View Poll Results: Did your BBM notification get put in your Gmail SPAM folder?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I was wondering why it was taking so long.

2 66.67%
  • No. It appeared in my Inbox.

1 33.33%
    Just curious. I signed up for BBM for Android on my Xperia and used my Gmail account for it. The notification for BlackBerry wasn't showing (the notification on my mail.com account for my iPhone showed up within a few hours). Lo and behold, Gmail had put the email from BlackBerry in my SPAM folder. Reading a few threads, it seems I'm not alone. Curious to know if this is a common occurrence?
    diegonei and vrud like this.
    10-22-13 04:03 PM
    If it shows up in the spam folder, then it's likely due to flagging one of their previous emails as spam.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    10-22-13 04:08 PM
    Gee. That could be a problem. I'll check with my Mum and see if it happened to her (I managed to by pass it yesterday, but the email should come anyway).

If it shows up in the spam folder, then it's likely due to flagging one of their previous emails as spam.

well yeah, but that's not the only case... People could have strict policies on (like I do on outlook - anything that is not from a contact goes into spam)...
    10-22-13 04:10 PM
    Well tried Google?!

Q10 ? OS 10.2.1.575+1792 Radio
    10-22-13 04:12 PM

Cheers. I wouldn't have flagged anything from BlackBerry as spam (and BlackBerry is linked to my main account). My Gmail account is basically a burner account for signups and it's filled with spam. What's funny to me is that the real spam shows up in my inbox. When I checked the spam folder there was just the BBM notification.
    10-22-13 04:13 PM
    Just to be clear, I'm not ragging on Google or accusing them of deliberately trying to sabotage BBM...

I'm happy to see that BBM on Android is now listing as the top free app in the Google Play Store. Just putting it out there in case there are a lot of users who are getting their notification flagged as spam on Gmail for whatever reason.
    Attached Thumbnails BBM on Android POLL.  Gmail users getting notification in SPAM folder?-googleplay.jpg  
    diegonei likes this.
    10-22-13 04:25 PM