A buddy of mine who finally downloaded BBM for his Windows phone, is reporting that his phone started crashing after he downloaded the app.

Have any other Windows phone users experienced this?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 02:30 PM
    Isn't it still in beta... meaning they are testing it?

If it were me and I was wanting to get a few friends to try BBM when it is released.... I'd wait and see how it's received and if all the bugs have been worked out. I know that with BBM for Android and iOS I (BlackBerry) burned a few bridges back in November when they released something that was really ready to be released. I understand the experience has improved greatly now, but that doesn't mean those people are going to try it again.

So before getting your friends to try it... make sure it works!
    08-01-14 02:44 PM
    A buddy of mine who finally downloaded BBM for his Windows phone, is reporting that his phone started crashing after he downloaded the app.

Have any other Windows phone users experienced this?

Posted via CB10
    Hasn't happened to me when using either the Private or the recently released Public versions. Is he using the WP8.1 DP and if so did he factory reset it after updating?
    08-01-14 02:54 PM
    The first one of my WP/BBM friends apparently ran into a fake - like the many fakes that appeared in the Play Store right after BBM went Android.
    While I was not with him, I told him to download BBM from the Windows app store. Just a minute later he came back to me telling that he had to purchase BBM (should be free!), and that it made his phone crash after launching it.
    I suspected a fake and sent him the link to the official version. He downloaded, installed, we connected, and have been chatting since then, without a problem.
    Maybe there are fakes floating around? I don't know how strict MSFT is in monitoring uploads to their app store.
    08-01-14 02:56 PM
    ...blue screen of death?...lol

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    08-01-14 02:58 PM
    ...blue screen of death?...lol

Posted via CB10
    Windows Phone is extremely stable, there are pictures online of Windows Phones that have had the BSOD but those are usually from people who have been trying to hack the OS. Being based on the NT kernel it's not surprising that the BSOD would exist in Windows Phone.
    08-01-14 03:24 PM
    [QUOTE=scalemaster34;10667734]Isn't it still in beta... meaning they are testing it?

If it were me and I was wanting to get a few friends to try BBM when it is released.... I'd wait and see how it's received and if all the bugs have been worked out. I know that with BBM for Android and iOS I (BlackBerry) burned a few bridges back in November when they released something that was really ready to be released. I understand the experience has improved greatly now, but that doesn't mean those people are going to try it again.

So before getting your friends to try it... make sure it works![/QUOTE

I agree, only I didn't ask him to download it. He did it on his own.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 03:41 PM
    BBM for Windows phone is no longer in Beta. Check the main Crackberry page for the thread. It was released yesterday.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...201751870.html

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 03:43 PM
    BBM for Windows phone is no longer in Beta. Check the main Crackberry page for the thread. It was released yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    Yet it's still listed as BBM Beta!!
    08-01-14 04:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's actually a public Beta release. But it is still a Beta version.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 06:17 PM
    I'd really like to know what kind of glitches Windows users are experiencing with BBM. Apparently the crashing is the only thing my friend is experiencing. Messages are going out and coming in a little slower than I'm used to when I communicate with Android users and other BlackBerry users but he seems to think it's about as fast as his WhatsApp messages. I guess BBM is generally faster than WhatsApp. Haven't used WhatsApp in a while and no I'm used to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 06:20 PM
    Is there glimpse on the Windows phone version?

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    08-02-14 01:46 AM
    My friend downloaded it and it gets stuck on setup?

Thoughts?

He's running it on WP 8

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 09:13 PM
    It does seem to be crashing for me quite often on the 8.1 preview. I open it and it start to load then just closes.
    08-02-14 09:45 PM
    Hasn't happened to me when using either the Private or the recently released Public versions. Is he using the WP8.1 DP and if so did he factory reset it after updating?
    Yes he's using 8.1 developers mode cause 8.1 has not been released on A T&T.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 07:05 PM
    It does seem to be crashing for me quite often on the 8.1 preview. I open it and it start to load then just closes.
    Thank you for your reply, my friend has 8.1 also, it's not the official version cause AT&T hasn't released it yet. And yes he complains of the same. It crashes.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 07:07 PM
    I have downloaded bbm on my daughters windows phone and it has crashed.

Damn bugs!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 04:00 PM