I've recently been experiencing Android crashes (5.0), and the BBM app seems to be particularly volatile and could be the cause of the crashes.

I had a single contact and chat history with that contact, and both the contact and chat history have disappeared. If I check the dedicated BBM folder on the device storage, the photos and documents from the chat are still there.

My question is: in BBM, if you delete a contact, will the opposing phone have both the contact and the chat deleted? Or is this likely to be caused by a data-loss during the Android crash, and if so, where would I usually find chat history in order to investigate?
    02-27-21 02:49 AM
    I've recently been experiencing Android crashes (5.0), and the BBM app seems to be particularly volatile and could be the cause of the crashes.

I had a single contact and chat history with that contact, and both the contact and chat history have disappeared. If I check the dedicated BBM folder on the device storage, the photos and documents from the chat are still there.

My question is: in BBM, if you delete a contact, will the opposing phone have both the contact and the chat deleted? Or is this likely to be caused by a data-loss during the Android crash, and if so, where would I usually find chat history in order to investigate?
    If the contact deleted you his contact would disappear from your device but the chat history would remain and you'd still be able to chat with the contact. But if you delete the chat then you will need his contact to initiate a chat again, and in this case the crash probably deleted the chat somehow.

I would suggest reinstalling BBMe.
    02-27-21 08:20 AM
    The problem was caused by the other user having an accident with their phone and losing their BBM contacts , which in turn deletes the chat.
    Download iMessage for PC
    Last edited by PeterFitzgerald; 03-27-21 at 05:37 AM.
    03-09-21 03:14 AM