Moto X 2014, stock Android 6, rooted.

Used to work without any issues, however for two days i used another device. When coming back to the Moto, BBM is stuck on 'Setting up BBM', never reaches the question if i want to switch devices. Tried everything, including factory reset, heck, in desperation i even flashed the whole firmware again on the phone. I also changed my BB ID password and email, no change. I THINK that it's somehow related to my BB ID, because if i use a different BB ID it connects! However, the ID that won't connect on the Moto works without any issues both on my Z30 and my Priv. Tried installing it from different google accounts in Google Play, tried installing an older version, no matter what i do, it won't work. In the notification bar it says 'BBM - connected'. There is no firewall or similar security software on the phone, i tried on wireless only, 4G only, both activated, internet access and speed is not an issue. I logged out from the BBM on the Priv, shut down the Z30. No change. I really don't know what else to do.

If you guys have any ideas, i'm all ears. However please save your breath if you want to recommend the usual fixes (like force stop, clear data, check time etc). All of that and more (see what i wrote before) was tried and tested without any success.

Thank you.

le. it's been now nearly 36 hours since BBM is trying to connect. i don't think waiting is the solution.
    Last edited by orbazan; 04-25-16 at 02:08 AM.
    04-24-16 07:57 AM
    It happens once in 30 days to isolated cross platform BBM users. Just wait it out. BBM is anyway's a late 90's relic that can't keep up with traffic of today the same way Whatsapp/Skype etc handle monumental amount of data transfer on a daily basis.
    04-24-16 08:18 AM
    It happens once in 30 days to isolated cross platform BBM users. Just wait it out. BBM is anyway's a late 90's relic that can't keep up with traffic of today the same way Whatsapp/Skype etc handle monumental amount of data transfer on a daily basis.
    it's been now nearly 36 hours since BBM is trying to connect. i don't think waiting is the solution.
    04-25-16 02:11 AM