hi. just a question:

i installed bbm on my tablet (android). registered, and used my current BBID. I got a question:

this ID used on another device - do you want to transfer?
    [exit] [transfer]

I chose to transfer... and my tabled got another PIN.

now the question:

does it mean that I cannot use the same BBID on two devices? If I transfer, it means that no more bbm to my blackberry?

plz help.

btw: friend installed on his device. sent me invitation about 1 hour ago. and I still haven't received it.
    10-24-13 03:19 PM
    unfortunately only one BBID per device.
    10-24-13 04:06 PM
    Hmm... This is confusing. I have one BBID across a Torch 9850, two PlayBooks and a Z10... each has its own PIN though...
    10-24-13 04:18 PM
    You can use your ID on different devices but everytime you do it will require you to unregister the other device basically. I truly hope BB can find a way to bridge BBids for multiple devices but i am not sure if it comes to life.
    10-24-13 04:20 PM
    You can switch devices and all contacts and groups will transfer, but you can only use it on a single device!

I would also love it as a multidevice messenger, but the D,R functionality may be the deal breaker...

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-24-13 04:26 PM
    Consider this possibility.
    Since BB cares about security... is it feasible to have only one BBID (email) linked to different devices, but each registered device would have a different additional password? In short, signingin BlackBerry would ask for
    a) BBID
    b) name device and PIN
    c) password.
    10-24-13 04:50 PM
    well, this sux then.
    as maybe, when I play around with my tablet, I do not want to look at the phone as well.

i.e. viber allows you to have same account on multiple devices, as it uses a phone number instead of pin.

but anyway: so now, if i want to have my bbm working on my 9780 bold, I need to do some magic and to transfer my bbm to this device?! how?
    10-25-13 03:58 AM