Hay folks,

I have always been one of luckiest BBM users who were invited to test every beta version of BBM. As you might all know that the latest beta testing going on for BBM is for Custom PIN and No Ads so I thought to give Custom PIN feature a go this morning because ads does not bother me at the moment. To my surprise, I was not charged for it despite getting the notification that I will have to pay $1.99 per month for the subscription. Once I entered my password to take me to payment page, it showed me Free in total section so I thought that maybe all beta users were given an opportunity to have it free during the testing phase but I was wrong once again. When the payment confirmation email was received, it was mentioned there that I was only given one day free trial to test the feature and automatic monthly subscription will start from tomorrow with an option to cancel it before that. Once I activated the Custom PIN, a badge appeared on my profile picture and Custom PIN appeared under my regular PIN. Unfortunately, that badge did not appeared on my DP when I checked my BBM contact on iOS and Android BBM and neither do I was able to add myself using new Custom PIN. To my understanding, this was due to the fact that this is just a Beta feature and sadly I was unable to impress my friends with it.

I am not sure if I am ready to pay monthly for it as I would have preferred a one time payment or even better that only BBM users using Blackberry should have given it for free to appreciate their loyalty with Blackberry. Another problem is that, if I read it correctly, this Custom PIN will not replace your original PIN and if for some reason you will not be able to renew the subscription, your Custom PIN will be gone and someone can pay and will be allowed to make the same PIN as yours.

I have taken screenshots for you guys to have a look that how does it appears and please do let me know if you guys would like me to check anything which I have missed. Plus, if there is any other Beta user testing this feature out, do let me know so I can add you and see how does it appears on someone else side.

PS Move the thread if it was not posted under appropriate section and ignore the mistakes as English is not my mother tongue
    Attached Thumbnails BBM Cutomised PIN feature checked on Blackberry Passport-01-payment-page.jpg   BBM Cutomised PIN feature checked on Blackberry Passport-02-pin-setup-page.jpg   BBM Cutomised PIN feature checked on Blackberry Passport-03-t-c-01.jpg   BBM Cutomised PIN feature checked on Blackberry Passport-04-t-c-02.jpg   BBM Cutomised PIN feature checked on Blackberry Passport-05-t-c-03.jpg  

BBM Cutomised PIN feature checked on Blackberry Passport-06-t-c-04.jpg   BBM Cutomised PIN feature checked on Blackberry Passport-07-customised-pin-01.jpg   BBM Cutomised PIN feature checked on Blackberry Passport-08-customised-pin-02.jpg   BBM Cutomised PIN feature checked on Blackberry Passport-09-customised-pin-03.jpg   BBM Cutomised PIN feature checked on Blackberry Passport-10-payment-email.jpg  

moosbb likes this.
    02-25-15 02:34 AM
    12 dollars a year for the customized pin and 12 dollars a year for no ads. You think with the lousy rollout of 10.3.1 BlackBerry would have something else to test.

Yes I am a beta tester and unimpressed.
    Thesmartmale and Q10Bold like this.
    02-25-15 05:37 AM
    I'm not facing that screen flickering issues that much but very annoyed with notification sounds gone to a level where I'm continuously missing out messages all the time. I guess I shall cancel Custom PIN before they charge me for it
    02-25-15 05:42 AM
    Is it possible, to use the customized PIN with more devices at the same time? For example use it with a BlackBerry Classic and a Passport to have all messages synchronized?
    03-02-15 03:17 AM
    Is it possible, to use the customized PIN with more devices at the same time? For example use it with a BlackBerry Classic and a Passport to have all messages synchronized?
    No.

Posted via CB10
    reneSc likes this.
    03-02-15 03:40 AM
    I don't have a Passport, but I'm in the beta. Personally I don't see any benefit except for people who can't remember their PIN number when verbally speaking to someone. Vanity PINs are obviously easy to remember.

It's not like you can share the vanity PIN using mypin. It doesn't show in your profile unless you put it there. Aside from the initial purchase BCM option, there is no additional automated way to share that you have one after that.

You get a ribbon. Big deal. It's just a status type of thing like a verified channel or Twitter handle.

I also don't know if anyone has seen this and maybe I'm wrong, but the removal of sponsored channels seem to only be from what BlackBerry inserts in your feeds. I think I still see sponsored channels within individual channels. Like their own sponsored ads in their specific feeds are still present. Not sure if I'm explaining that clear enough. Sorry.

I'm going to keep it for now. Hoping there may be more perks for subs added in the future. It's not killing my pocket but there needs to be more value added if they want me to sustain a sub. I didn't have vanity PINs the day before release and it won't hurt if I don't have it in the future.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 03-02-15 at 05:53 AM.
    03-02-15 04:13 AM
    Quite useless than IMHO
    03-02-15 04:13 AM
    is it out already ? why on some blackberry blog said "are now available" ?

this feature will be useful for
    1. users who use BBM for their onlineshop
    2. users who really really like to be exist in social media life
    3. users who really really really really proud of using BBM
    4. users who really really really really really have lots lots lots lots of bbm contact
    5. users who uses lots of devices with bbm with lots of contact ;P

for users who don't want to subscribe this feature, we must be prepared for lots and lots of new ads from blackberry (compare to current) ;p
    03-02-15 04:44 AM
    is it out already ? why on some blackberry blog said "are now available" ?

this feature will be useful for
    1. users who use BBM for their onlineshop
    2. users who really really like to be exist in social media life
    3. users who really really really really proud of using BBM
    4. users who really really really really really have lots lots lots lots of bbm contact
    5. users who uses lots of devices with bbm with lots of contact ;P

for users who don't want to subscribe this feature, we must be prepared for lots and lots of new ads from blackberry (compare to current) ;p
    Well, except for #3 and possibly your footnote none of that really really really really makes any sense...

1) Anything purchased from the BBM shop is associated with your BBID and BBAW.
    2) Not sure how this plays into social media really unless you go out of your way to tell people. It's not something easily shared like myver/mypin.
    3)**Yes. It's just a status thing from what I see now.**
    4) It doesn't really have any bearing on your contacts because your contacts still only see your PIN not your vanity PIN. Unless you purposely tell them. It's easier to just connect they way we always have.
    5) AFAIK vanity pins are associated with your PIN and BBID when purchased, so it's not like you can use them simultaneously on multiple devices. They are most likely moved from device to device when performing device switches. Just like any other BBAW purchase.

Your footnote may be predictive... Although BlackBerry reserves the right to adapt to usage, they have self regulated sponsored content to 3 per month. So you may be correct in that it could increase out in the future, but currently not in the near term. And there may be a lot more advantages to sub by that time.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/03/bbm-ads/

Posted via CB10
    reneSc likes this.
    03-02-15 05:50 AM
    Well, except for #3 and possibly your footnote none of that really really really really makes any sense...

2) Not sure how this plays into social media really unless you go out of your way to tell people. It's not something easily shared like myver/mypin.
    3)**Yes. It's just a status thing from what I see now.**
    4) It doesn't really have any bearing on your contacts because your contacts still only see your PIN not your vanity PIN. Unless you purposely tell them. It's easier to just connect they way we always have.
    5) AFAIK vanity pins are associated with your PIN and BBID when purchased, so it's not like you can use them simultaneously on multiple devices. They are most likely moved from device to device when performing device switches. Just like any other BBAW purchase.

Your footnote may be predictive... Although BlackBerry reserves the right to adapt to usage, they have self regulated sponsored content to 3 per month. So you may be correct in that it could increase out in the future, but currently not in the near term. And there may be a lot more advantages to sub by that time.

The Truth About Advertising and BBM | Inside BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    ===>>> what I meant was, users who have own online shop, can use advantages of this feature, for eg, I sell clothes online, then I can have my own unique pin under my own brand. So I can promote my pin with an "easy remember pin". And I thought that's why Blackberry emphasizing we can't reclaim any unique pin which has already used by others

=====>> for some part of society, it will become trend (probably). Just imagine, someone who own unique pin under their own name or choice, would be regards as the "coolest" . Again, this social life has their "own" world (which kinda of silly for me though and sometimes could be cruel). "hey what's your pin" -- "oh just add me Andrew666" - LOL

=====> I was implying wrong meaning (maybe), what I meant was, if users have so many friends using bbm, it could have some advantages to easily let his/her friends to add his/her bbm using unique pin. I know scanning code will be easier, but at least another easy way to add pin

====>>> let say, I use ios, android and blackberry, I own online shop with my own brand, then I subscribe unique pin with XXX-01 for ios, XXX-02 for android, XXX-03 for blackberry. And if I have co-workers/employee, and to expand my brand promotion and customer service online, I provide several handset, then I'll use XXX-04, 05, 06 and so on. Make any sense ? ;p
    03-02-15 06:19 AM
    I just want it because BlackBerry... and the cool blue add-on :P I will probably never use it tho...

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 
    03-02-15 06:49 AM
    1)what I meant was, users who have own online shop, can use advantages of this feature, for eg, I sell clothes online, then I can have my own unique pin under my own brand. So I can promote my pin with an "easy remember pin". And I thought that's why Blackberry emphasizing we can't reclaim any unique pin which has already used by others

-Ok. I thought you meant purchases from BBAW. But as I already stated, vanity PINs are easy to remember. But I don't know how personal it can be with a 6-8 digit PIN and millions eventually claiming the best for themselves. I couldn't make the PIN I really wanted because of the limitations required. Most will end up with names like Joe007 or something. I don't think businesses will limit themselves to such a short description. Good luck with that.

2) for some part of society, it will become trend (probably). Just imagine, someone who own unique pin under their own name or choice, would be regards as the "coolest" . Again, this social life has their "own" world (which kinda of silly for me though and sometimes could be cruel). "hey what's your pin" -- "oh just add me Andrew666" - LOL

-Well for me, as stated before, I interpreted that as falling into the category of #3. A status thing.

4) I was implying wrong meaning (maybe), what I meant was, if users have so many friends using bbm, it could have some advantages to easily let his/her friends to add his/her bbm using unique pin. I know scanning code will be easier, but at least another easy way to add pin

-Again. Vanity PINs are easy to remember, but you have to go out of your way to tell them. There is currently only one BCM to send initially. Nothing to automate that after such as mypin. So you will basically creating BCMs to let your contacts know. And if they are anything like me, they are deleted as soon as the bullhorn is seen. I don't know anyone that actually likes to receive BCMs. I'm sure some like them, but that's not my experience. If you want to let them know it would probably have to be individual messages to each contact. Why all the extra trouble?

5) let say, I use ios, android and blackberry, I own online shop with my own brand, then I subscribe unique pin with XXX-01 for ios, XXX-02 for android, XXX-03 for blackberry. And if I have co-workers/employee, and to expand my brand promotion and customer service online, I provide several handset, then I'll use XXX-04, 05, 06 and so on. Make any sense ? ;p

-Sure. You can fragment your brand to a vanity PIN for each OS. But why get so confusing about it. I don't see why a single vanity PIN cannot be used by customers on all platforms. Your current PIN works that way, correct?

In the case of providing handsets for employees I can see delegating a single platform for each individual employee, but then where is the oversight? You won't be able to monitor content, bad language, or side shenanigans. You can only see what happens at the sale back end via stock quantity or order numbers. I would want more control than that.

Imagine Bla1ze being editor, but could not oversee what MODS are doing? If MODs here had control of split regions. And you could not see any activities on the site until after that MOD made any adjustments/denials/approvals. It's not really "your" business. Sure you can say I have employees I can trust, but any business owner will tell you sometimes even "family" can be the one to take the most advantage.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 07:18 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Oh come on, we're speaking small and limited online business, not huge eCom business. I don't know at other countries, but in my country, many people promoting their product with bbm (although some already ditch bbm, but still huge number for bbm users)
    That's why they need "listening to" feature to keep their profile on the top list (feed), that's why they keep changing their picture profile with product (not always broadcasting, since they have their own fans based, and their bbm pin spread through web forum or from mouth to mouth (or should I say pin to pin LOL)

Anyway, this feature will have some advantages for some people, but not really an "killing" weapon. For me, I don't think I will subscribe

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 07:55 AM
    I have a customized PIN. Just because... PCFIXR
    03-02-15 08:00 AM
    Oh come on, we're speaking small and limited online business, not huge eCom business. I don't know at other countries, but in my country, many people promoting their product with bbm (although some already ditch bbm, but still huge number for bbm users)
    That's why they need "listening to" feature to keep their profile on the top list (feed), that's why they keep changing their picture profile with product (not always broadcasting, since they have their own fans based, and their bbm pin spread through web forum or from mouth to mouth (or should I say pin to pin LOL)

Anyway, this feature will have some advantages for some people, but not really an "killing" weapon. For me, I don't think I will subscribe

Posted via CB10

Okey dokey artichokie!
    I was not speaking of a large business! How could that be when you're speaking of handing out devices with custom PINS to employees for each platform as per your statement of example? One device per platform. There can only be a single vanity PIN per device and there are only 4 OSs; hence there can only be 4 devices plus whatever you're using. Unless you fragment things even further by trying to have multiple devices per platform. That's even more of a headache like you now mention would be for a large company. None of it makes sense...

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:48 AM
    This should have been a free "feature" really.
    03-02-15 10:34 AM
    EDIT: I just now managed to force it via using BlackBerry World on my PC.
    EDIT2: It installed v10.7.4.21, but I'm not seeing any extra options. Found them

I'm guessing the new BBM is only for 10.3.1.xxxx?

I'm on 10.3.0.908, Verizon, Z30.
    In BlackBerry World I only see my current version BBM v10.6.4.10.
    In the BB10 Sachesi App 1.1.7.4, I can see in BlackBerry World BBM v10.7.5.30 but I can't get it to download.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 03-02-15 at 10:58 AM.
    03-02-15 10:42 AM
    I'm NOT paying for a Pin.

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY PΛSSPӨЯŦ
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-02-15 11:17 AM
    EDIT: I just now managed to force it via using BlackBerry World on my PC.
    EDIT2: It installed v10.7.4.21, but I'm not seeing any extra options. Found them

I'm guessing the new BBM is only for 10.3.1.xxxx?

I'm on 10.3.0.908, Verizon, Z30.
    In BlackBerry World I only see my current version BBM v10.6.4.10.
    In the BB10 Sachesi App 1.1.7.4, I can see in BlackBerry World BBM v10.7.5.30 but I can't get it to download.
    The update is available and rolling out for all BB10 devices. I just got it on my second device on 10.2.1. There are different versions for the various OSs.

Good luck!

Attachment 338146
    03-02-15 11:58 AM
    Skype name is for free....lol

Posted via Q10Bold
    03-02-15 03:18 PM
    Okey dokey artichokie!
    I was not speaking of a large business! How could that be when you're speaking of handing out devices with custom PINS to employees for each platform as per your statement of example? One device per platform. There can only be a single vanity PIN per device and there are only 4 OSs; hence there can only be 4 devices plus whatever you're using. Unless you fragment things even further by trying to have multiple devices per platform. That's even more of a headache like you now mention would be for a large company. None of it makes sense...

Posted via CB10
    you will be suprised to notice people (at my country) using 2 BB devices (not counting for their other os phone), with all bbm active users, selling any kind of homemade product or services, as their side job income. I'm talking about what I saw and that's the fact that's going on here ;p I'm not imagining or be "creative" LOL

Indonesia is (or was) one of the highest BBM active users, this statement not just suddenly appear without any cause ;p --- but sadly it's gradually decrease from time to time
    03-02-15 05:36 PM
    you will be suprised to notice people (at my country) using 2 BB devices (not counting for their other os phone), with all bbm active users, selling any kind of homemade product or services, as their side job income. I'm talking about what I saw and that's the fact that's going on here ;p I'm not imagining or be "creative" LOL

Indonesia is (or was) one of the highest BBM active users, this statement not just suddenly appear without any cause ;p --- but sadly it's gradually decrease from time to time
    I was just letting you know how it works since obviously you didn't know. What was being said did not make sense. That's all.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:38 PM
    I was just letting you know how it works since obviously you didn't know. What was being said did not make sense. That's all.

Posted via CB10
    Ok hehehe

btw, I just purchased the custom pin for $1.99 ;p let's have fun for 1 month with pin under my Name ;p and showing off with my picture profile's blue ribbon LOL
    03-02-15 05:49 PM
    Ok hehehe

btw, I just purchased the custom pin for $1.99 ;p let's have fun for 1 month with pin under my Name ;p and showing off with my picture profile's blue ribbon LOL
    OK. I didn't think you would purchase it since you previously stated so. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 06:08 PM
    Just to try new thing

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 06:34 PM
31 12