I was just browsing through my subscribed channels and I noticed many of the verified and 'big name' channels have stopped posting. Some date back to June while some others seem to have stopped as recently as October. One would hope BlackBerry concentrates more on Channels than bringing more stickers to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 09:48 AM
    I was just browsing through my subscribed channels and I noticed many of the verified and 'big name' channels have stopped posting. Some date back to June while some others seem to have stopped as recently as October. One would hope BlackBerry concentrates more on Channels than bringing more stickers to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    For Channels to work... advertisers need eyeballs. No eyeballs, no reason to budget advertising dollars....

Besides the total number of users and advertiser is going to want other details... how many active users in the markets they want to target. What how active are users... are they browsing and posting Hourly? Daily? Weekly? Or only Monthly?

Like most things BlackBerry, there is a "chicken or the egg" problem with Channels... It needs great content to attract users, and content creators need a lot of users to attract and keep them.

But BBM Stickers.. If they are selling and bring them revenues, I say the more the merrier! I think they aught to include a basic sample pack to get people using them.... that is IF you have any BBM contacts.
    12-29-14 09:59 AM
    Does BlackBerry control channels? I don't think so. I think people who start the channels are in charge of updates....
    12-29-14 09:59 AM
    For Channels to work... advertisers need eyeballs. No eyeballs, no reason to budget advertising dollars....

Besides the total number of users and advertiser is going to want other details... how many active users in the markets they want to target. What how active are users... are they browsing and posting Hourly? Daily? Weekly? Or only Monthly?

Like most things BlackBerry, there is a "chicken or the egg" problem with Channels... It needs great content to attract users, and content creators need a lot of users to attract and keep them.

But BBM Stickers.. If they are selling and bring them revenues, I say the more the merrier! I think they aught to include a basic sample pack to get people using them.... that is IF you have any BBM contacts.
    The content was great when Channels was introduced. Don't get me wrong. I am not against stickers, I love them and use them but long term Channels should be the priority.

Does BlackBerry control channels? I don't think so. I think people who start the channels are in charge of updates....
    I wouldn't agree with this completely. Yes the people who started the channels are in charge but they do need incentives. Those incentives have to come from BlackBerry. They brought on major names to channels but then they have to make sure the interest doesn't die out right?
    12-29-14 10:07 AM
    They brought on major names to channels but then they have to make sure the interest doesn't die out right?
    I still think that is the channel owner's responsibility. If they aren't consistently posting interesting subject matter, it doesn't matter how many times BlackBerry posts it in my time line as a sponsored channel. I won't visit the channel, hence no opportunity for them to showcase any sales to me to purchase anything.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 04:40 PM
    Yeah. True that. I wonder if that will change once BBM money comes out for all regions and somehow they integrate that with the Channels ( at least that's what I had read somewhere a while back). That ways one can subscribe to newsletters from WSJ or something like that and that would mean they post regularly and maybe better content.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 12:46 AM
    But Channels didn't evolve from a "post a picture and short text" into something more interactive like post whole albums, music or grid with media and active commenting.
    baspeed likes this.
    12-30-14 09:20 PM
    But Channels didn't evolve from a "post a picture and short text" into something more interactive like post whole albums, music or grid with media and active commenting.
    Yeah. I was expecting some kinda growth to channels but it seems they have stalled it for now.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 04:23 AM
    Flash in the pan and good luck to BlackBerry at making any money at it.

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-31-14 09:22 AM
    Flash in the pan and good luck to BlackBerry at making any money at it.

Yeah,I think Chen Mentioned Channels were a disappointment in the last ER
    12-31-14 09:34 AM
    There has been like NO update at all to make them any better. Pic, chat, .....thats about it.

I have a channel with 31 subscribers and I think I'm lucky to have that many.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    12-31-14 10:04 AM
    Yeah,I think Chen Mentioned Channels were a disappointment in the last ER
    Oh! That's not good. They themselves are to blame! Of all the IM apps out there you need a distinguishing factor and channels is one of those factors!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 10:39 AM
    12-31-14 11:44 AM