I've had BBM for years, with no hassles...
    My wife has a Sony Xperia, so with the new BBM for Android out, I thought I'd put it on her phone - signed up, waited a day, bingo, BBM for Android, and it's working perfectly!!!
    Cut to 3 days later - 200 Arabic invites PER DAY! are now hitting her phone... I can't find any way of stopping these invites coming in, her PIN isn't advertised anywhere...
    I've now removed BBM off her phone as it's going off every 5 to 10 minutes with invites...

Anyone else struck this since BBM for Android has come out?

Cheers,
    Richard
    10-27-13 01:54 AM
    yes .. there is not much that can be done a dev has sold pin sharing app there ... someone else got a better explanation?
    10-27-13 02:03 AM
    yes .. there is not much that can be done a dev has sold pin sharing app there ... someone else got a better explanation?
    There's also several Android apps that have it now as well. All you can do is ignore and block forever.
    zocster likes this.
    10-27-13 02:06 AM
    Yeah, but she's not going to be happy individually blocking and ignoring invites every 10 minutes...

They need a better invite system...

Cheers,
    Richard
    10-27-13 02:09 AM
    Signup for a new account with a new pin? Sounds like your pin is shared some where.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 04:55 AM
    That's just it - she's a brand new BBM member - the only person that knows her PIN is me...

Cheers,
    Richard
    10-27-13 05:24 AM
    That's just it - she's a brand new BBM member - the only person that knows her PIN is me...

Cheers,
    Richard
    Hmm yeah, does a Google search of her pin bring up any results?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 07:19 AM
    had the same issue as well but not as bad as your wife's. The first week bbm officially became available for android/iphone I received several bbm invites on my 9900. It makes me think that these people are just randomly pingings BBM pins to see if they get a hit or a miss.
    Today I got another invite (I can't screen shot on the bold) but the gist of the invite was "nigerian prince" like that scam emails they send out
    11-06-13 04:41 PM
    28 M CA pin:2AE68EA6
    11-18-14 07:21 PM