Stickers do NOT jive with BlackBerry's new image of secure mobile business communications.
    12-13-14 08:49 AM
    Seems like the people throwing tantrums are the childish ones...

Posted via CB10
    eduzojordan and Blacula like this.
    12-13-14 09:20 AM
    And when will someone take just a few minutes to add some dark backgrounds? At very least a black one?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:38 AM
    how can i ignore stickers, when they are now on default choice ....

i actually bought some sticker packs, but still... i want to be in my emoticons first and then choose individually whether i want to add stickers....
    Default is Text! Interesting you didn't commented on this: "First of all technically the fastest way to communicate would be without using emoticons at all. You don't need to use them and they slow you down a lot!"
    12-13-14 12:08 PM
    Stickers do NOT jive with BlackBerry's new image of secure mobile business communications.
    Default is Text!
    I really don't get some people from this forum they want BB to get into customer market (a lot of them probably love stickers), yet when BB introduce some feature for that market they complain. ja ja ja give it a rest
    12-13-14 12:12 PM
    Seems like the people throwing tantrums are the childish ones...

Posted via CB10
    Whose throwing a tantrum? He just stated his opinion.
    12-13-14 12:45 PM
    Default is Text! Interesting you didn't commented on this: "First of all technically the fastest way to communicate would be without using emoticons at all. You don't need to use them and they slow you down a lot!"
    oh boy read carefully next time. I am talking about my fastest way of communication. my way includes emoticons and sometimes stickers.
    and actually i need to use them because adding a voice note that my text was just sarcasm slows me down even more

by the way...i added some emoticons .... so you can better understand my sentiments...
    12-13-14 12:48 PM

it's childish to use emoticons
    12-13-14 02:33 PM
    I don't mind the stickers but I would like to see some "slightly more professional stickers" if, haha, there is such a thing.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 02:50 PM
    I don't like them. Tired them now what I don't like is I'm stuck with them! No way to remove them. We need that option. ASAP

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 02:57 PM
    I don't think anybody minds the stickers and sticker shop being available, and it makes perfect sense these features are turned on as a default. However, it is the lack of control or the inability to turn those features off which I (and probably many others) find incredibly irritating.

If BlackBerry Messenger in its current form is the core messaging solution for a productivity focussed product, then BlackBerry is once again sending out mixed messages about what the BlackBerry brand is supposed to be.

BlackBerry Messenger in it's current form is a bit of a joke, no wonder I have so few contacts on it. it's a shame.
    12-13-14 05:39 PM
    I don't think anybody minds the stickers and sticker shop being available, and it makes perfect sense these features are turned on as a default. However, it is the lack of control or the inability to turn those features off which I (and probably many others) find incredibly irritating.

If BlackBerry Messenger in its current form is the core messaging solution for a productivity focussed product, then BlackBerry is once again sending out mixed messages about what the BlackBerry brand is supposed to be.

BlackBerry Messenger in it's current form is a bit of a joke, no wonder I have so few contacts on it. it's a shame.
    BBM is a separate entity from BlackBerry.

It's mission is to make money! And if stickers do that more power to them.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    12-13-14 06:54 PM
    My point exactly.
    12-13-14 07:06 PM
    The company I work for doesn't allow BBM on corporate BB devices but they allow pin to pin messaging. Go figure.
    12-13-14 07:22 PM
    I'm getting fed up with these ridiculous stickers being shoved up my nose. It's not really businesslike and is starting to get a little embarrassing. Maybe BlackBerry Messenger should look at the simplicity of whatsapp and learn a thing or two about how a messaging app should look.

It's all very well going on about how secure BlackBerry Messenger is, but it is starting to feel like a rather childish app.

Is there anyway we can turn this crap off?
    I completely agree with you Marcus on the fact that the stickers are extremely annoying and childish. I have never bought any one and will never do it. In fact, I am seriously thinking about switching to iPhone. BlackBerry should change BBM back to its origins. It has become increasingly difficult to send a text with this stupid timing option that people keep activating by accident and you end not being able to read the message. I can understand the convenience of recalling a message after having second thoughts, but limiting it to a time frame? I differ with you though about WhatsApp and would never use it as a reference or model to follow. That is the most invasive app ever developed! And the emoticons are the ugliest things on earth.
    Another annoying thing about BBM are the frequent invitations to join Channels. Is it possible to turn both the ridiculous stickers and the annoying invitations off at once and forever?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    daniel337 likes this.
    12-13-14 07:29 PM
    Just use Telegram Messenger once the winner of the BB 10 contest is announced.
    12-13-14 07:34 PM

There's no mixed messages about the BBM brand. It's not a productivity tool and no one ever claimed it to be. You might be getting it confused with eBBM?

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    12-13-14 10:03 PM
    There's no mixed messages about the BBM brand. It's not a productivity tool and no one ever claimed it to be. You might be getting it confused with eBBM?
    Re-read his post. He didn't mention the words �BBM brand" but rather the overall "BlackBerry brand". You're the one who's confusing the issue.
    12-13-14 11:57 PM
    I look at it this way. Stickers must be making money or BlackBerry would not spend so much time on them. I'm prepared to work with BlackBerry on this point. I want them so succeed and to that end I have bought several sticker packs, which I occasionally use. I don't have a problem.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    12-14-14 12:08 AM
    I differ with you though about WhatsApp and would never use it as a reference or model to follow. That is the most invasive app ever developed! And the emoticons are the ugliest things on earth.
    Another annoying thing about BBM are the frequent invitations to join Channels. Is it possible to turn both the ridiculous stickers and the annoying invitations off at once and forever?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you totally about how invasive whatsapp is. My point though (which may not have been clear) was that in use whatsapp is much easier and cleaner to use. They even have the sense to bunch the most used emoticons (if you use them) into one section.

For arguments by others about BlackBerry Messenger making money, I don't have a problem with that but not in this invasive form. Besides, nobody is going to start using BlackBerry Messenger for the stickers alone as there are far better options out there particularly from some of the Asian focussed apps.

I've no idea how much BlackBerry Messenger make out of stickers, but they'll have to make a lot to offset the potential losses caused by the inevitable weakening of support from what I would imagine is a sizeable percentage of the user base.

Aggressively flogging Disney stickers on a business focussed device is not going to save BlackBerry. You really don't need to be smart to figure that out.
    Last edited by marcusperkins; 12-14-14 at 04:07 AM.
    12-14-14 03:15 AM
    I don't mind the stickers, but they should have a setting that you can have them turned off or to make them default.
    always nice to be able to choose how you want to use a function.
    12-14-14 08:24 AM
    Gee I guess we are becoming a society of the lazy..... it is so hard to ignore the option... even if it is the default choice.... amazing how inconsequential issue bother people... it is not like it makes the app unusable.... the thing people miss is if they want BB then this is the future as the company ... Stickers are huge in other markets and a large potential money maker... so it would make business sense to have it as a universal feature..... guess we better not use the internet anymore as all those pesky adds keep popping up everywhere... so hard to press the close button.....
    Blacula and David Tyler like this.
    12-14-14 08:47 AM
    Totally agreed!

From my Z30
    12-14-14 08:50 AM
    I'm talking to my wife and I just wanted to send her small morning yawn right away and WWE superstars came up as my default??. Yup, it's getting childish.

Posted via CB10
    Wwe superstars is so not childish

Yep starting to get annoyed with bbm myself just because I can't believe someone is actually getting paid to program the stickers function instead of focusing on cross-platform video calling and screen sharing. Stickers would make a lot more money if bbm was actually used by more people
    12-14-14 08:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    So before ebbm was bbm just for kids? Lol ebbm hasn't even existed for a year yet
    12-14-14 08:55 AM
87 1234