I have searched the forums as best I can but am not able to find the answer to this question. I never used BBM on my 9860 but now that I am using it on my Z10 I am trying to set up my old Torch for my daughter to use BBM but unlike my Z10 I can not find a way to set a custom contact alert or notification on the 9860. I have found the general BBM custom notices but there does not seem to be a way to set it to recognize the custom "message" alert on the contacts. Is it even possible on BBOS 7 ? Any help would be appreciated.
    03-30-14 11:58 PM
    What are the instructions from your carrier?

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F
    03-31-14 12:35 AM
    It's not something the carrier would be supporting. As I have discovered in the past custom contact notices are a pain to pin down on the older devices, but CrackBerry has always had the answers one way or another. BB for whatever reason is all over the board with this type of notice. I run a 10.2.1 leak on my Z10 just to have these and I discovered that they don't exactly work right yet either. You can't set them all in the contact is you restored, but rather you have to do it through the notifications settings. Now that I am way off the original topic..lol...I am still hunting for the answer for the OP.
    03-31-14 12:41 AM
    Not sure on the 9860 but on 9810
    Go to Contacts, select the contact you want, push Track Pad
    With the BB key Select "Edit"
    Scroll down to "Custom Ring Tones/Alerts"
    Continue down to "Messages"
    Push Track Pad
    Notiifier Tone will be highlighted, push Track Pad to select a new notifier, Save and Exit

Hope this helps
    03-31-14 12:51 AM
    Not sure on the 9860 but on 9810
    Go to Contacts, select the contact you want, push Track Pad
    With the BB key Select "Edit"
    Scroll down to "Custom Ring Tones/Alerts"
    Continue down to "Messages"
    Push Track Pad
    Notiifier Tone will be highlighted, push Track Pad to select a new notifier, Save and Exit

Hope this helps
    That works for Text messages but it doesn't seem to affect BBM's notices. They both run BBOS 7 so they should work the same. Does your's work for BBM? I may have to hunt for a missed setting in the general notifications.
    03-31-14 12:59 AM
    Upgrade to bb10 and ditch that fossil.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 08:50 PM
    OP you will have to get Bebuzz for OS7. It's not in the profile options.
    03-31-14 09:25 PM
    Upgrade to bb10 and ditch that fossil.

Posted via CB10
    My wife and I both have Z10s and when a better model comes out I will upgrade and give my daughter the hand me don Z10. As for fossil, it's not that old it just wasn't kept in the market long because the Z10 is a better full screen for the most part, but if my Z10 goes down I am more than happy to swap in MY Torch as needed, it's a great device. I however am not giving a 14 y/o the latest greatest since she is harder on them than my wife...lol.
    04-01-14 01:05 AM
    OP you will have to get Bebuzz for OS7. It's not in the profile options.
    That's what I figured. I have BeBuzz but you need BeBuzz Pro for the BBM access, so for now I am using a unique ringtone for her BBM since my wife and I are the only ones on it. It does however recognize the LED ID for us so she knows which one of us is messaging that way. Which is good if she has it silenced. Thanks again for the input.
    04-01-14 01:07 AM