BlackBerry Messenger On Your Desktop? | CrackBerry.com
    BBM Desktop Rumored To Launch Alongside BlackBerry 10 | NerdBerry.net
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ebsite-760094/
    I read these three posts today and I’m starting to get excited about the prospects. If it’s true and coming to our internet along with BB10 this could really be a hit. BBM desktop would be fantastic. The one thing that is yet to be touched on or clearly stated and I would like to get everyone’s feed back on, is the ability for a BBM Video chat to be incorporated into this service. Would it not be possible even easy for RIM to build into this site a portal where other platforms could ring/phone a BlackBerry for a video chat? As long as the caller has the required PIN number? Once they are on the site they call the pin for a BBM Video chat. I guess RIM will have to build Applications for web users, android and ios clients to download but that should be doable? It’s not giving away anything just letting others contact a BlackBerry! If done it could start to eat into Skype’s market share as it being a RIM app it should be more secure than Skype. The idea may need a bit of refinement but I sure hope RIM has something like this in the offing come Jan30. As long as the BlackBerry users can video chat with everyone and not give away BBM to other platforms, that is the purpose here. At the very least and maybe to start with they could at least build something for PC and laptop users??
    Anyone have any thoughts?
    Last edited by Dapper37; 12-31-12 at 05:01 PM.
    fernandez21 likes this.
    12-31-12 01:58 AM
    IF they add chatrooms to BBM this will be huge.
    12-31-12 07:15 AM
    This is what I was saying in my thread about a "my.blackberry.com" website. I think that a desktop BBM app would be great (plugin for Browers, full on PIM via a website too, etc). All of this would be great to complement the BB Mobile experience.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    12-31-12 09:45 AM
    This is what I was saying in my thread about a "my.blackberry.com" website. I think that a desktop BBM app would be great (plugin for Browers, full on PIM via a website too, etc). All of this would be great to complement the BB Mobile experience.
    Noted and edited in my post! thanks and I agree with your thoughts. I love the discussion that takes place here. A wealth of brainstorming. Uninhibited and free! RIM should love it to. I'm sure they do. First comes the idea next come the action! When we get this on our platforms, impressions will change!
    12-31-12 05:05 PM