10
    tan_okan likes this.
    12-13-14 06:52 AM
    "Hopefully" there will be a setting in the future to change this.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    12-13-14 07:41 AM
    Agreed this change irks me, rather a change to set the default to the last sticker/smiley sent.
    Zirak likes this.
    12-13-14 11:39 AM
    Was just gonna make a thread. So dumb

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 11:44 AM
    Wow this is sooooo annoying

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 12:12 PM
    Agree with everyone else here. I'm so annoyed. I wish I would have known before I updated because then I never would have. Ugh

Posted via CB10
    tzioneretz and Zirak like this.
    12-13-14 12:12 PM
    I for one would pay to have it revert back!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 12:13 PM
    So annoying!!! I hope they switch it back soon!!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 01:13 PM
    I agree very annoying...I want stickers off my phone...Blackberry should give us the option in BBM settings
    12-13-14 01:19 PM
    The most annoying thing is when you press a sticker it gets sent right away... even if it's the wrong one. How 'professional' is that?

Really disappointed with this

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 07:47 PM
    Arggg! Defaults to stickers, should be last used and emoticons when first loaded.
    What I cannot stand is when I send 2 emoticons in a single test, ie send the wife a hug and kiss. Hit hug then it reverts to stickers...

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    12-13-14 08:57 PM
    ^^^ do you use BBM ^^^
    It's not about change, it's about the flow of things. See my other post. Try sending 1 message, use 2 emoticons in it, see the extra steps when it defaults to stickers instead of emoticons. It should default to emoticons because you are in the TEXT field and emoticons go in that field... not stickers.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    iamagod likes this.
    12-13-14 09:03 PM
    Your missing the point, the most used option out of the two is the Emoticon, so after two years of BB10, having that 'Emoticon Face' go to the Emoticon section, it now goes to Stickers. Meaning I now have a pointless extra step to get to the emotions.

Also why are you going on about giving consumers more options? That isn't my argument, you say this as if Stickers just came out, they've been there a while and I didn't complain, because it never affected me until now. New options are great, just don't add inconvenience to the old well established ones in order to offer them. That's my point.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree Craig!

Posted via CB10
    Craig Abernethy likes this.
    12-13-14 09:28 PM
    Irritating! Smh

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:49 PM
    Okay everyone listen up!

I'm not going to pretend that I've read all of the threads I'm posting this in so let me know if I'm being redundant!

I just got off the phone with BlackBerry tech support and the only official process they can follow is based off of I Can Make It Better posts, so I've now posted it and sharing it around! Get anyone you know to upvote this so we can get it fixed ASAP!

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....default-in-bbm

Go here and upvote the post!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-14-14 03:27 PM
    Lmao wth are you talking abt?! The option to use stickers was there before this update. There arent any "MORE" OPTIONS with this update. NONE. Its just a horrible choice for default behaviour of the app.

I'm honestly starting to think its a bug and accidentally defaults that way. Because theres no way, anybody, with even half a brain, would be stupid enough to think stickers should default over emoticons. If not a bug, then the BBM team is shameless. BBMs become an embarrassing relic of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    tzioneretz likes this.
    12-14-14 09:22 PM
    Totally annoying this new BBM update! Please revert to emoticon as default!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 10:36 PM