I have a BlackBerry Z10, my son has an iPhone 5 and my daughter has a Nexus 4. I loaded BlackBerry Messenger on their phones and am having problems with them receiving my BBM messages. Quite often my messages to them don't end up with the blue D. Usually I have a grey check box. Is there something I can do to fix this problem?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 07:45 AM
    Hi and welcome. No, unfortunately I am finding the same thing to non-BB phones. Just is a lot slower and takes half a day sometimes. Other times it happens instantly. hard to have a convo that takes 18 hours!
    11-12-13 07:47 AM
    Hi Laura, this seems to be recurring more often. May have something to do with signal. Not sure.
    Mine get through fine to cross platform users.

Do they have the app open?
    11-12-13 07:48 AM
    11-12-13 08:09 AM
    I only loaded 10.2 on my Z10 yesterday and had this a lot today with a person on a iphone with the random message never being delivered and a couple of times with ppl on Android too.
    It has actually really annoyed me today BBM has been the most reliable message system for years, but that said watsapp has been messing up occasionally recently
    11-12-13 08:33 AM
    I have the same problem with my wife's 4s. The only way she gets notifications is if she was just recently in BBM (within a couple of minutes) or is in the app already. All notifications are turned on. Keep getting a message to connect phone to iTunes to turn push notifications on - but the notifications are turned on within the phone. She hates using BBM now because of this.
    11-12-13 08:39 AM
    So does bbm have to remain open and running in the background in order to receive messages?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:04 AM
    So does bbm have to remain open and running in the background in order to receive messages?

Posted via CB10
    On iOS, it looks that way, which sort of defeats its purpose IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:25 AM
    No, BBM doesn't have to be open for them to get notifications. However, I have noticed this inconsistency as well. It seems to be impacted by when they are on the phone, according to one of my android friends.

Nonetheless, as we speak, all of my BBM's are clocking, even to other BlackBerry users. Is BBM down? I'm going to try rebooting real quick to see if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:26 AM
    Okay. I just rebooted and now things are working again, across the board. A little slower than normal but my signal isn't gull strength at work like it normally is so, that could be why.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:47 AM
    I noticed this alot in groups. Messages are getting very jumbled and are arrive 1 full day later to the minute sometimes
    11-12-13 09:47 AM
    Hopefully something will be done to fix this. Very hard to rely on when it's so inconsistent. Not to mention that when the bbm messaging finally arrived for iPhone and Android I was telling all my friends how great bbm was. So far, not that great.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 10:01 AM
    Same problem here. My bbm contacts with Android devices and some iOS devices are either not getting my messages or I'm not getting theirs.

It's very frustrating when I've been advocating bbm for quite some time and this happens....

Cmon BlackBerry. Get yr sht together.

Or is there something we need to do? Reboot?
    gebco likes this.
    11-12-13 04:13 PM
    Or is there something we need to do? Reboot?
    No, there is nothing you need to do. BlackBerry needs to get their sh1t together. But at this point, I can only assume they've given up.

And, the thread below continues to be the proper place for this discussion:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=864125

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 08:08 PM