Hello forum, wondering if anyone can help answer or explain what's going on with my BBM Channel Subscribers.
    Basically I have created a channel and it's going quite well over the past couple of weeks and am having lots of subscribers every single day. The problem is, within less than 24 hrs, I have lost over 100 subscribers and it seems to be going down every time I check. Is there a reason why this is happening? I don't mind having people leave but to have so many people gone within a couple of hours is very disturbing. Is there something wrong with Blackberry servers or is this some sort of glitch. Thanks
    07-10-14 11:10 PM
    Interesting. I don't have a ton of viewers, but I noticed visits have dropped dramatically in the time period you mentioned.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    07-10-14 11:13 PM
    Hello forum, wondering if anyone can help answer or explain what's going on with my BBM Channel Subscribers.
    Basically I have created a channel and it's going quite well over the past couple of weeks and am having lots of subscribers every single day. The problem is, within less than 24 hrs, I have lost over 100 subscribers and it seems to be going down every time I check. Is there a reason why this is happening? I don't mind having people leave but to have so many people gone within a couple of hours is very disturbing. Is there something wrong with Blackberry servers or is this some sort of glitch. Thanks
    Hey Routeplanner. I haven't noticed anything? Could you provide your channel pin? Mabey after looking at it, I can give some insight. It's pretty much impossible without seeing your subject matter and such.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    07-10-14 11:14 PM
    Interesting. I don't have a ton of viewers, but I noticed visits have dropped dramatically in the time period you mentioned.

Hey, just joined your Channel. Very cool. Those twin China Towers are unreal.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    07-10-14 11:17 PM
    Channel Pin : C00125D29
    Just went down to 90 subs...so strange
    07-10-14 11:21 PM
    Hey Routeplanner. I haven't noticed anything? Could you provide your channel pin? Mabey after looking at it, I can give some insight. It's pretty much impossible without seeing your subject matter and such.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    07-10-14 11:26 PM
    Hey, just joined your Channel. Very cool. Those twin China Towers are unreal.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Thank you so much! Your input is greatly appreciated. The towers are definitely an eye catcher.

07-10-14 11:33 PM
    It's definitely not use usual for a channel of this nature to drop in subscribers in droves like that. Down to 89

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 11:33 PM
    It's definitely not use usual for a channel of this nature to drop in subscribers in droves like that. Down to 89

Posted via CB10
    Differently unusal... you think there's a glitch or something?
    07-10-14 11:43 PM
    Differently unusal... you think there's a glitch or something?
    OK lol. I just wanted to make sure you had a Channel that kept people's interest. You passed with flying colours.

Unless a bunch of wives are onto their husbands, I can't see any reason to leave your channel. Sorry, what was the highest member count and how long did it take to go down?

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    07-10-14 11:49 PM
    2. Sorry, got it. Just read your original post again. Ya, no reason to go down 100. Just looked at my channel count and it has not gone down. Strange. That has to be some sort of glitch. I joined though.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    07-10-14 11:57 PM
    2. Sorry, got it. Just read your original post again. Ya, no reason to go down 100. Just looked at my channel count and it has not gone down. Strange. That has to be some sort of glitch. I joined though.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Definitely weird
    Joined too :P

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 12:03 AM
    It's not weird. I'll tell you what has happened.

BlackBerry has deemed your channel to be of 18+ content and has permanently changed your subscriber minimum age to that effect. All of the subscribers 'leaving' your channel aren't leaving in their own accord, they were all under 18 and have been blocked from your channel by blackberry.

Hope that clears it up

Visit The CFC Cartel
    07-11-14 12:18 AM
    Definitely weird

Posted via CB10
    Thanks guys really appreciate that but the way it's sinking, I guess we will see what happens within the next 24 hours.
    07-11-14 12:25 AM
    @MaxFresh that makes, sense but if that were so, why wouldn't the underage visitors be gone all at once and not piecemeal?

07-11-14 12:27 AM
    It's a world wide cutoff, it's done gradually. When they release an update for Bbm does everyone get it at the exact same time ? No

Visit The CFC Cartel
    07-11-14 12:39 AM
    It's not weird. I'll tell you what has happened.

BlackBerry has deemed your channel to be of 18+ content and has permanently changed your subscriber minimum age to that effect. All of the subscribers 'leaving' your channel aren't leaving in their own accord, they were all under 18 and have been blocked from your channel by blackberry.

Hope that clears it up

Visit The CFC Cartel
    This sure is interesting, what I don't get though is exactly what @BruvvaPete has said "why not all gone at once instead of piece by piece" and also I don't remember entering my date of birth when I signed up to use BBM services. I have just check all my blackberry profiles and there's no DoB option.
    07-11-14 12:42 AM
    This sure is interesting, what I don't get though is exactly what @BruvvaPete has said "why not all gone at once instead of piece by piece" and also I don't remember entering my date of birth when I signed up to use BBM services. I have just check all my blackberry profiles and there's no DoB option.
    Yes, I don't recall putting my D.O.B in either? Unless there is a team of people policing BBM Channels and they just go by avatar photos. Seems far fetched though. (mabey you were subject to a raid Or possibly Android and Apple users have to input D.O.B's?

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    07-11-14 01:21 AM
    Yes, I don't recall putting my D.O.B in either? Unless there is a team of people policing BBM Channels and they just go by avatar photos. Seems far fetched though. (mabey you were subject to a raid Or possibly Android and Apple users have to input D.O.B's?

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Yes, Android an iOS users have to put in their date of birth, not sure about already existing users that were already on BB10

I think the explanation about 18+ is the best to explain the situation along with the servers updating amd removing the current subscribers on that server at different times

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 02:42 AM
    C00437c10

z10
    07-11-14 08:03 PM
    You could also check on a PC/MAC that your Channel hasn't added some countries to the block list.

Another Channel owner said the same thing about losing Subs. Turns out, that somehow he had 10 or so countries blocked.

GTA 5 News & Info Channel C0042DFE0
    07-11-14 08:09 PM
    I joined a channel today and was asked to enter my DOB. I have a Q10 and joined a wallpaper channel.

Posted via my trusty Q10
    07-13-14 12:11 PM
    Definitely weird

Posted via CB10
    Joined too
    07-13-14 01:53 PM
    You could also check on a PC/MAC that your Channel hasn't added some countries to the block list.

Another Channel owner said the same thing about losing Subs. Turns out, that somehow he had 10 or so countries blocked.

GTA 5 News & Info Channel C0042DFE0
    Looks like blackberry has done a number of work on me. Not only have they set the age range to over 18 years, they have also restricted over 25 countries from accessing my channel .To be honest with you guys, I don't feel like posting any more stuffs on the channel. The least they can do is feature my channel on the home page. Am now down to 66 subscribers
    07-18-14 07:02 PM
    Between reports and this, blackberry is really holding back BBMC, Especially in free market, open societies. Policy is too conservative and too subjective. Why should my Channel and subs have a post deleted, or a whole region blocked because one guy says so?

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    07-26-14 12:55 PM
33 12