BBM going cross platform is HUGE and I for one can't wait to get using it. When Thorston announced that we would be seeing BBM across Android and iOS this summer I got very excited and have been trying to find out every piece of information that I can find but there are a couple of major holes in the information available.

First off is the launch date, they stated that it will come this summer which if we want to get specific would be June 21 - Sept 22 so I guess we are still earlyish in the season but at this point it would be nice to have at least an update on how things are progressing. I would love to see at least a more refined range of dates for the release, a specific date may be asking too much but at least give us an indication as to which month they expect to see this launch publicly. I assume that they want to be vague so that people don't get upset about a missed launch date but it would be nice to get some sort of update on the timeline. A little bit of transparency would be nice, even if they do not hit a specific target date. BlackBerry does need to take the time to make BBM an amazing experience and would be forgiven for not making a specific date I am sure.

Another thing that I have been wondering about is if there will be some sort of beta program. BlackBerry seems to put out beta versions of their products through the beta zone and I was thinking that if any app would require a solid beta test this would be it. In order for the cross-platform strategy to work the apps need to be a great experience from the start. I am guessing that there would be, and internally I would guess they are already testing it out if it is coming this summer. (Note: if there is a beta program that I am unaware of I would love to be a part of it )

As someone who has been hoping for BBM to go cross platform for many years I guess I am just getting impatient as we get through this last stretch. Really all I want is some more information so that I can stop being so impatient. I guess I will just have to keep it locked on CrackBerry for more information in the meantime.

Is anyone else as impatient as me?
    07-17-13 02:42 PM
    No i'm not impatient cause I have BBM already!
    And don't hold your breath. It's gonna be a long time coming and I will believe it when I see it. Unfortunately thats how things work.

Timeline? BBRY don't need no stinkin timeline.
    brent86 likes this.
    07-17-13 02:47 PM
    No i'm not impatient cause I have BBM already!
    And don't hold your breath. It's gonna be a long time coming and I will believe it when I see it. Unfortunately thats how things work.

Timeline? BBRY don't need no stinkin timeline.
    But, would you not rather have alot more contacts on BBM. I have literally less than 20 friends on BBM due to people "upgrading" their phones.... I personally can't wait till everyone gets BBM!
    07-22-13 11:36 PM
    BlackBerry and dates set in stone never went together really well.

douevenCB10?
    07-22-13 11:39 PM
    That is unfortunately very true. The right thing for them to have done would be to hold off on the announcement until the app was ready. I guess the way they did it prevents leaking the big news to the public, but at the rate we are going its going to be 4 months after announcing it that we will actually be using BBM.
    anon(823957) likes this.
    07-23-13 10:00 AM
    That is unfortunately very true. The right thing for them to have done would be to hold off on the announcement until the app was ready. I guess the way they did it prevents leaking the big news to the public, but at the rate we are going its going to be 4 months after announcing it that we will actually be using BBM.
    That's what I liked about Instagram's video update. Announced it in the morning, app was available in the afternoon for download.
    brent86 likes this.
    07-23-13 11:25 AM