I remember when (2 days ago) BBM was the best mobile messaging platform in the world, combining Delivered/Read notifications, security, Glympse, stickers, voice and video calls, channels, etc. than something crazy happened.

BBM added even more features (many requested by users) and now it just isn't up to snuff when compared to the alternatives.

This makes sense to me, oh wait...
    11-01-14 12:28 PM
    What's not up to snuff? The added features are going to be paid features. Use em now and see if you like em. And then don't worry. If you don't pay you won't have to use them.
    11-01-14 10:42 PM
    Sarcasm!

BBM added more features and now because some of them might be premium all of a sudden people are going to leave BBM in droves because it isn't as good as the others, even though 2 days ago with less features they felt BBM was the best.
    Last edited by WGn199; 11-02-14 at 12:29 AM.
    pbeasley likes this.
    11-02-14 12:18 AM
    You have any ideea how to stop notifications when you're into a conversation? I chat with somebody and the "beep" is still there with every sentence he writes. I think is very annoying.
    11-02-14 02:07 AM
    Sarcasm!

BBM added more features and now because some of them might be premium all of a sudden people are going to leave BBM in droves because it isn't as good as the others, even though 2 days ago with less features they felt BBM was the best.
    BBM is not the best, people are angry because BBM has a lot of stuff to do before monetizing it, a lot of basic features aren't available, a lot of bugs and on top of that we BlackBerry users get no special treatment, if that doesn't make you angry then I don't know what will.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:42 AM
    BBM is not the best, people are angry because BBM has a lot of stuff to do before monetizing it, a lot of basic features aren't available, a lot of bugs and on top of that we BlackBerry users get no special treatment, if that doesn't make you angry then I don't know what will.

Posted via CB10
    What are these basic features that are missing and what do they need to do before monetizing? How do you suggest they monetize?

Whatsapp is an app - available on most if not all platforms, not tied to any phone manufacturer so no special treatment by them.

Does Apple offer special treatment to their users because they only allow Apple product users to use iMessage?

You could make an argument for Microsoft and Skype but it was purchased not developed by Microsoft for their users and than cross platform.

I kind of thought the 25 days of Christmas with the free app each day was kind of special, I know I looked forward to it.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    11-02-14 01:22 PM
    What are these basic features that are missing and what do they need to do before monetizing? How do you suggest they monetize?

Whatsapp is an app - available on most if not all platforms, not tied to any phone manufacturer so no special treatment by them.

Does Apple offer special treatment to their users because they only allow Apple product users to use iMessage?

You could make an argument for Microsoft and Skype but it was purchased not developed by Microsoft for their users and than cross platform.

I kind of thought the 25 days of Christmas with the free app each day was kind of special, I know I looked forward to it.
    Features like saving chat history like BBOS, giving IOS the option to hide keyboard like all other platforms, giving all platforms the ability to adjust font size ( VERY IMPORTANT) ,ability to broadcast to specific category, ability to change tones in IOS, stop croping profile pics and implement the BBOS way, inline picture sending in groups and a lot of other groups improvement.

Also video chat but that's not a basic feature.

Before they monetize they should build a big user base by making everything for free and better features than the competition.

As you said Whatsapp is not tied to any phone manufacturer but BBM IS! And I paid for a BlackBerry phone which means I shouldn't get ads or pay for any feature provided by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 01:36 PM
    You have any ideea how to stop notifications when you're into a conversation? I chat with somebody and the "beep" is still there with every sentence he writes. I think is very annoying.
    nobody?
    11-04-14 11:47 PM