Just for the record: doesn't eBBM have stickers at all? Isn't it basically the same?

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-14-14 09:39 AM
    Okay everyone listen up!

I'm not going to pretend that I've read all of the threads I'm posting this in so let me know if I'm being redundant!

I just got off the phone with BlackBerry tech support and the only official process they can follow is based off of I Can Make It Better posts, so I've now posted it and sharing it around! Get anyone you know to upvote this so we can get it fixed ASAP!

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....default-in-bbm

Go here and upvote the post!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-14-14 02:28 PM
    To BlackBerry's BBM team (if they are reading this):

I love how BBM is improving but rate of improvement still needs to be speeded-up. Here are top pain points of my friends who are using iOS/Android and native BBM.

1 ## Sharing ##

** 1a. Unable to share multiple files. If you go to pictures folder, select multiple pictures, and click share -> you can share them with WhatsApp Chat or WhatsApp Groups but not with BBM contacts, nor with existing BBM multiperson chats nor with existing BBM Groups. People want to be able to do that !!!!!!!!!!

** 1b.Unable to share different file types
    People want to be able to share not just pictures and videos but any kind of file type.

2 ## Message history management ##

** 2a. On WhatsApp, my friends are able to select a particular message and delete it. But on BBM, to get rid of a message, you have to DELETE the whole conversation.

** 2b. Retract/Timed Messages are great. But they are not replacement for message-delete feature. Suppose, you share a channel post (picture) with a contact. This contact does not want it BBM conversation history. So, now, this contact has to delete the WHOLE CONVERSATION history instead of being able to simply delete just the one post/message.

3. ## Emoticon Picker Tray ##

** 3a. When inserting emoticons/smileys in a message, you click on smiley icon, and pick an emoticon, and the emoticon tray closes as soon as you've selected a smiley. This is fine but sometimes (actually a LOT of times) people want to be able to insert multiple-emoticons. And opening emoticon tray everytime is a pain.
    (In WhatsApp, when you insert emoticon, the emoticon tray remains open and you can simply keep inserting emoticons until you are done!!!!)

4. ## D and R indicators for Group AND MultiPerson chats ##

** 4a. BBM doesn't display D and R notifications for group messages. WhatsApp does!!! Can you believe it? WhatsApp for longest time did not have "R" equivalent notifications. But now they do (blue checkmarks). Now WhatsApp even has D/R notifications for Group chats. WhatsAPP has ONE-UPPED BBM here. Come on, BBM!!!!!!!!!!!

5. ## FORCED (without user's consent) status updates ##

** 5a. If BBM becomes more popular (like WhatsApp has 600m users), you are going to have a law-suit in your hand,BlackBerry! If you download a sticker pack, or if you install BBM, or if you uninstall/re-install BBM, BBM automatically updates your status "I just bought XYZ sticker pack" "ABC just joined XYZ group". These status updates are WITHOUT user's consent. There is no way to opt-out of them. I believe you are going to have a law-suit some day - you are saved only because BBM hasn't become very popular yet.
    Right thing to do, ethical thing to do, is to allow user to OPT-OUT of such forced status updates.

When I download a sticker-pack, I don't want my WHOLE contact list to know that I have purchased a sticker pack!!!!

6. ## UI Speed ##

** 6a. On slightly older phones (S3 era, iPhone 4s era), BBM UI loads slower than other apps.

7. ## Message Delivery Reliability ##

** 7a. This has improved big time but still notice issues from time to time, specially on iPhone 4s era devices. But reliability of message delivery has indeed improved a lot over last couple of BBM versions and I hope further improvement is made to finally close this issue for good.

If you work for BlackBerry, I'd appreciate it if you could forward my feedback to BBM team.
    12-14-14 04:59 PM
    To BlackBerry's BBM team (if they are reading this):

I love how BBM is improving but rate of improvement still needs to be speeded-up. Here are top pain points of my friends who are using iOS/Android and native BBM.

1 ## Sharing ##

** 1a. Unable to share multiple files. If you go to pictures folder, select multiple pictures, and click share -> you can share them with WhatsApp Chat or WhatsApp Groups but not with BBM contacts, nor with existing BBM multiperson chats nor with existing BBM Groups. People want to be able to do that !!!!!!!!!!

People want to be able to share not just pictures and videos but any kind of file type.

2 ## Message history management ##

** 2a. On WhatsApp, my friends are able to select a particular message and delete it. But on BBM, to get rid of a message, you have to DELETE the whole conversation.

** 2b. Retract/Timed Messages are great. But they are not replacement for message-delete feature. Suppose, you share a channel post (picture) with a contact. This contact does not want it BBM conversation history. So, now, this contact has to delete the WHOLE CONVERSATION history instead of being able to simply delete just the one post/message.

3. ## Emoticon Picker Tray ##

** 3a. When inserting emoticons/smileys in a message, you click on smiley icon, and pick an emoticon, and the emoticon tray closes as soon as you've selected a smiley. This is fine but sometimes (actually a LOT of times) people want to be able to insert multiple-emoticons. And opening emoticon tray everytime is a pain.
    (In WhatsApp, when you insert emoticon, the emoticon tray remains open and you can simply keep inserting emoticons until you are done!!!!)

4. ## D and R indicators for Group AND MultiPerson chats ##

** 4a. BBM doesn't display D and R notifications for group messages. WhatsApp does!!! Can you believe it? WhatsApp for longest time did not have "R" equivalent notifications. But now they do (blue checkmarks). Now WhatsApp even has D/R notifications for Group chats. WhatsAPP has ONE-UPPED BBM here. Come on, BBM!!!!!!!!!!!

** 5a. If BBM becomes more popular (like WhatsApp has 600m users), you are going to have a law-suit in your hand,BlackBerry! If you download a sticker pack, or if you install BBM, or if you uninstall/re-install BBM, BBM automatically updates your status "I just bought XYZ sticker pack" "ABC just joined XYZ group". These status updates are WITHOUT user's consent. There is no way to opt-out of them. I believe you are going to have a law-suit some day - you are saved only because BBM hasn't become very popular yet.
    Right thing to do, ethical thing to do, is to allow user to OPT-OUT of such forced status updates.

When I download a sticker-pack, I don't want my WHOLE contact list to know that I have purchased a sticker pack!!!!

6. ## UI Speed ##

** 6a. On slightly older phones (S3 era, iPhone 4s era), BBM UI loads slower than other apps.

7. ## Message Delivery Reliability ##

** 7a. This has improved big time but still notice issues from time to time, specially on iPhone 4s era devices. But reliability of message delivery has indeed improved a lot over last couple of BBM versions and I hope further improvement is made to finally close this issue for good.

If you work for BlackBerry, I'd appreciate it if you could forward my feedback to BBM team.
    Bring all of these to blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com

Unfortunately that's the only way they'll seriously get a look at, I've already tried talking with internal people and this is the process that they have to follow!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-14-14 05:35 PM
    Most of those points sound reasonable! Stuff that has been talked about here on a few more occasions I believe
    1 ## Sharing ##

I'm pretty sure I can already share every file type with contacts...
    BBM becoming increasingly childish-img_20141215_005100.jpg

** 5a. If BBM becomes more popular (like WhatsApp has 600m users) you are going to have a law-suit in your hand,BlackBerry!
    That sounds a bit too American for my taste. Seriously a lawsuit for posting a generic status? And besides (for Sticker packs) you can already choose Yes or No, to that update.

12-14-14 05:54 PM
    Making stickers pop up as default when hitting the emoticon tab is absolutely ridiculous.

What inexcusable garbage. BBM is officially crap now. Never thought id see the day.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:12 PM
    Most of those points sound reasonable! Stuff that has been talked about here on a few more occasions I believe
    I'm pretty sure I can already share every file type with contacts...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141215_005100.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	320778

That sounds a bit too American for my taste. Seriously a lawsuit for posting a generic status? And besides (for Sticker packs) you can already choose Yes or No, to that update.

Yes - but not on all clients (ios/android) work differently. I'd appreciate a consistent BBM experience for my friends. If you are in a multi-person chat with some users from iOS, some Android BBM, sharing options become even more limited.

I have never seen an option to choose YES or NO. If that option exists and somehow I have missed it, then this point is moot. But if I am right -- --- --- But believe you me - somebody will sue, eventually. But that's not the only reason they should change this behavior. BlackBerry is big on privacy and giving you control. So, it seems disingenuous and shortsighted (way of selling more) to spam a user's timeline with your own advertisement without user's consent. I certainly don't want my whole contact list to know I bought XYZ sticker pack! If anything, I have stopped myself from purchasing sticker packs because I don't want my contact list to see that message. --- --- --- again, this is only if option to choose YES or NO does not exist.

By the way, I created a separate dedicated thread for BBM feedback:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post11162403 - feel free to add comments/agreements/disagreements there.
    12-14-14 06:17 PM
    I have never seen an option to choose YES or NO. If that option exists and somehow I have missed it, then this point is moot. But if I am right -- --- ---
    The option to allow BBM to post is there for you to "skip" it if you want. You can't miss it as it is a pop-up that shows directly after confirmation of purchase. The screen CANNOT be exited unless you choose skip or ok. If it has been posting in your time line it is because you have been clicking ok...

BBM becoming increasingly childish-img_20141214_192828.png

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    12-14-14 07:02 PM
    Very childish, they should focus on functionality, BBM Meetings and Voice over BBM don't even work in the UAE.

Posted via CB10
    That's too bad. BBM Meetings rocks! Had my first meeting this morning on BBM Meetings for one and half hours and it was fantastic! Very very useful. Hope they continue to try to implement it in your country!
    dusdal likes this.
    12-14-14 08:18 PM
    Right. That's what I'm trying to get at. I understand making a single purchase if you want to try, but I rarely (never) see anyone who says they don't like them have only that first set. They always have more than one...

I would like to see some screen shots of their first and ONLY set from those that have said they hated them.

The only remedy I see for this is the ability to delete sets. Because many of us that beta tested ask for this change NOT to occur upon official release. They are obviously not listening.

So as long as they continue to implement this behavior, people should avoid downloading them in the first place or continue to ask for the ability to delete them. Which they also received requests for and have ignored.

Posted via CB10
    I've never purchased a pack, nor downloaded a free one. EVER! Please drop the "all", and understand:

1) The beta version came with 3 packs
    2) The official versions have a basic pack
    3) If I'd wanted the damn lambs, I wouldn't have complained about them

Please go back and edit your posts. They're misleading and confrontation.
    12-15-14 12:58 AM
    I've never purchased a pack, nor downloaded a free one. EVER! Please drop the "all", and understand:

1) The beta version came with 3 packs
    2) The official versions have a basic pack
    3) If I'd wanted the damn lambs, I wouldn't have complained about them

Please go back and edit your posts. They're misleading and confrontation.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't see the word "all" anywhere in that post that you quoted. You must be thinking of someone else.

And as for what I was asking... If you choose to read the thread, was that I didn't know what came as pre-installed stickers and "asked" which pack they were. I've been buying stickers since they have been offered, so I personally cannot tell what comes with either the beta or official version because I probably previously downloaded them. Understand?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 01:16 AM
    I'm just wondering...
    All of the people I read about hating stickers always state they purchased multiple sets.

1) If they do not like stickers, why did they purchase them in the first place? I understand the first set, but I personally don't burn my hand on the stove again after the first time.

2) I want to hear from someone that is serious about not liking stickers. Meaning they meant what they said and NEVER purchased a single set. What are the options seen since there are no stickers to default to?

You obviously did not say you hated them, but aren't you curious about the above as well??

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't see the word "all" anywhere in that post that you quoted. You must be thinking of someone else.

And as for what I was asking... If you choose to read the thread, was that I didn't know what came as pre-installed stickers and "asked" which pack they were. I've been buying stickers since they have been offered, so I personally cannot tell what comes with either the beta or official version because I probably previously downloaded them. Understand?

Posted via CB10
    That
    12-15-14 01:25 AM
    And... that is NOT the post you quoted first of all...

Second of all... That "has" been my experience all the way up until your post which came "after" mine. I've NEVER seen seen anyone who hated stickers have just one set. So, what fault do you find when you come after the fact to state that there are pre-loaded stickers sets? Isn't that what I was asking???

So you've answered my question about there being included stickers, so now can you answer me about which ones they are?

Without context, your post is misleading and condescending! Because you're not paying attention to the fact that "I don't know" and am asking for the facts.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 01:34 AM
    And... that is NOT the post you quoted first of all...

Second of all... That "has" been my experience all the way up until your post which came "after" mine. I've NEVER seen seen anyone who hated stickers have just one set. So, what fault do you find when you come after the fact to state that there are pre-loaded stickers sets? Isn't that what I was asking???

So you've answered my question about there being included stickers, so now can you answer me about which ones they are?

Without context, your post is misleading and condescending! Because you're not paying attention to the fact that "I don't know" and am asking for the facts.

Posted via CB10
    I asked you to go back and edit your posts. The couple prior to the one I quoted said all. Didn't think it would be confusing. I'm sorry, I should have quoted them too.

You should have known prior, since you were involved in this thread.

The stickers I'm currently "blessed" by BlackBerry (LoL) to have are blue people, stock smilies and the damn lambs. What the packs are actually called, I haven't a clue.

Sorry if I came off confrontational too, but it ticked me off seeing you suggest I intentionally had the dang lambs in my possession, when it's quite the opposite, and I'd bet also the case for many who have complained about stickers becoming the default.

Peace Brad
    12-15-14 01:57 AM
    I asked you to go back and edit your posts. The couple prior to the one I quoted said all. Didn't think it would be confusing. I'm sorry, I should have quoted them too.

You should have known prior, since you were involved in this thread.

The stickers I'm currently "blessed" by BlackBerry (LoL) to have are blue people, stock smilies and the damn lambs. What the packs are actually called, I haven't a clue.

Sorry if I came off confrontational too, but it ticked me off seeing you suggest I intentionally had the dang lambs in my possession, when it's quite the opposite, and I'd bet also the case for many who have complained about stickers becoming the default.

Peace Brad
    It would be good for clarification purposes if you quote the actual post that you're referencing. It helps a lot.

Also, that thread you're pointing to has nothing to do with what I was asking. I understand you don't like stickers. I get that. But nothing in that thread shows me anything about why people who don't like them have multiple sets. So the thread is irrelevant to what I was asking.

I would say to re-read post #12 and 13 in this thread. I asked the question and another member pointed out that there were pre-loaded sticker sets. I asked which ones they were, but never received a response. I explained clearly that I didn't know. I also indicated that I wanted factual information. Please don't knock me for wanting to learn something.

Also, FYI. If you want to know which sets are installed, you should be able to go into the shop and see your installed stickers listed by name.

Anyway, I'm a big boy.
    No hard feelings.

Be Blessed.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 02:33 AM
    It would be good for clarification purposes if you quote the actual post that you're referencing. It helps a lot.

Also, that thread you're pointing to has nothing to do with what I was asking. I understand you don't like stickers. I get that. But nothing in that thread shows me anything about why people who don't like them have multiple sets. So the thread is irrelevant to what I was asking.

I would say to re-read post #12 and 13 in this thread. I asked the question and another member pointed out that there were pre-loaded sticker sets. I asked which ones they were, but never received a response. I explained clearly that I didn't know. I also indicated that I wanted factual information. Please don't knock me for wanting to learn something.

Also, FYI. If you want to know which sets are installed, you should be able to go into the shop and see your installed stickers listed by name.

Anyway, I'm a big boy.
    No hard feelings.

Be Blessed.

Posted via CB10
    If I want to know the names?!?
    12-15-14 02:39 AM
    If I want to know the names?!?
    LoL. Ha Ha. Yeah. I Gotcha.
    But that is not how I meant it.

What I'm saying is that if you come across someone else like me that may ask what are the default sets included. You would be able to actually assist them with an answer rather than saying blue, smileys, etc.

Not a reference for you to know something personally about something you despise.

Big Hugs!
    Take care.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 02:51 AM
    There are number of threads on the subject of stickers with the general consensus that it is a bad idea. There are also a growing number of one star reviews on BlackBerry World complaining about the stickers.

The real problem is that BlackBerry Messenger is baked into bb10 and therefore the big sticker sales push feels far more intrusive because it is impossible to delete the app.

What's next? An aggressive push to sell ring tones from within the notifications settings?

It would seem that when you click on the emoticons button you're taken to the most recent set of installed stickers. So presumably, if you buy Christmas stickers (and I can see the appeal at this time of the year) you will be stuck with them as the default set until you buy another set. There is no way to arrange or delete them. This is just a crazily bad design.
    Last edited by marcusperkins; 12-15-14 at 03:17 AM.
    12-15-14 03:05 AM
    Right. That's what I'm trying to get at. I understand making a single purchase if you want to try, but I rarely (never) see anyone who says they don't like them have only that first set. They always have more than one...

I would like to see some screen shots of their first and ONLY set from those that have said they hated them.

The only remedy I see for this is the ability to delete sets. Because many of us that beta tested ask for this change NOT to occur upon official release. They are obviously not listening.

So as long as they continue to implement this behavior, people should avoid downloading them in the first place or continue to ask for the ability to delete them. Which they also received requests for and have ignored.

Posted via CB10

I fit your "criteria," so let me respond.

Here it is (attached). That is the junk that shows when I press the emoticon selector icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. I then have to use my other hand (my thumb is not long enough most of the time to reach the first icon on the left) to select the emoticons, and only then can I choose the one I want. To insert another one, the whole procedure starts anew.

I never purchased any stickers, I never even went to the "Shop," I have ZERO intention of ever buying any stickers. As of now, and at least until this issue is resolved, I am no longer using BBM.

And who knows: By the time BlackBerry realizes that this is B.S., I'll have gotten used to the crappy WhatsApp, and won't want to revert to BBM anyway.
    BBM becoming increasingly childish-img_20141216_002214.png
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-15-14 06:33 PM
    And you only have to accidentally brush one of those stickers and it is sent.

Looks really professional..
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-15-14 06:44 PM
    Quiet, professional grinches. If you work at my bank you aren't even allowed to use BBM anyway, you are only allowed pin-to-pin messaging.

So for stickers you have to be one of those people I see in the food court with the tear stained BB for work in the left hand and the fun iPhone in the right. Both out at the same time.
    12-15-14 08:47 PM
    I fit your "criteria," so let me respond.

Here it is (attached). That is the junk that shows when I press the emoticon selector icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. I then have to use my other hand (my thumb is not long enough most of the time to reach the first icon on the left) to select the emoticons, and only then can I choose the one I want. To insert another one, the whole procedure starts anew.

I never purchased any stickers, I never even went to the "Shop," I have ZERO intention of ever buying any stickers. As of now, and at least until this issue is resolved, I am no longer using BBM.

And who knows: By the time BlackBerry realizes that this is B.S., I'll have gotten used to the crappy WhatsApp, and won't want to revert to BBM anyway.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141216_002214.png 
Views:	549 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	320989
    Thanks for posting this. It seems that this default installed set is called the "BBM Familiar Faces Pack". There are several "BBM Smiley"packs, and I had no idea which ones came with these latest BBM versions. There was no way for me to discern which pack it was because I have many sets installed and there is no way to delete them. So as they accumulate, I can't say "Oh, this is the included default original set".

As far as the utilization and implementation, I agree. I have been very vocal about this latest default change. It should not default to stickers since some people don't use them. But most users have already been acclimated to using the emoticons.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 08:51 PM
    I can't believe my q10 bbm is like a baby leap frog device. What utter crap and embarrassing in meeting. Got the weird look from a shoulder check by a colleague when saw what bbm has become.
    12-15-14 09:54 PM

Okay, so let's be clear here. You have a functional instant messaging app with which you communicate (BBM) and that you apparantly used it with satisfaction... and now because of stickers, you're ditching BBM in its entirety? And then as a solution, you are going to install "crappy WhatsApp"? Doesn't that strike you as an overreaction? And 1) "crappy WhatsApp" is apparantly better than stickers? And 2) So wait: you can get used to "crappy WhatsApp" but not to stickers on BBM?

Okay. Right then.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    12-16-14 06:07 AM
    If stickers are childish then so are the default emoticons. I agree it should default to the default emoticons.
    BigBadWulf and David Tyler like this.
    12-16-14 06:38 AM
87 1234