Hi! So I made 11 of my staff use BBM and to join a group.

Here's the process and problems:

I had to text them the invite and my PIN. Some don't know how to add and had to get the PIN again. One couldn't register. Kept making her create a new account. After they're in contact, I have to send them another invite and now I have to wait for them to find the invite to join the chat group.

It's a pretty frustrated and long ordeal, as they kept on saying why don't you use wechat or what's app. I had to keep saying this better and they saying this annoying! I have to create an account blah blah blah.

So far I only have 3 staff in the group.

So BlackBerry, can you make it easy to join by simply let people create an account without an email (the pin is essentially a phone number and the app is already on the phone, why need emails?) and forget about invite. Have the option to allow anyone to message you and to add into groups. We can always block or leave a group after.

It's really is frustrating trying to get a group text going.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 12:46 PM
    I'm sorry you're having this trouble. Why not simply send them the barcode to scan?
    04-16-14 01:42 PM
    Hi! So I made 11 of my staff use BBM and to join a group.

Here's the process and problems:

I had to text them the invite and my PIN. Some don't know how to add and had to get the PIN again. One couldn't register. Kept making her create a new account. After they're in contact, I have to send them another invite and now I have to wait for them to find the invite to join the chat group.

It's a pretty frustrated and long ordeal, as they kept on saying why don't you use wechat or what's app. I had to keep saying this better and they saying this annoying! I have to create an account blah blah blah.

So far I only have 3 staff in the group.

So BlackBerry, can you make it easy to join by simply let people create an account without an email (the pin is essentially a phone number and the app is already on the phone, why need emails?) and forget about invite. Have the option to allow anyone to message you and to add into groups. We can always block or leave a group after.

It's really is frustrating trying to get a group text going.

Posted via CB10
    Honeslty the majorty of people are not tech savy at all and can't even plug a dvd player into a televison. You might have to walk around and do it for everyone, takes less than a minute.
    04-16-14 02:05 PM
    The problem is not all staff work at the same time so I couldn't walk everyone through it. The thing is I shouldn't have to. I know I don't have a problem with installing and setting it up. Although I did forget my password once or twice.

It really is should be easier to install and use.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:14 PM
    I mostly don't understand the quarrels. If you are about to use an app for a long long time, why not take 2 minutes to set it up? The process is rather simple. All invites are in one spot in the app. So tell them to swipe to the right and select invites. From there on it's a simple tap and go.

The one who has problems setting up the account. Does he/she already have an older BBID with the same email? This could cause the problem.

If you really want them to use BBM, I hate to say it, you have to be the one to set it up for them. You can also guide them through it with WhatsApp if you don't see everyone at work. Kind of weird, but in the end it will be worth it.

I agree, there should be (even) easier ways to connect initially, but there are probably not coming in a long long time, if at all!
    04-16-14 02:24 PM