We're not whining.

It's just that BBM comes up with features too little too late and only to bring it at par with its competitors, instead of adding more value - like the 16 MB file sharing option.

It's hard to convince a Whatsappist (wut?!) to make BBM their preferred platform for IM.
    06-16-14 03:43 PM
    Should BBM bring as many features as their competitors have? Yes.
    Does stuff like customised wallpapers and stickers count as "features"? No. They are just fluff, window dressing.

Come one. Stuff like video calling xplatform, reliable service, improving group chats, better image sharing, improving Channels. That is what they should be focusing on. People just distract and confuse the persons in charge by asking for, or complaining about fluff-features all the time.

Wallpapers and stickers might be a nice way for BBM to become financially stable. They are not worth complaining about. And they certainly do not improve your chatting effiency, at most just the experience.

Please complain more about actual features lacking polish, instead of things like this.

(FYI, for all I know or care they will eventually charge $1.99 for the ability to use your own custom wallpaper. If people really truly need that setting, that would be a steal.)

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-16-14 03:58 PM
    We're not whining.

It's just that BBM comes up with features too little too late and only to bring it at par with its competitors, instead of adding more value - like the 16 MB file sharing option.

It's hard to convince a Whatsappist (wut?!) to make BBM their preferred platform for IM.
    You can't be serious. Your so called "Whatsappist" will not switch to BBM because of wallpaper? You should be able to come up with better reason than that.
    Dave Bourque and CerveloJohn like this.
    06-16-14 04:32 PM
    You can't be serious. Your so called "Whatsappist" will not switch to BBM because of wallpaper? You should be able to come up with better reason than that.
    Noo, was speaking generally.
    MrGlenn's perspective makes sense, but the majority are not aware of such differences.
    06-16-14 05:50 PM
    Why are people not taking this seriously? Wallpapers chats are awesome but BlackBerry didn't fully implement it, and they need to work more on visual stuff like change the bubbles size and stuff like that.

Sure, they need more " features " but these visual stuff are good and actually helps in people switching.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    06-17-14 04:49 PM
    I personally am unconcerned about backgrounds in chats but to each their own I guess
    06-18-14 11:35 PM
    Why are people not taking this seriously? Wallpapers chats are awesome but BlackBerry didn't fully implement it, and they need to work more on visual stuff like change the bubbles size and stuff like that.

Sure, they need more " features " but these visual stuff are good and actually helps in people switching.

Posted via CB10
    Because functionality was always a preference with BlackBerry users. We want more function. Including video chat and screen share via cross platform.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-18-14 11:36 PM
    Not all that impressive I must agree, but this is surely the beginning. It would be a neat idea for them to implement different speech display options too, I'd like transparent speech bubbles with fully customisable wallpapers.

.2141 what's the difference? .1925 still the bangingest til I know any different.
    06-18-14 11:54 PM
    Because functionality was always a preference with BlackBerry users. We want more function. Including video chat and screen share via cross platform.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    I agree with you but I'm only trying to reflect what the community around me says, my friend who loved BBM on BBOS moved to a Samsung when she heard about BBM cross-platform, after she saw it, she said she will use Whatsapp now because it shows more words in the screen or in other words more of the chat than BBM does because of how big the BBM bubbles are and another friend said the same, one other said it's really hard to type with no landscape available.

Sure I would love BBM video but also visuals are important .

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    06-19-14 07:49 AM
    I'm using default wallpaper (if that should be called wallpaper. LOL).

Getting multiple person chats rendered unreadable with bright wallpaper.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-19-14 08:06 AM
    BlackBerry should think, that copying the features of others apps is not enough.....with less capabilities.... not useful feature...and doesn't give the feel of chatting, only disappointment...

@dazlr
    06-19-14 10:41 AM
    They should have just let everyone choose their own image from their image library, or better yet, integrated mock it.

That would have been nice
    06-19-14 10:45 AM
    I actually kinda like them. I'm sporting the blue one!
    06-19-14 10:49 AM
    I actually kinda like them. I'm sporting the blue one!
    Yea the blue fits well

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-19-14 10:55 AM
    I also thought it's lame to not be able to choose your own. Then I realized the entire chat room is filled with chat bubbles, reducing the amount that you can actually see.

I find that it'd be awesome if we can choose our own, maybe to complete the look that we get with our own wallpaper on homescreen, but IMO this is a nice start

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-20-14 12:37 AM
    I also thought it's lame to not be able to choose your own. Then I realized the entire chat room is filled with chat bubbles, reducing the amount that you can actually see.

I find that it'd be awesome if we can choose our own, maybe to complete the look that we get with our own wallpaper on homescreen, but IMO this is a nice start

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    Exactly, the bubbles are way too big.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 07:05 AM
    Exactly, the bubbles are way too big.

Posted via CB10
    I actually don't mind. It allows me to focus on the text and basically makes sure that I will never misread what others are saying due to crowded wallpaper.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-22-14 11:26 PM
42 12