According to a blog post at the Inside BlackBerry Blog, BBM will soon be available on Android 2.3.3

Great news.

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    01-28-14 01:01 PM
    01-28-14 01:02 PM
    Yeap read about this. Glad its official. Its a smart move

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    01-28-14 01:05 PM
    Great. Anyone know if it's coming with the same capabilities of BBM 2.0?

Posted via awesome BlackBerry Z10!
    01-28-14 01:15 PM
    I wonder if the PlayBook will be able to run that apk.
    01-28-14 01:35 PM
    Hope this works for my sister's old Droid Pro. Should, but...

She misses out on all the good apps.

Check out my AZ MTB Channel C0006F5EB
    01-28-14 03:01 PM
    Oh I hope so. I thought they'd get more older phone people on verge of buying a new phone than ios7 or android 4+.

Have another three 2.3.3 contacts that will be nice to get on BBM.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 03:24 PM
    Yea...gingerbread might get support by February...when the updated bbm 2.0 hits ios,android and bb devices

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 03:47 PM
    I wonder if the PlayBook will be able to run that apk.
    I am wondering the same thing. Unless BlackBerry blocks it, it should.
    01-28-14 04:04 PM
    Great. Anyone know if it's coming with the same capabilities of BBM 2.0?

I don't see why it wouldn't. Doesn't all the other messaging services, Whatsapp, Viber, etc. have all its features available for all who have the service regardless of the phone or software?

If so, it would be stupid and bad of BB to exclude certain features. Those companies can do it but not the mighty BlackBerry?
    01-28-14 04:44 PM
    I don't see why BB didnt have BBM for all Android users from the get go. Especially when gingerbread makes up such a big amount of Android users (which is also proof that most people don't care about high end because they don't need it and that there's a huge non high end market). I find it stupid and bad to exclude some users when other messaging services don't.

I find that BB should make BBM available for everyone and everything.
    01-28-14 04:49 PM
    Great.
    But where is a new version for iOS that addresses the terrible bugs on this platform?
    Where is a Windows phone version?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 05:30 PM
    I don't see why it wouldn't. Doesn't all the other messaging services, Whatsapp, Viber, etc. have all its features available for all who have the service regardless of the phone or software?

If so, it would be stupid and bad of BB to exclude certain features. Those companies can do it but not the mighty BlackBerry?
    I see and agree with you, but if BlackBerry didn't release for this version since the beginning, there is clearly a limitation. I really don't know what, but if there is something, we will se soon. Hope they can bring BBM 2.0 for everyone.

01-28-14 07:01 PM
    Great.
    But where is a new version for iOS that addresses the terrible bugs on this platform?
    Where is a Windows phone version?

Posted via CB10
    What bugs? I use it on an iPod touch on iOS 6 and it has worked flawlessly so far.

And it should be on Windows Phone too, it should be everywhere, but maybe it hasn't been released on WP yet because BB first wanted release it on the two largest platforms and then the rest. I doubt it hasn't been released on WP yet because the amount of Windows Phone users isn't big enough because if BB wants BBM to be used over the competition and if Whatsapp is on WP, then BBM should be there too.

I wonder how I would go if BB charged the same or a little less than Whatsapp on the platforms that Whatsapp charges in like iOS.
    01-29-14 12:30 AM
    I see and agree with you, but if BlackBerry didn't release for this version since the beginning, there is clearly a limitation. I really don't know what, but if there is something, we will se soon. Hope they can bring BBM 2.0 for everyone.

That doesn't means there's clearly a limitation. There could be various reasons why BBM wasn't released on Gingerbread from the get go, none having to do with limitations. One possible reason alone is BB doing dumb headed moves. Another is maybe it would have taken longer to release BBM on Android. I really don't see how Voice Calls, Video Calls, Channels, Glimpse, etc. could not be done on Gingerbread, especially when other services have those features on Gingerbread and I wouldn't be surprised if on even older versions and other operating systems like Symbian and webOS.
    01-29-14 12:35 AM
    What bugs? I use it on an iPod touch on iOS 6 and it has worked flawlessly so far.

And it should be on Windows Phone too, it should be everywhere, but maybe it hasn't been released on WP yet because BB first wanted release it on the two largest platforms and then the rest. I doubt it hasn't been released on WP yet because the amount of Windows Phone users isn't big enough because if BB wants BBM to be used over the competition and if Whatsapp is on WP, then BBM should be there too.

I wonder how I would go if BB charged the same or a little less than Whatsapp on the platforms that Whatsapp charges in like iOS.
    If you take a closer look at the many related threads in this forum you will find that the experiences that people made with BBM on iOS are very "volatile". Some are ok like you are, but many experienced lack of stability, reliability and speed.
    I lost literally all of my iOS BBM friends back to Whatsapp due to this situation.
    WP support should be a strategic decision rather than based upon number of users. What if just on of all your friends has a Windows phone? Then the entire circle of friends has to stick to whatsapp or likes.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 03:17 AM
    Has anyone used the leaked gingerbread BBM apk?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-31-14 12:26 AM
    If you take a closer look at the many related threads in this forum you will find that the experiences that people made with BBM on iOS are very "volatile". Some are ok like you are, but many experienced lack of stability, reliability and speed.
    I lost literally all of my iOS BBM friends back to Whatsapp due to this situation.
    WP support should be a strategic decision rather than based upon number of users. What if just on of all your friends has a Windows phone? Then the entire circle of friends has to stick to whatsapp or likes.

Posted via CB10
    Its working perfectly now. Im sure they recently upgraded their servers. I have an ip5.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    01-31-14 03:05 AM
    Its working perfectly now. Im sure they recently upgraded their servers. I have an ip5.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Are you using a leak (BBM 2.0) or the last official BBM version?

01-31-14 12:45 PM

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Sorry, no.
    I was sitting with an iOS BBM friend the other day, both of us on the latest SW versions, and on Wifi and 3G with strong reception. We tried to figure out what the issues are that constantly bother our other friends when using BBM.
    While testing, we literally SAW the following happen:

• iOS user sends message A
    • BB user receives A; iOS gets green R
    • iOS sends B; B stays on grey network sign;
    • B never arrives on BB
    • after quite a while iOS sends message C to BB
    • BB receives C instantly; iOS gets a green R for C
    • message B still shows grey sign on iOS
    • 3 days later, message B still shows grey on iOS and never arrived on BB

No, it still doesn't work reliably. I wish it would. I'm about to losing my last BBM friends, and feel like nothing ever happens, except the release of channels and other features of less importance.
    02-05-14 03:27 AM
    Sorry, no.
    I was sitting with an iOS BBM friend the other day, both of us on the latest SW versions, and on Wifi and 3G with strong reception. We tried to figure out what the issues are that constantly bother our other friends when using BBM.

• B never arrives on BB

No, it still doesn't work reliably. I wish it would. I'm about to losing my last BBM friends, and feel like nothing ever happens, except the release of channels and other features of less importance.
    Let me tell you, I've never had this issue before, your BlackBerry must have something wrong or maybe the iPhone has something wrong.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 08:55 AM
    Sorry, no.

• B never arrives on BB

Hmm it seems fine for me. But obviously other users are reporting problems consistent with yours. This inconsistency on iOS must be fixed.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    02-05-14 09:58 AM
    Let me tell you, I've never had this issue before, your BlackBerry must have something wrong or maybe the iPhone has something wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Let me tell you that I have 3 different Blackberries, and that I had ~10 iOS BBM friends (not any more!), and we all had and still have these problems on a regular basis.

It does not help to close eyes and believe everything's good just because some people never had problems, and/or that defective devices must be the reason for all problems. There are tons of threads on CB reflecting the frustration of iOS BBM users (not so much Android, so I tend to believe that there is also a basic problem on iOS 7.x), not all of them do have defective devices that make their BBM fail.

I wish that BB would focus on resolving these issues with all their strength and competency that is still there, rather than doing channels and video calling etc. All these nice things don't matter, if the basic functionality, messaging, doesn't work reliably.
    02-06-14 08:22 AM
    Let me tell you that I have 3 different Blackberries, and that I had ~10 iOS BBM friends (not any more!), and we all had and still have these problems on a regular basis.

It does not help to close eyes and believe everything's good just because some people never had problems, and/or that defective devices must be the reason for all problems. There are tons of threads on CB reflecting the frustration of iOS BBM users (not so much Android, so I tend to believe that there is also a basic problem on iOS 7.x), not all of them do have defective devices that make their BBM fail.

I wish that BB would focus on resolving these issues with all their strength and competency that is still there, rather than doing channels and video calling etc. All these nice things don't matter, if the basic functionality, messaging, doesn't work reliably.
    I did not say BBM for IOS doesn't have issues but IOS limitation is a big reason for this and messages not sending is not something I see everyday, my friend said she had that happen once and I had this happen once yesterday but other than that it's the normal tick and D problem which we all know is an IOS limitation.

But again, I did not say your lying I'm just saying not everyone is experiencing those issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 10:00 AM
    I did not say BBM for IOS doesn't have issues but IOS limitation is a big reason for this and messages not sending is not something I see everyday, my friend said she had that happen once and I had this happen once yesterday but other than that it's the normal tick and D problem which we all know is an IOS limitation.

But again, I did not say your lying I'm just saying not everyone is experiencing those issues.

Posted via CB10
    It was not the normal tick and D problem, because the tick never appeared, as mentioned when I described the case. Which was, by the way, just one of many different problems that me and my friends experienced in this entire BBM/iOS environment, since this x platform thing got released.
    02-06-14 10:41 AM
28 12