I'm getting fed up with these ridiculous stickers being shoved up my nose. It's not really businesslike and is starting to get a little embarrassing. Maybe BlackBerry Messenger should look at the simplicity of whatsapp and learn a thing or two about how a messaging app should look.

It's all very well going on about how secure BlackBerry Messenger is, but it is starting to feel like a rather childish app.

Is there anyway we can turn this crap off?
    12-13-14 02:22 AM
    Yeah, don't download the Stickers...Simple, ignore it.
    jaydee5799, tjseaman and RocPlayr like this.
    12-13-14 03:04 AM
    I'm getting fed up with these ridiculous stickers being shoved up my nose. It's not really businesslike and is starting to get a little embarrassing. Maybe BlackBerry Messenger should look at the simplicity of whatsapp and learn a thing or two about how a messaging app should look.

It's all very well going on about how secure BlackBerry Messenger is, but it is starting to feel like a rather childish app.

ignore them and don't buy them - problem solved!
    eduzojordan likes this.
    12-13-14 03:09 AM
    I read comments about the stickers and BlackBerry shold build a ;

- ignore sticker option for users to block them
    - group to use stickers block to le the group conversations clean without to much space.

I
    callec39 and thatplaybookguy like this.
    12-13-14 03:16 AM
    how can i ignore stickers, when they are now on default choice ....

i actually bought some sticker packs, but still... i want to be in my emoticons first and then choose individually whether i want to add stickers....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-13-14 03:40 AM
    how can i ignore stickers, when they are now on default choice ....

i actually bought some sticker packs, but still... i want to be in my emoticons first and then choose individually whether i want to add stickers....
    I'm just wondering...
    All of the people I read about hating stickers always state they purchased multiple sets.

1) If they do not like stickers, why did they purchase them in the first place? I understand the first set, but I personally don't burn my hand on the stove again after the first time.

2) I want to hear from someone that is serious about not liking stickers. Meaning they meant what they said and NEVER purchased a single set. What are the options seen since there are no stickers to default to?

You obviously did not say you hated them, but aren't you curious about the above as well??

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    12-13-14 05:05 AM
    @ 2) I think you always get the basic BBM Sticker Pack preloaded, so that's what it would default to.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-13-14 05:10 AM

I agree. BBM went MSN!?

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    12-13-14 05:13 AM

BBM is trying to make money they're NOT trying to be professional or business like that's what eBBM is for!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 05:17 AM
    I'm just wondering...
    All of the people I read about hating stickers always state they purchased multiple sets.

You obviously did not say you hated them, but aren't you curious about the above as well??

Posted via CB10
    I don't really care about all the complainers. I care about my fastest way of communication, and the new order of choice definitely slows me down a lot !

By the way in my opinion the complainers are right in one point, that BBRY should not focus on stickers, that's something third party ppl could care of. BBRY should focus on bringing bbm video cross platform and fix the problems on iOS, android and WP

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 05:19 AM
    I don't really care about all the complainers. I care about my fastest way of communication, and the new order of choice definitely slows me down a lot !

By the way in my opinion the complainers are right in one point, that BBRY should not focus on stickers, that's something third party ppl could care of. BBRY should focus on bringing bbm video cross platform and fix the problems on iOS, android and WP

Posted via CB10
    Two things. First of all technically the fastest way to communicate would be without using emoticons at all. You don't need to use them and they slow you down a lot!

Second BBRY does not focus on stickers, that's something third party people make and provide to BBRY for use in BBM once approved.

Posted via CB10
    eduzojordan likes this.
    12-13-14 05:27 AM
    @ 2) I think you always get the basic BBM Sticker Pack preloaded, so that's what it would default to.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    OK. I'm not sure what the basic sticker pack is that's preloaded. Which set is that? I've only had the small default emoticons preloaded. I've had to install every other pack which also included the ones that are mimicked by stickers. I'm not sure what comes with new devices now such as the Passport etc... What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 05:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    OK. I guess you're not the one to ask.

I was not asking about complainer's complaints. I was asking why do people install several sets if they claim not to like them, and what are the results if none are installed separately. Meaning they would most likely just go directly to the default emoticon set. But I don't know for sure because I have stickers installed.

I would just tend to think as others have stated... If you don't like them don't download them.

Thanks anyway.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 05:54 AM

Second BBRY does not focus on stickers, that's something third party people make and provide to BBRY for use in BBM once approved.

Posted via CB10
    You just said it yourself ?! They have to approve them. ( more work to do) and they just focused on them by making stickers default !

@mad
    I totally agree with you. "If you don't like it, don't use it." I ain't complaining about something if I don't have to use it.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 05:54 AM
    Cause want to try. Cause one time it could be cool. But don't want to have them allais first

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 06:12 AM
    Cause want to try. Cause one time it could be cool. But don't want to have them allais first

Posted via CB10
    Right. That's what I'm trying to get at. I understand making a single purchase if you want to try, but I rarely (never) see anyone who says they don't like them have only that first set. They always have more than one...

I would like to see some screen shots of their first and ONLY set from those that have said they hated them.

The only remedy I see for this is the ability to delete sets. Because many of us that beta tested ask for this change NOT to occur upon official release. They are obviously not listening.

So as long as they continue to implement this behavior, people should avoid downloading them in the first place or continue to ask for the ability to delete them. Which they also received requests for and have ignored.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-13-14 06:30 AM
    They should ABSOLUTELY give the option to have emotions or stickers by default when opening the emoticons icon. Like ABSOLUTELY. Forcing me to use something is not cool.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    tan_okan, jaydee5799 and Signhere like this.
    12-13-14 06:37 AM
    As a beta tester for BBM, I complained and actually declared the software not ready for release because of the default that opens to stickers. Guess they don't care about what beta testers say either. Just make the $
    12-13-14 06:46 AM
    They should ABSOLUTELY give the option to have emotions or stickers by default when opening the emoticons icon. Like ABSOLUTELY. Forcing me to use something is not cool.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    I agree with everything except the last sentence. No one is forced to use them. People are just forced to skip over the sticker sets before getting to the default emoticon sets.

I would like the ability to delete some sets.
    The ability to favorite a most used/liked set for default.
    And/or the default behavior to return to the last set used.

Also. I would like the ability to use multiple emoticons in succession. I don't like having to go back several instances to create a row of emoticons.

All this has been reported to them by Numerous testers. You see the results....

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-13-14 06:56 AM
    I'm talking to my wife and I just wanted to send her small morning yawn right away and WWE superstars came up as my default??. Yup, it's getting childish.

Posted via CB10
    daniel337 likes this.
    12-13-14 07:14 AM
    Very childish, they should focus on functionality, BBM Meetings and Voice over BBM don't even work in the UAE.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 07:17 AM
    As a beta tester for BBM, I complained and actually declared the software not ready for release because of the default that opens to stickers. Guess they don't care about what beta testers say either. Just make the $
    Making money IS more important, no money no BBM. Simple

Posted via CB10
    eduzojordan, tjseaman and Blacula like this.
    12-13-14 08:00 AM
    I just ignore them. I guess they need to start appealing to younger the generation. What kids wants to download bbm when Imessage and face is all they know.
    12-13-14 08:15 AM
    What I here is people complaining and not wanting a company to create an ecosystem around BBM. The company needs to be creative and offer people what they want, just because you might not like it, doesn't mean other aren't buying the product. People will always complain about something no matter what!
    Blacula likes this.
    12-13-14 08:40 AM
    Very childish, they should focus on functionality, BBM Meetings and Voice over BBM don't even work in the UAE.

Posted via CB10
    Check to see if your country allows you to use it before trashing BBM!
    12-13-14 08:41 AM
87 123 ...