If stickers are childish then so are the default emoticons. I agree it should default to the default emoticons.
    I want my old child-ish back as default.

kbz1960 likes this.
    12-16-14 06:46 AM
    I don't like the stickers either. All these things pasted over a small mobile screen are a pain to deal with and not easy to ignore.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 02:29 PM
    Okay, so let's be clear here. You have a functional instant messaging app with which you communicate (BBM) and that you apparantly used it with satisfaction... and now because of stickers, you're ditching BBM in its entirety? And then as a solution, you are going to install "crappy WhatsApp"? Doesn't that strike you as an overreaction? And 1) "crappy WhatsApp" is apparantly better than stickers? And 2) So wait: you can get used to "crappy WhatsApp" but not to stickers on BBM?

Okay. Right then.
    I've had to ditch BBM not because of the awful stickers but because of the poor user experience my family and friends have with BBM on their Android, iOS and WP. Message delays, laggy UI etc have led most to uninstall it.
    I just wish BlackBerry would focus their efforts on getting the cross platform app right first. Stickers isn't the big draw, there are other more established & accomplished message apps out there.
    12-19-14 12:38 PM
    Here's a solution, don't download stickers. LOL! With that said, maybe BBM should give people the option of a more serious BBM and one packed with jovial options. Personally I think stickers, though not necessarily for me, attract the younger crowds who view BBM as a dried up, old man messaging app. I think BlackBerry is trying to reach them as well. My daughter loves the stickers and is now very happy with her Z10 and BBM after wanting an iPhone for the longest time, and yes from time to time I tend to use a sticker or to when communicating with her or a close friend. At least the free ones. Cause you won't catch me paying for it.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:47 AM
    Here's a solution, don't download stickers. LOL! With that said, maybe BBM should give people the option of a more serious BBM and one packed with jovial options. Personally I think stickers, though not necessarily for me, attract the younger crowds who view BBM as a dried up, old man messaging app. I think BlackBerry is trying to reach them as well. My daughter loves the stickers and is now very happy with her Z10 and BBM after wanting an iPhone for the longest time, and yes from time to time I tend to use a sticker or to when communicating with her or a close friend. At least the free ones. Cause you won't catch me paying for it.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with your points, however, the latest update forced stickers into people's accounts (a couple free ones), so they can't just not download them.. lol

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    GEO1ER likes this.
    12-20-14 05:04 PM
    I've had to ditch BBM not because of the awful stickers but because of the poor user experience my family and friends have with BBM on their Android, iOS and WP. Message delays, laggy UI etc have led most to uninstall it.
    I just wish BlackBerry would focus their efforts on getting the cross platform app right first. Stickers isn't the big draw, there are other more established & accomplished message apps out there.
    Well, that's another and far more valid reason to ditch BBM than stickers. I use Whatsapp myself, since 99,9% of my friends are more than happy with it and won't switch to another platform without a very good reason. I have a single friend with a Nexus 5 and he has no complaints besides the fact that he is unable to turn off vibrate. It appears that this is an Android 5.0 issue however, so perhaps the new Android update will fix that. I had my mother install it on her iPhone and while I thought she didn't use it, apparantly she does with family located overseas. So I have to admit I can hardly say anything about the general performance on the other platforms. I do agree that if BBM really wants to be cross-platform, it should work flawlessly on the other platforms. But you'd think they'd prioritize that.. right?
    12-21-14 09:28 AM
    I do agree that if BBM really wants to be cross-platform, it should work flawlessly on the other platforms. But you'd think they'd prioritize that.. right?
    You'd think performance would be priority #1. Having a consistent user experience with all features on all platforms should be priority #2.
    12-21-14 02:31 PM
    Nope. Making money is always number 1!

Cash rules everything around me cream get the money dollar dollar bill yo!

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    12-22-14 03:11 PM
    It's not that complicated.
    BBM is for serious business when you're on BES and that eBBM.
    Then, it's targeted at the selfie loving and sticker using consumers (I use a few sticker packs regularly) in the "mainstream" version.

I guess some actually bought into that "prosumer" stuff lol

Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.1949
    01-03-15 08:05 PM
    Repeat:

We need dark backgrounds, before more stickers!

Someone needs to get on it. How much time can it take?

Via my badass Z30 / 10.3.1.1949
    01-11-15 11:26 AM
    I don't mind the stickers. I haven't bought any -- just have the default pack. All I want is the ability to set the default to show the regular emoticons first. That's all.
    01-19-15 01:11 AM
    Unlike the stickers

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:51 AM
87 ... 234