Another bug or could be dependant on Samsung but when a notification from bbm comes in it pauses the music plays then let's music play that's annoying. Bb needs to fix this or samsung cuz Google play music does not do this Google play music dips the music volume and let's the bbm tone play over it voice over style

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-10-13 09:28 AM
    As for you with the 4.4.1 are you sure you have on the persistent bbm service also remeber that's a port for the gs3 not the official kit kat so that could be a bug with bbm specifically but it should be reported to the bbm team

12-10-13 09:30 AM
    What BBM version ? If .84 please give me one link please....

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    I dont have any links bro.. I just have the apk.. Just need install.. No need download anymore.

Posted by Refan's Family
    12-10-13 08:59 PM
    Well now things have gotten funny just when I thought it was all fixed.

With 4.4.1 the BBM icon no longer disappeared from notification area, and I was getting actual notifications.
    HOWEVER, the actually notification has stopped working now on it's own, even though the icon still shows in the notification area.
    I have to actually launch BBM to get my notifications/messages - they come pouring in.

Nothing has changed on my phone. Co-workers and friends have the same type of issue (different phones).

This is absurd. It's a simple messaging app and it doesn't even work right. Not only does notification not work, but many times I would launch BBM and it would open to a blank screen... I wait and nothing happens, so I have to "minimize/close" it and then launch again and then it's alive.

I have no issues whatsoever using SMS (Textra) and I'm seeing less and less need for BBM. The only thing it provides is a more "live" feel with the D and R, but that's not a big deal. It's less reliable and just taking up memory.
    anon(823957) likes this.
    12-10-13 10:54 PM
    I wish the keyboard would have a "carriage return" instead of a "Send" button to support hard line breaks in a message.

Sent from my XT1080 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-11-13 06:25 AM
    Well now things have gotten funny just when I thought it was all fixed.

With 4.4.1 the BBM icon no longer disappeared from notification area, and I was getting actual notifications.
    HOWEVER, the actually notification has stopped working now on it's own, even though the icon still shows in the notification area.
    I have to actually launch BBM to get my notifications/messages - they come pouring in.

Nothing has changed on my phone. Co-workers and friends have the same type of issue (different phones).

This is absurd. It's a simple messaging app and it doesn't even work right. Not only does notification not work, but many times I would launch BBM and it would open to a blank screen... I wait and nothing happens, so I have to "minimize/close" it and then launch again and then it's alive.

I have no issues whatsoever using SMS (Textra) and I'm seeing less and less need for BBM. The only thing it provides is a more "live" feel with the D and R, but that's not a big deal. It's less reliable and just taking up memory.
    Exact same issue on my phone (as outlined on the previous page of this thread).

Getting really annoying because I rely on BBM instead of SMS. Being from Waterloo, BBM really caught on quickly as everyone here used to have BlackBerry devices.
    12-11-13 08:43 AM
    okay so as of recent my bbm started to lock up on me -_- it would freeze and i have to go into the android multitasking menu and kill it then reopen to be able to navigate bbm. also still kinds sucks i have access to the bbm beta to see whats new sigh
    12-22-13 09:34 AM
    Nj

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:19 PM
    BBM app needs a mayjor inprovement its slow as heck on android i dont recieve any messages or invites str8 away and when i click turn on what im listening to it dosent work!!! Blackberry sort it out as i and alot of other people rely on this app!!!

Sent from my C6603 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-22-13 06:20 PM
    BBM app needs a mayjor inprovement its slow as heck on android i dont recieve any messages or invites str8 away and when i click turn on what im listening to it dosent work!!! Blackberry sort it out as i and alot of other people rely on this app!!!

Sent from my C6603 using CB Forums mobile app
    It's a first gen app that's expected but the featureset is solid and it's updating fast

12-22-13 08:49 PM
    It's a first gen app that's expected but the featureset is solid and it's updating fast

Sorry, but no that's not expected. I'm not sure how you can make such a baseless statement with a straight face. No one installs an app expecting issues regardless of how new it is. Especially one from a major corporation like BlackBerry, after so much "beta testing."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    01-07-14 03:53 AM
    Sorry, but no that's not expected. I'm not sure how you can make such a baseless statement with a straight face. No one installs an app expecting issues regardless of how new it is. Especially one from a major corporation like BlackBerry, after so much "beta testing."

First of all its a free app! And theres no one forcing you or others to use it. Be patience.

Sent from my SM-N900 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-07-14 02:54 PM
    Nobody is crying here. To repeat, it's not expected to fail on release. Bugs yes, failure no.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-07-14 03:53 PM

Firstly they built it the best they can there are various andriod versions various skins different kernels all of which could expose bugs or cause issues with an app.

Secondly Because of andriod fragmentation different Oem kernels and skins as well as changes in andriod different users have different or the same bugs and issues. Some of said issues I may have come across or i have not gotten at all.

We all know Samsung and other manufacturers have released buggy os builds why not complain about that.

It's not a paid app and as well all know blackberry has had layoffs and issues so you cannot expect the application to be flawless.

So if it had too much bugs for you please don't complain or dont use the app simple if you are going to complain about the problem don't bash the app or the company behind it be a civilised adult and make note of said bugs and discuss it like we all are doing here so blackberry or crackberry reps can make note or report it to blackberry. Thanks

Omnitech likes this.
    01-08-14 05:03 PM
    Firstly they built it the best they can there are various andriod versions various skins different kernels all of which could expose bugs or cause issues with an app.

Secondly Because of andriod fragmentation different Oem kernels and skins as well as changed in andriod different users have different or the same bugs and issues. Some of said issues I may have come across or i have not gotten at all.

We all know Samsung and other manufacturers have released buggy os builds why not complain about that.

It's not a paid app and as well all know blackberry has had layoffs and issues so you cannot expect the application to be flawless.

So if it had too much bugs for you please don't complain or dont use the app simple if you are going to complain about the problem don't bash the app or the company behind it be a civilised adult and make note of said bugs and discuss it like we all are doing here so blackberry or crackberry reps can make note or report it to blackberry. Thanks

Where are you getting all this from in my post, are are you just venting?

The app was fine.

The service was bad, and that why - no - I do not use it.

01-08-14 05:04 PM
    I've turned into a BBM preacher since the BBMX launch. It's becoming an ever more difficult task. Kernels, oem's, builds - true - yet the other IMs just do the trick to keep the user connected.

With bbmx - true -It is unreliable at times - which makes it 100% unreliable as you never know when that time will be (and how many times).

And believe me trying to "comfort" people with 'be patient, they're working on it, it works like a dream between berries' is like shooting yourself in the foot - people just get annoyed and and even wonder why am I making all the effort...

Q1o
    01-09-14 02:54 PM

With bbmx - true -It is unreliable at times - which makes it 100% unreliable as you never know when that time will be (and how many times).

This 100x.

01-09-14 11:52 PM
    Actually Sometimes is the service providers fault there are too many variables to blame the app but you are right they are getting there and once all the features have been added all bb can do is refine the apps code and improve memory use

01-10-14 06:44 AM
    You cannot read clearly the image description posted on group because in few seconds it will fade and this is soooooo annoying!

Sent from multiple devices using Tapatalk
    01-10-14 07:25 AM
    Actually Sometimes is the service providers fault there are too many variables to blame the app but you are right they are getting there and once all the features have been added all bb can do is refine the apps code and improve memory use

I never blamed the app. I blamed the service, and it wasn't the carrier that was causing the issues.

Can be the best app ever developed but if the underlying service is unreliable or glitchy none of that matters. That was the ppint I was making.

01-11-14 12:33 AM
    Okay kool srry then but remeber yes bbm is cross platform but it will always work better in bb in hopes of people switching

01-11-14 08:19 AM
    You cannot read clearly the image description posted on group because in few seconds it will fade and this is soooooo annoying!

Just tap the image again to read the caption.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-11-14 04:55 PM
    Just tap the image again to read the caption.

Please use bbm for Android and tap the image on a group and tell me what's happening after that...

01-11-14 05:52 PM
    I did.

I knew this because a friend on Android asked about it so I told him this and he said it worked.

This is when the picture is not in full screen right?

01-11-14 08:02 PM
    Not in full screen. This is when you click the picture in a group and then the comment form and keyboard pop...

When i tap the pic its going full screen... No description... if you click the option on the right it has set as and save menu.

Last edited by bbhuh; 01-13-14 at 06:39 AM.
    01-12-14 03:42 AM
251 ... 7891011