So regarding BBM in particular - is Blend a "desktop client" for BBM that has been so much discussed and wanted by BlackBerry users?

It seems to me that it is with the only limitation that Blend won't work if you phone is not connected to the pc/tablet - is this the case actually? If not then I guess we do have it - desktop BBM!

BlaQberry10
    08-22-14 03:18 AM
    It seems to me that it is with the only limitation that Blend won't work if you phone is not connected to the pc/tablet - is this the case actually?
    Define connected.. lol. It can happen wirelessly but no, it's not a 'standalone' BBM client.
    08-22-14 03:21 AM
    Will BlackBerry Blend maybe also work with e.g. Apple or Android Smartphones which only have BBM installed? So BlackBerry Blend could be used as an alternative to Thunderbird or Outlook, for example. And everyone's desktop system would become additionally an each specific home server for every (just) BBM User worldwide. Wouldn't that be just really cool and could become most popular!?

Good, Better, BlackBerry Z30
    08-23-14 04:56 PM
    As we all haven't seen Blend yet and those who have seen it are not allowed to talk about it - we don't know yet...

But BlackBerry Blend seems like an app for tablets, Mac and Windows Computers to get access via Wifi or even cellular to your BlackBerry Hub.

So you should be able to access all your mails, text messages and bbm... something like blackberry bridge 2.0 - and no - don't hope for any Playbook love
    08-23-14 05:44 PM
    So there is no web based syncing? Like Google drive? And I was betting my last dime on it!!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 10:15 AM