Let's forget about individual consumers for a moment. Your post still begs the question: What benefit(s) does BBMe offer Enterprise customers that they cannot get elsewhere for less? Put another way, why would an Enterprise customer choose to go with BBMe over the competition?

Posted via CB10
    BBMe has a set of features that can't all be found with any other service, though many services offer some of them.

Privacy: no need to share phone numbers to connect

Secure chat with external users; cross organizational contact lookup with trusted partners

Confirmation when messages are sent, received and read.

Synchronization across all devices with the same account

Group Chats, voice, video and file sharing

Edit, retract, set expiration times on individual messages

I use and like Signal, Slack, MS Teams and Google Hangouts Chat. None of them offer identical features.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    BBHermes and anon(10218918) like this.
    04-20-19 02:15 PM
    Let's forget about individual consumers for a moment. Your post still begs the question: What benefit(s) does BBMe offer Enterprise customers that they cannot get elsewhere for less? Put another way, why would an Enterprise customer choose to go with BBMe over the competition?

Posted via CB10
    That's an important question. It is certainly the most expensive messaging service available for enterprise.

However BB promotes the fact that BBMe is compliant with the HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ) and chats can be archived for auditing to ensure financial or government record keeping compliance.

They also promote that its FIPS 140-2 certified, which means it's certified for US and Canadian government use. Now, some might argue a NIST approved crypto may not be ideal (potential NSA backdoors is the typical argument but not proven), but this product is intended for government use anyway.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but other chat apps (Signal, Threema, Telegram, Whatsapp) don't have those rubber stamps of approval, so when a large corporation is looking for a messaging service, I'd imagine it will lean towards one with industry approvals.
    BBHermes likes this.
    04-20-19 02:18 PM
    That's an important question. It is certainly the most expensive messaging service available for enterprise.

However BB promotes the fact that BBMe is compliant with the HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ) and chats can be archived for auditing to ensure financial or government record keeping compliance.

They also promote that its FIPS 140-2 certified, which means it's certified for US and Canadian government use. Now, some might argue a NIST approved crypto may not be ideal (potential NSA backdoors is the typical argument but not proven), but this product is intended for government use anyway.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but other chat apps (Ssignal, Threema, Telegram, Whatsapp) don't have those rubber stamps of approval, so when a large corporation is looking for a messaging service, I'd imagine it will lean towards one with industry approvals.
    I would add that, with the addition of Cylance technology, security monitoring available for BBMe might be head and shoulders above the other services mentioned.

anon(10218918) likes this.
    04-20-19 02:24 PM
    Are Signal or Threema even meant to be enterprise apps? I don’t know a lot about them.
    04-20-19 02:26 PM
    BBMe has a set of features that can't all be found with any other service, though many services offer some of them.

Privacy: no need to share phone numbers to connect

Secure chat with external users; cross organizational contact lookup with trusted partners

Confirmation when messages are sent, received and read.

Synchronization across all devices with the same account

Group Chats, voice, video and file sharing

Edit, retract, set expiration times on individual messages

I use and like Signal, Slack, MS Teams and Google Hangouts Chat. None of them offer identical features.

Finally, a succinct, comprehensive answer to the question I asked in the other thread on "The BBMe Experience". Will poach your answer above.

Posted via CB10
    Hazo likes this.
    04-20-19 02:32 PM
    Are Signal or Threema even meant to be enterprise apps? I don’t know a lot about them.
    Signal couldn't become a commercial product easily. It's organized as a simple, secure and private messaging app. I don't think it's data model supports any organization beyond individual users.

04-20-19 02:32 PM
    Threema offers Threema Work with 2 pricing plans. It includes a management portal for a company's users.

https://work.threema.ch/en
    04-20-19 02:54 PM
    Telegram has some connections with Russia and it said they provide data and that all talk about blocking is propagande from Russia to show people all must use Telegram. Also since summer 2018 they share personal data with the Kremlin but not everything. That is why they gone kill telegram in 2019 is the believe.

IF you wanted to go for a secure app go for BBMe or Threema, Signal seems a good choice and they only track some minor things like location, last use but it seems thirth parties are allowed to use signal source and that means other could track data.
    Last edited by whatsever; 04-20-19 at 07:49 PM.
    04-20-19 07:18 PM
    Thank you, does it email the whole chat?
    04-20-19 08:53 PM
    Switched to Line.
    04-21-19 12:50 AM
    Telegrams is Putin's Whatsapp
    valer466 likes this.
    04-21-19 02:32 AM
    Here is a link to NordVPN list of its top rated messaging apps: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=puF5-7p6
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 04-21-19 at 06:21 AM.
    04-21-19 05:58 AM
    Telegram has some connections with Russia and it said they provide data and that all talk about blocking is propagande from Russia to show people all must use Telegram. Also since summer 2018 they share personal data with the Kremlin but not everything. That is why they gone kill telegram in 2019 is the believe.

IF you wanted to go for a secure app go for BBMe or Threema, Signal seems a good choice and they only track some minor things like location, last use but it seems thirth parties are allowed to use signal source and that means other could track data.
    The only connection is the CEO is Russian, and he no longer lives in Russia. According to their site, the dev team is currently based in Dubai.

While Roskomnadzor (Telecom Watchdog) has attempted to block Telegram servers, they have been largely unsuccessful. Telegram publicly refuses to move their data centers to Russia as per the current laws of data retention for Russian citizens, and they publicly refuse to hand over user data, although they technically could provide the cloud based un-encrypted chats and potentially any meta data and user numbers.

This is why E2E encryption is so important, in addition to a service which is private by design. It's hard for a company to provide data to anyone if they don't have it in the first place.

This is why I prefer Threema.
    RWIndiana likes this.
    04-21-19 09:46 AM
    By the way, Threema has registered with Roskomnadzor

https://advox.globalvoices.org/2017/...eral-registry/
    04-21-19 09:53 AM
    https://www.securemessagingapps.com/

Take it for what's its worth - last update was a year ago for Telegram
    04-21-19 10:05 AM
    Trying Signal.
    04-21-19 03:01 PM
    You can email a chat.
    I can only email about 2 months worth of chat. How do I either email or copy a longer chat? I'm afraid to switch in case I lose the chat dialog. I unfortunately didn't know there was a limit to what could be emailed.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-19 12:25 AM
    I strongly believe offering BBMe is simply a gesture to save face. I don't think they either want, or believe people will switch over in any meaningful numbers.
    You may be right, but the fact that BBMe is geared to business tells me that BB will continue to pour money into it. If, as a consumer, it only costs me less than $10 per year for all the features....text, audio, video, PIN, retract, privacy (no personal info shared), etc... then I will gladly pay it.
    I have looked at all the popular messaging apps, and have yet to find one that incorporates ALL the base features listed above....for free. If you're not paying for the product, you ARE the product. Let's not forget that.
    04-22-19 05:53 AM
    You may be right, but the fact that BBMe is geared to business tells me that BB will continue to pour money into it. If, as a consumer, it only costs me less than $10 per year for all the features....text, audio, video, PIN, retract, privacy (no personal info shared), etc... then I will gladly pay it.
    I have looked at all the popular messaging apps, and have yet to find one that incorporates ALL the base features listed above....for free. If you're not paying for the product, you ARE the product. Let's not forget that.
    Going forward and with 1 year Free it's a good deal. price / features / security.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    04-22-19 09:15 AM
    Going forward and with 1 year Free it's a good deal. price / features / security.
    It's actually not exactly one year free.
    From the email that anyone subscribing to BBMe got:

"You have signed up for a free trial subscription from BlackBerry Limited on Google Play. Your trial will end on [a year from date of subscribing]. You will be automatically charged the subscription cost (currently $3.49/ 6 months) at the end of your trial unless you cancel."

What's that "currently" doing in there? Are they going to raise the cost?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-19 09:31 AM
    It's actually not exactly one year free.
    From the email that anyone subscribing to BBMe got:

"You have signed up for a free trial subscription from BlackBerry Limited on Google Play. Your trial will end on [a year from date of subscribing]. You will be automatically charged the subscription cost (currently $3.49/ 6 months) at the end of your trial unless you cancel."

What's that "currently" doing in there? Are they going to raise the cost?

Posted via CB10
    It is 1 year FREE trial from when you activate. In my case come April 2020 I will decide next step. So far liking what I see and now using BBMe desktop which is very good!
    Last edited by Rico4you; 04-22-19 at 11:38 AM.
    anon(10218918) and Hazo like this.
    04-22-19 09:43 AM
    It is 1 year FREE trial from when you activate. In my case come April 2020 I will decide next step. Si far liking what I see and now using BBMe desktop which is very good!
    Right, I was just pointing out that once the year is over, you will be charged for the past year and also for the next 6 months unless you cancel. So not exactly free.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-19 11:33 AM
    Once FREE first 12 months are over you get charged 2.79€ / the following 6 moths. (Not for any thing in the past) This is exactly from My subscriptions in Google Play Store. Thereafter every 6 month period a new charge. Yes first 12 months are FREE.
    04-22-19 11:49 AM
    AFAIK there isn't another one that does NOT require phone number. Maybe I will be corrected?

or maybe there are: Telegram does NOT share your # but does require you to do an initial sign-in for verification and your number remains private.
    I quickly went through the whole thread, but didn't see much of a resolution.

Did we ever decide what other messaging platforms do not need a phone number? For me, I like this idea because I can have multiple accounts, for phones that I use for WIFI only.

I only know of Kik and Skype that do not need phone numbers.

Otherwise, the other messaging programs I've been considering to migrate my family for our group chats are:
    WhatsApp
    Signal
    Telegram

I don't know much about Threema, Allo, Hangouts, and not all my family has Facebook, so no Messenger (not a big fan of it anyway).
    04-22-19 12:11 PM
    Once FREE first 12 months are over you get charged 2.79€ / the following 6 moths. (Not for any thing in the past) This is exactly from My subscriptions in Google Play Store. Thereafter every 6 month period a new charge. Yes first 12 months are FREE.
    Nice to know. I'm probably just misunderstanding the email I got then.

Posted via CB10
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-22-19 12:15 PM
186 ... 45678