09-21-13 07:38 PM
    Finally something from these guys about the epic fail of a launch

Posted via CB10
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    09-21-13 07:39 PM
    So it was our fault! Who would've thought...
    09-21-13 07:41 PM
    yup lol the leaked file caused problems, well hope that doesnt happen again! hopefully by tomorrow it will be ready again!
    09-21-13 07:42 PM
    So... just to be clear, it wasn't Google? Apple didn't pay to sabotage the Android launch?

No conspiracy? How anti-climactic.
    09-21-13 07:46 PM
    So... just to be clear, it wasn't Google? Apple didn't pay to sabotage the Android launch?

Was our fault lol all who used and spread the leaked file

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence and junior2you like this.
    09-21-13 07:48 PM
    It's almost like they're screwing everything up on purpose, I mean really, can't they get anything right? Twitter went crazy all day with people all over the world looking for it; I can only imagine the press reaction tomorrow. What a terrible waste of an opportunity, most twitter comments are now turning negative against BlackBerry.

I just hope they can get everything fixed before Monday.

Posted via CB10
    R_from_Toronto likes this.
    09-21-13 07:49 PM
    Not only a blow against BBM,but a blow against leaks as well, since they did this to us.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    09-21-13 07:49 PM
    It's almost like they're screwing everything up on purpose, I mean really, can't they get anything right? Twitter went crazy all day with people all over the world looking for it; I can only imagine the press reaction tomorrow. What a terrible waste of an opportunity, most twitter comments are now turning negative against BlackBerry.

I just hope they can get everything fixed before Monday.

Posted via CB10
    The servers broke because a million people used a buggy leaked version of the software that was never intended to be released.

How is that Blackberry's fault?

09-21-13 07:50 PM
    The servers broke because a million people used a buggy leaked version of the software that was never intended to be released.

+1

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 07:51 PM
    Yes, all your fault. Not their fault.

Look....mistakes happen....it just seems to happen to BB an inordinate amount. If this is true - and I don't really trust a thing they say anymore, the thing is, this is still their responsibility, and it wasn't exactly unforeseeable. It's not like the leak was a secret now was it?

Oh wells....such is life. Another stuttering start is pretty bad but sadly, not unexpected. Overall, it won't affect the long-term outlook for BBM (if this is the only major bug/problem), though it is foreboding.
    techvisor, JeepBB, Donvald and 2 others like this.
    09-21-13 07:52 PM
    like I said in another thread, they should blacklist all the devices that installed the leak.
    laketrout73 and John Pawling like this.
    09-21-13 07:53 PM
    Hmm. I don't like the tone of that blog post.

"Teams working round the clock to bring you BBM for Android and iphone, but only when it's ready..."
    "Pausing worldwide rollout"
    "Go to bbm.com to register for updates on official availability"
    "As soon as we are able....staggered roll-out by country for android and continue roll-out for iPhone"
    "Register and sign up for updates"

That doesn't sound at all like it's going to be released tomorrow. I'm thinking a week or more.

I get the impression there are more fundamental issues going on. If it was just an issue with the Android release, why have they stopped the iPhone release too?

Oh BlackBerry. Can't you please just get something right. Please.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 07:53 PM
    like I said in another thread, they should blacklist all the devices that installed the leak.
    You do know that if they do this, they will close out about 1.1 million potential user huh? And that's only the Android side

Posted via CB10
    drewread likes this.
    09-21-13 07:54 PM
    12 hours later and only when some Samsung countries start giving the explanations, BlackBerry was unable to officially give. Finally, congratulations. It feels good to be informed.

This time they are not making deadline promises anymore.

Software in other platforms is an unfamiliar territory for BlackBerry.

They are learning it the hard way at the cost of their customers trust. A high price to pay.

But that was the road they decided to take.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-21-13 07:55 PM
    Hmm. I don't like the tone of that blog post.

"Teams working round the clock to bring you BBM for Android and iphone, but only when it's ready..."
    "Pausing worldwide rollout"
    "Go to bbm.com to register for updates on official availability"
    "As soon as we are able....staggered roll-out by country for android and continue roll-out for iPhone"
    "Register and sign up for updates"

That doesn't sound at all like it's going to be released tomorrow. I'm thinking a week or more.

I get the impression there are more fundamental issues going on. If it was just an issue with the Android release, why have they stopped the iPhone release too?

Oh BlackBerry. Can't you please just get something right. Please.

Posted via CB10
    agreed
    Donvald likes this.
    09-21-13 07:56 PM

i dont know about that

(just kidding)
    Tre Lawrence and techvisor like this.
    09-21-13 07:56 PM
    Hoenstly they can block the use of the "leaked copy" and it would solved their issues. They blocked it last night and did several times throughout the day. Its their fault for not just keeping it blocked as of last night when they first shut it down.
    eldricho, R_from_Toronto and t80u like this.
    09-21-13 07:57 PM
    They were rolling it out bits by bits in order to manage the servers accordingly, the leaked file caused massive loads ans unexpected at that, on the server, thats all
    Just give them time and it will be fixed

Posted via CB10
    eldricho, gfondeur and bungaboy like this.
    09-21-13 07:57 PM
    The issue for me at least, is that they needed to wait this long to provide an update on the issue
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    09-21-13 07:59 PM
    Yes, all your fault. Not their fault.

Look....mistakes happen....it just seems to happen to BB an inordinate amount. If this is true - and I don't really trust a thing they say anymore, the thing is, this is still their responsibility, and it wasn't exactly unforeseeable. It's not like the leak was a secret now was it?

Oh wells....such is life. Another stuttering start is pretty bad but sadly, not unexpected. Overall, it won't affect the long-term outlook for BBM (if this is the only major bug/problem), though it is foreboding.
    You know... I have been fairly reticent about management's ability. I have long held the idea that some things (like the mobile lanscape post 2011) are way beyond their control by the time they made changes.

But this? This is just a testament to ineptitude.
    09-21-13 08:01 PM
    i dont know about that

(just kidding)

You're okay with me...
    09-21-13 08:03 PM
    Just slap up a "soon" on bbm.com. That should be their new slogan. Keep moving is to other platforms.

While blackberry fudges up another launch, at this point nothing is a surprise anymore.

Clearly they have bigger issues that they are skirting around with a half arsed reason.
    JeepBB and richardat like this.
    09-21-13 08:04 PM
    They were rolling it out bits by bits in order to manage the servers accordingly, the leaked file caused massive loads ans unexpected at that, on the server, thats all
    Just give them time and it will be fixed

Posted via CB10
    BS...it was set to launch at 7 am on android before anyone on iOS got it. the server would have been slammed TONS harder if it actually had hit the play store on time.
    09-21-13 08:04 PM

Who created the app in question that had the ability to bring the entire system to it's knees? Knowing it's capabilities, you would also think they would be very cautious with who has it and where it is used.

Another note, if this version is different then the intended release then the build number should be different. BBM's servers should be perfectly capable of detecting a client's version and not allowing access, I mean how did they block the same APK previously and it magically started working again today?

Sorry, they're not fessing up to it and IMHO they're not being 100% forthright with their response.
    09-21-13 08:06 PM
247 123 ...