One thing I thought about when BBM was first announced to have video chat was that I hoped that Skype would be integrated into BBM as well. What I mean is that BBM would be the go to place for all video calling no matter if your calling them by Skype or by BBM video.

One thing i see going forward with all this cross platform talk is that all the platforms whether it be BBM, Skype, imessage or Google's new messenger platform is that all of them will be able to connect with any other platform via text, picture, video, or voice. The only thing different between them will be the user interface and some features that would be integrated within each platform individually. It would then be up to the customer to choose which interface they like the most. At least that's what I hope for.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 06:17 PM
    Unfortunately this won't be happening... if I understand what you're saying...

Like being able to text someone through BBM on Android and have them receive it through Hangouts on iOS?? Definitely won't happen. In this next wave of messaging apps, every company is working on their own standard to make it dominant. While this would be absolutely amazing for us as consumers, it makes no sense for the companies to try and support everyone's platform.
    05-21-13 06:45 PM
    I think it's a great move and I will be the first one to get it for IOS when it's released this summer.
    05-21-13 07:11 PM
    Well, I think bbm can make their own skype network.

Thank you and Welcome
    05-21-13 08:38 PM
    Is BBM the next Skype?
    Is BBM the next Whatsapp?
    Are they both dead now?
    I think it's somewhere in the middle but Apple will probably buy out Whatsapp to compete.

Only time will tell...
    05-22-13 12:41 AM