If not, can someone help me trouble shoot why mine will not send?

I've tried 4g and wifi and only get a check. I've tried to an iPhone and a Z10.

Using z10 on Verizon running 10.2 from rogers.

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 02:51 PM
    Do you mean you get a gray check but no red clock, no D and no R? That is likely an issue at the recipient's end or the server after it leaves your device.

PM me your PIM and we can test, if you like.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    01-12-14 03:27 PM
    Thank you for helping. Yes, your comment is correct. Its weird because I sent my daughter a message and it had a grey check. I asked her to message me and I received it and was able to reply. None of my other messages have gone through. I can't find a way to pm you.......Thank you again for being willing to help

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:33 PM
    Mine is doing the same for the last couple of weeks... and also it shows some txt have the D but the others recipient haven't received nothing

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 09:05 PM
    Are you sending to iPhone users? Typically when they haven't used bbm for some time, the message does go through and is in their notification Centre(assuming they have turned on the notifications in their iPhone app settings), but will show as a grey check mark for you until the open the app again. This I believe has something to do with the ios multitasking suspending an app in the background.

Posted via CB10
    ital1 and Undbiter65 like this.
    01-12-14 09:24 PM
    Thanks. I was sending to both. All of the sudden, all my messages went through and I received replies that they just received a bunch of messages from me. Not sure what was going on but I hope it's over.

Thanks for being willing to help. If it acts weird again, i will post again. No idea what happened or why but grateful it is working again.
    01-12-14 11:26 PM
    Thanks. I was sending to both. All of the sudden, all my messages went through and I received replies that they just received a bunch of messages from me. Not sure what was going on but I hope it's over.

Thanks for being willing to help. If it acts weird again, i will post again. No idea what happened or why but grateful it is working again.
    Hi again.

Glad the messages came through. Messages to my non BB devices go through normally and behave in the same manner as messages to my BB devices, meaning the D or R appears. Only when I'm in a location with bad reception does the sender receive the gray checkmark or when there are server issues on my end (the receiving end.) This is applicable to iPhone 5 or 5s running iOS7 and to later Android devices.

For future information, if you want to send a PM, you can click on someone's avatar, bottom right corner, and the avatar comes up larger. At the bottom you will see a row of options below the user's information. PM is around the middle.
    01-13-14 03:34 AM
    Actually they don't behave in the same manner as BlackBerry devices and behave as I stated above. If BBM has not been active for some time on IOS, the Grey check mark will appear to the sender even though the message has been delivered. Just to be sure, I just tested it with my wife's IPhone 5 running ios 7. Phone is right beside me. Grey Check mark on my BBM although notification came on IPhone 5.
    Once BBM is opened, then the D is shown and will continue on subsequent messages until BBM is again inactive for a period of time.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ray689; 01-13-14 at 07:15 AM.
    ital1, Undbiter65 and Thesmartmale like this.
    01-13-14 06:34 AM
    Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 06:39 AM
    Actually they don't behave in the same manner as BlackBerry devices and behave as I stated above. If BBM has not been active for some time on IOS, the Grey check mark will appear to the sender even though the message has been delivered. Just to be sure, I just tested it with my wife's IPhone 5 running ios 7. Phone is right beside me. Grey Check mark on my BBM although notification came on IPhone 5.
    Once BBM is opened, then the D is shown and will continue on subsequent messages until BBM is again inactive for a period of time.

Posted via CB10
    Before I answered this morning I tested from my Q10 to my iPhone 5s which was locked and asleep.

The Q10 received the D while the iPhone was locked. The iPhone did not wake up until I unlocked it. At that point I received the R on the Q10 when I opened BBM on the iPhone. Same behaviour as a BlackBerry to BlackBerry which I tested from Q10 to 9930.

I tested the SGIII in the same way with the same result. The only difference was the notification on the SGIII which did not show the red mark on the icon with the number on it.

So the gray mark does not stay on unless there is an error in communication to the non BlackBerry device, whether server or low signal/no signal.

Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-13-14 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Typos - "answered" and from "unlocked" to "locked"
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-13-14 07:46 AM
    Before I answere this morning I tested from my Q10 to my iPhone 5s which was locked and asleep.

The Q10 received the D while the iPhone was unlocked. The iPhone did not wake up until I unlocked it. At that point I received the R on the Q10 when I opened BBM on the iPhone. Same behaviour as a BlackBerry to BlackBerry which I tested from Q10 to 9930.

I tested the SGIII in the same way with the same result. The only difference was the notification on the SGIII which did not show the red mark on the icon with the number on it.

So the gray mark does not stay on unless there is an error in communication to the non BlackBerry device, whether server or low signal/no signal.

This has been a well documented thing all over the forums so not sure how it worked that way for you on your iPhone. Many have tested and received the same result as I have. It is a limitation of IOS and it is a known issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 07:53 AM
    This has been a well documented thing all over the forums so not sure how it worked that way for you on your iPhone. Many have tested and received the same result as I have. It is a limitation of IOS and it is a known issue.

Posted via CB10

During initial setup of BBM, during the rush to download, the servers were being hammered and the gray mark appeared on the sender with no message on the receiver. Once that cleared then the situation resolved.

It was also noted on 4S or 4 devices or devices running iOS6. I never experienced that issue because by the time BBM had gone cross platform I already had my iPhone 5 on iOS7. And it behaved as I described. The D appears on the sending BlackBerry even if the iPhone is asleep.

I just ran the test again in the Metro tunnel.

Sending device Q10.
    In the tunnel red clock on the Q10.
    At Metro Center red clock on the Q10.
    At Gallery Place D on the Q10.

iPhone has been asleep and in my bag for the last 20 minutes.

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-13-14 08:19 AM
    Maybe it's been fixed in some versions?
    01-13-14 08:32 AM
    Maybe it's been fixed in some versions?
    That's possible. I know it still acts this way with all my iPhone contacts. I don't consider it a big issue but stating a fact.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 08:34 AM
    Just tested again.

Same result.

01-13-14 08:37 AM
    Out of curiosity I had my friend with a z10 BBM me on my 5S to see what happened and it never got the check mark. Right from D to R, it was already at D when I took it from my pocket.
    01-13-14 08:45 AM
    Just tested again.

Same result.

Great for you but i've tested with multiple people using IPhone with the same result as many others are getting all over the forums and the Internet.
    I was pointing out something that has been very common and could be the source of the issue the OP was having.

Posted via CB10
    ital1 likes this.
    01-13-14 08:48 AM
    Out of curiosity I had my friend with a z10 BBM me on my 5S to see what happened and it never got the check mark. Right from D to R, it was already at D when I took it from my pocket.
    Yup, my iPhone is still asleep. But I've been getting the Ds on my Q10.

As I mentioned at the very beginning, there might be a signal or server issue at the receiving end. I also explained what devices and OS my statement related to.

To expand on my device, I'm running iOS 7.0.4 on an iPhone 5s BBM 1.0.5.

01-13-14 08:54 AM
    Haha didn't see this coming. Like I said, search around and see that it's common.
    I have many IOS contacts and the check mark happens all the time.
    Anyways, you two get the last word because i'm not getting into this with both of you as I know how this works now. Bye.

Posted via CB10
    ital1 likes this.
    01-13-14 08:59 AM
    OP - you might find this useful. Make sure you check the settings to ensure you get the Push notification regardless of whether BBM is open or closed on the iPhone, as I mentioned.

Is BBM Down?-crackberry-image-1-.jpg

reeneebob and paper_monkey like this.
    01-13-14 10:50 AM
    For me 2% of messages are not going through and just show as a grey checkmark. Preceding and proceeding messages get delivered and read fine to the same iPhone user. I suspect a server problem where the message is getting lost.

See below:

Is BBM Down?-bbm.png
    Last edited by sk8er_tor; 01-13-14 at 11:15 AM.
    01-13-14 11:04 AM
    For me 2% of messages are not going through and just show as a grey checkmark. Preceding and proceeding messages get delivered and read fine to the same iPhone user. I suspect a server problem where the message is getting lost.

See below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBM.png 
Views:	681 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	238305
    Exactly. And also signal problems. I unfortunately can't create that unless I leave my iPhone somewhere where I know there is no signal and BBM myself. And for that to happen I'd have to leave the device some place other than home or work. Obviously I'm not too keen on doing that.
    01-13-14 11:18 AM
    Haha didn't see this coming. Like I said, search around and see that it's common.
    I have many IOS contacts and the check mark happens all the time.
    Anyways, you two get the last word because i'm not getting into this with both of you as I know how this works now. Bye.

Posted via CB10
    Ooooooookay. All I did was provide some information on what I encountered. I apologize if this upset you.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    01-13-14 11:46 AM
    Thank you all for your info. Just to clarify what my issue was.

I was sending to BlackBerry and iphone. At the time, 2 iphone and 1 z10 were sitting in the same house as me. None of which received my message and a grey check was on my phone. Many hours later, they all received my message. Since they were in the house with me, all of our service was good.

Now, I still can't find how to PM. I clicked on your avatar and received several options on the side bar. None were PM. I viewed your profile and did not see it there. This may be a new thread but, what am I doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 12:15 PM
    Thank you all for your info. Just to clarify what my issue was.

I was sending to BlackBerry and iphone. At the time, 2 iphone and 1 z10 were sitting in the same house as me. None of which received my message and a grey check was on my phone. Many hours later, they all received my message. Since they were in the house with me, all of our service was good.

Now, I still can't find how to PM. I clicked on your avatar and received several options on the side bar. None were PM. I viewed your profile and did not see it there. This may be a new thread but, what am I doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Hang on just a tiny bit. I'm at work and at a BORING requirements gathering meeting so I can't access my computer.

Give me a few and I'll PM you???

01-13-14 12:20 PM
176 123 ...