Few days now I am noticing BBM Voice and BBM video option us only available when I am on wifi network. On mobile data network, I cannot see BBM voice/video sign in status bar of my friends who are on BBM 10.3 or BBM 2.0

Is this regular?

P.S. I have checked, option to allow bbm calls on mobile network is ON.

Posted via CB10 on Z10/10.2.1.537
    02-13-14 08:22 PM
    Are they on wi-fi? What are their settings? Start there.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 11:38 PM
    Yes they are in wifi. I am on 3G. They also cannot see my bbm voiced video logo. Allow BBmM calls is ON on both side.

02-13-14 11:55 PM
    Anyone got BBM Voice over mobile network to work on BBOS legacy devices?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 02:43 AM
    Its my underdtanding that BBM voice just uses wifi....I might be wrong.

In any event, with the amount of data a voice call would use, the monthly allowance of the majority would be wiped out before the call ended.
    02-14-14 02:48 AM
    In theory, BBM voice call should work on both Wifi and mobile network, as long as the option is enabled.
    However, I'm seeing issues with legacy BB users, and now also with iOS BBM users.
    Certain legacy BB users only show the phone symbol greyed out in my contacts list, although they have all options enabled, and also while being connected to Wifi. THe only time when I saw the symbol turn green was when the other person and I were logged in to the same Wifi network. I could not resolve nor explain this issue until today.
    Same with 2 of my iOS BBM friends. One just called me through BBM while he was at home and looged in to his Wifi network. Worked fine. The other one who is also logged in under a strong Wifi network, never turned green, since he installed the new BBM version yesterday.

It would be great if BB would publish instructions on what scenarios should lead to which phone behaviour on the different platforms, and which option being en-/disabled means exactly what - or else it will remain trial & error and at least the iOS users will most likely surrender very soon.
    02-14-14 08:20 AM
    Anyone got BBM Voice over mobile network to work on BBOS legacy devices?

Posted via CB10
    This is an old features for legacy OS I've been using it for years before switching over to BlackBerry 10. The only thing is that on Legacy OS it needs wifi it is not available for mobile network.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 08:26 AM
    I was hoping they would activate the mobile network option on legacy devices in the latest BBM update but from what people are saying this may be technically impossible.

Never mind.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 10:29 AM
    I am on at&t and it is grayed out me for to.
    It worked before on a previous leak.
    02-14-14 10:59 AM
    I tried this with a friend. "Allow BBM calls over mobile network" is turned on on both ends. I could never see the call button for any contact at all. My friend sees the call button, he tried calling me and the message displayed was "This contact is not available for a BBM video chat". He was able to call a few of his contacts though.

I'm confused how this works. Also not sure if this feature is based on region. And there isn't any way to find out either. BlackBerry has no official support team, there's the BlackBerry support forum which is handled by users and then there's CB...

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 11:35 AM
    Mine also isnt appearing at all.. I cant seem to replicate how to make it work..

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 12:00 PM
    Few days now I am noticing BBM Voice and BBM video option us only available when I am on wifi network. On mobile data network, I cannot see BBM voice/video sign in status bar of my friends who are on BBM 10.3 or BBM 2.0

Is this regular?

P.S. I have checked, option to allow bbm calls on mobile network is ON.

Are you with AT&T? If so, they currently block BBM voice and video unless on wifi, they are supposed to remove that restriction but have not as of yet.
    02-14-14 02:42 PM
    Same here!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 05:34 PM
    Are you with AT&T? If so, they currently block BBM voice and video unless on wifi, they are supposed to remove that restriction but have not as of yet.
    I use it on mobile data all the time. Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2074 AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 08:51 PM
    I use it on mobile data all the time. Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2074 AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    It is only blocked if you have unlimited data, seems that a few on unlimited are able, but the majority not, it works on the shared and tiered data plans.
    02-16-14 02:41 PM
    Today, I tried a BBM call with a friend. I was on wifi, and he was on cellular (3G). The call successfully connected and we got to talk loud and clear. To me, it seems that 3G network is a requirement to be able to make BBM calls over cellular data. I don't have 3G network where I am currently, so I can't test that out

Posted via CB10 | Z10-1, 10.2.1.537
    02-18-14 11:26 AM
    Follow this thread and let's get the word out about At&t and why they are forcing customers with unlimited data plans to subscribe to Tiered plans

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-plans-906543/

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 07:15 AM
    I was hoping they would activate the mobile network option on legacy devices in the latest BBM update but from what people are saying this may be technically impossible.

Never mind.

Posted via CB10
    It's disabled on BBOS devices as those phones use BIS data, and sometimes these phones come with unlimited data or BBM etc. But they were not originally released to have BBM voice and since carriers don't want users getting a cheap BIS data plan with nothing else, I guess for simplicity they disabled it BBM voice over Mobile network for all(or most, perhaps carrier dependent) BBOS devices?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 07:24 AM
    I tried this with a friend. "Allow BBM calls over mobile network" is turned on on both ends. I could never see the call button for any contact at all. My friend sees the call button, he tried calling me and the message displayed was "This contact is not available for a BBM video chat". He was able to call a few of his contacts though.

I'm confused how this works. Also not sure if this feature is based on region. And there isn't any way to find out either. BlackBerry has no official support team, there's the BlackBerry support forum which is handled by users and then there's CB...

Posted via CB10
    I have to continue on your comment.. "no official support contact".. i for once found something that i really hate about and feel sorry for us BlackBerry users... like mentioned, there is no official support contact! and we BlackBerry users need and should have one! Especially for a long time loyal BlackBerry like myself!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 01:32 AM
    Since I bought my BlackBerry q5 i always turn on "allow bbm calls over mobile network" but until now my friends can not find the green botton to start the call in my contact except if I use wifi. Can someone explain this? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 10:58 AM
    It seems like for the unfortunate like you n I... we are blocked by our greedy service providers

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:17 PM
    BBM Voice Calls are only permitted on 3G signals or higher.... perhaps your friends are on 2G settings (or perhaps they're just in a specific area where only 2G is available and their phones switch to it automatically, which would explain how they're still getting your BBM messages) ?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 03:28 PM
    BBM Voice Calls are only permitted on 3G signals or higher.... perhaps your friends are on 2G settings (or perhaps they're just in a specific area where only 2G is available and their phones switch to it automatically, which would explain how they're still getting your BBM messages) ?

Posted via CB10
    I understand that.. but that is not the case.. i am getting 3G signal...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 02:38 AM
    I did say that maybe the people you're trying to call are on 2G or in bad signal areas where only 2G is available..... not you, dummy!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:08 PM
    I did say that maybe the people you're trying to call are on 2G or in bad signal areas where only 2G is available..... not you, dummy!

Posted via CB10
    Okay.. well i saw that.. but forgot to mention it in my reply.. yes whoever that i am calling is getting the required signal, 3G

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 01:18 AM
26 12