Have you noticed (like I have) that BBM most noticeable "malfunction" seems to be the inconsistencies in which the notification works?
    Sometimes it does, sometimes it won't. Maybe the app needs to be opened, hey but his didn't have a problem...blah...blah...blah....

MY CONSPIRACY THEORY ON THIS:

The Master Plan:
    BBRY is out to flood the mobile market with BBM for iOS and Android (and soon Windows Phone I Think...). Once the market absorbs and familiarize itself with the app and duly become addicted to it (mostly because their die-hard friends insist on using BBRY), they will also discover the uncomfortable randoms quirks such as this thing with notifications.
    Now, when it comes to people being addicted to something, they will ALWAYS find a way to get their fix. In this instance getting the best experience from BBM.
    And once people understand that no matter how many times they reinstall or upgrade the app on their platform, it will become OH SO OBVIOUS that the only way they will have the best experience is TO BUY A BLACKBERRY HANDSET.
    And Voila, within 12 to 18 month onwards, sales of BBRY devices will have picked up. For those that can't afford the high prices of the BB10, there is the legacy 9720, and if they are willing to dish out a little more there is the upcoming (rumoured) Z3.

Hey, it's the best of both world. Non BBRY users get a taste of the best messaging app out there and in the long run, BBRY gets a taste of the increased sales figures in the months ahead.

Good Work BBRY !....I'm sticking with my legacy devices. Still THE BEST for messaging.
    02-17-14 06:23 PM
    Thing is, BlackBerry can't afford to risk this
    People have shown that they can still miss BBM with replacements, even if they have to use multiple apps. It's something they have done for the last 3 years already.
    BlackBerry doesn't have much to risk to try and perform something like this, they need to win the trust and confidence of their users back, this time their BBM users

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:30 PM
    Or they now realize there are WAY more iOS/Android users than BlackBerry and need BBM Channels to be used by as many people as possible so companies pay to advertise the platform.
    02-17-14 06:34 PM
    Have you noticed (like I have) that BBM most noticeable "malfunction" seems to be the inconsistencies in which the notification works?
    Sometimes it does, sometimes it won't. Maybe the app needs to be opened, hey but his didn't have a problem...blah...blah...blah....

The Master Plan:
    BBRY is out to flood the mobile market with BBM for iOS and Android (and soon Windows Phone I Think...). Once the market absorbs and familiarize itself with the app and duly become addicted to it (mostly because their die-hard friends insist on using BBRY), they will also discover the uncomfortable randoms quirks such as this thing with notifications.
    Now, when it comes to people being addicted to something, they will ALWAYS find a way to get their fix. In this instance getting the best experience from BBM.
    And once people understand that no matter how many times they reinstall or upgrade the app on their platform, it will become OH SO OBVIOUS that the only way they will have the best experience is TO BUY A BLACKBERRY HANDSET.
    And Voila, within 12 to 18 month onwards, sales of BBRY devices will have picked up. For those that can't afford the high prices of the BB10, there is the legacy 9720, and if they are willing to dish out a little more there is the upcoming (rumoured) Z3.

Hey, it's the best of both world. Non BBRY users get a taste of the best messaging app out there and in the long run, BBRY gets a taste of the increased sales figures in the months ahead.

Good Work BBRY !....I'm sticking with my legacy devices. Still THE BEST for messaging.
    Yay! You spelled "rumoured" correctly. :-D

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip though...
    02-17-14 07:09 PM

The Master Plan:

OR.... they quit using BBM, don't get addicted and continue with WhatsApp, iMessage etc. and keep their current phone which is already paid for (or subsidized) .
    04-26-14 10:37 PM
    Lol. Good one. Obviously not going to happen.

My guess is BBM for iOS and Android were put on separate and inferior back end architecture from native BlackBerry BBM clients. Less reliable. Slower. Etc.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    04-26-14 10:41 PM
    U hope for BBM 3.0 they conform the app to the respective OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 11:02 PM
    U hope for BBM 3.0 they conform the app to the respective OS.

Posted via CB10
    That would suck, my friends for example love cascades and the way BBM looks now, maybe a very little change to match the OS but not a complete change.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 02:13 PM
    I would love to believe this but there are other IMs that even i would say is better than BBM cross platform.

We chat, Line, Kakao talk and telegram to mention a few.

They cant risk it this way.
    04-29-14 02:29 AM