Root your phone and flash a custom rom.

Send from my Rooted GT-I9300

Android Pin 748CC6CE
    That should never be a solution to an app problem.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    RJMarc and Thesmartmale like this.
    11-16-13 07:20 PM
    Thank God someone else is questioning the suggestion.. I was scratching my head trying to figure out why someone would go to that extreme to fix a problem with an app - especially one that shouldn't be too hard to fix since it was working fine until an update broke it.
    11-16-13 07:42 PM

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    True .. so then if you are not satisfied with an app just uninstall it and wait till its properly stable.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using CB Forums mobile app
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    11-16-13 10:56 PM
    i have an S4 and notifications never broke try reinstalling the app rooting / flashing a rom wont change that and is too extreme
    11-17-13 08:56 AM
    Yeah, I've already tried the reinstall - no difference.

I have a couple friends who have the same problem with different Android phones, and if you look at the reviews on Google Play, there are a lot of comments about the new update breaking notification - requiring people to launch the app to get the messages.
    11-17-13 10:36 AM
    Just notice, that this new bbm update cannot using other notification sound, only BBM tones still have sound, if i choose my custom sound for bbm notification, i hear no sound... so i miss some important bbm chat.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    11-17-13 09:01 PM
    Just notice, that this new bbm update cannot using other notification sound, only BBM tones still have sound, if i choose my custom sound for bbm notification, i hear no sound... so i miss some important bbm chat.

i have a custom sound and it works but im using one of the older blackberry bbm tones on my Samsung it works i think blackberry should include more sounds next time
    11-18-13 08:06 AM
    I'm having problems with lost messages. Sometimes it will even show as read when the message was never delivered. I sent a message 10 minutes ago and it still hasn't been delivered. Ones after and before was OK though.
    This happened before right after launch and I ended up uninstalling. Today I decided to try again and it's still happening.
    This is the core functioning and it's unreliable for me, which is the opposite of my expectation. It's very frustrating. I may end up uninstalling again but if so I'll be back. I'm not giving up hope because I remember how good it used to be.
    11-20-13 11:15 PM
    Wish the BBM icon on home screen would have a message indicator. Currently only the little BBM icon in the message bar shows a notification.

Sent from my XT1080 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-21-13 04:03 AM
    I am on the note 2. Was very unusable for me prior to the last update. So I Uninstalled and reinstalled on 11/15.
    My problem was. I only have one BBM contact. That user is on a 9930 (BIS). Messages back and forth took between 1 - 24 hours.
    So far, since 11/15 reinstall, this has not happened.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CB Forums mobile app
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    11-21-13 06:35 PM
    Now I've been able to install BBM App more than one in one handpone and all of them can be activated. Are you interest? I've the app that no need to download but just install it each app.. Feel like i've 7 BlackBerry's phone now (actually only one phone and its android, only have many BBM app in one android phone)

Posted by Refan's Family
    11-22-13 04:12 PM
    Now I've been able to install BBM App more than one in one handpone and all of them can be activated. Are you interest? I've the app that no need to download but just install it each app.. Feel like i've 7 BlackBerry's phone now (actually only one phone and its android, only have many BBM app in one android phone)

Posted by Refan's Family
    Interested? NO.
    I see no point of having 7 bbms on my phone, just one already drained my battery and slowing down my phone little bit.

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    11-23-13 07:18 PM

Posted by Refan's Family
    What BBM version ? If .84 please give me one link please....

Thank you

11-28-13 02:55 AM
    And.. one bug again :

In BBM group chat, time appear for message is very weird....
    Especially if one or more friend using blackberry handheld.

11-28-13 02:56 AM
    As for bugs the contacts list scrolls glitchy. So I think they should have a built in cache to have contact pictures stored and updated so when you go into the contacts tab it does not have to reload or download them. Also contacts view should have a large grid and and Small grid view in addition to the list view. Bug in a chat when you Swype from the left to the right some time it going back to the chat screen some times i get menu

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-01-13 07:37 PM
    Another bug sometimes the chat to the top of the list gets greyed out depending on what you are doing or what screen you came from. Missing the clear recent updates function as well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-01-13 07:41 PM
    I wise you could create a trusted group where once you became a member of the group, you no have to invite the member to have a private chat. This would be very handy within organizations. Have a directory of all the members.

Sent from my ME301T using CB Forums mobile app
    12-02-13 01:29 AM
    The latest update broke notifications for a lot of people.

When my display goes to sleep, the notification icon is no longer there and I don't receive any notifications. When I check running processes/services - I see BBM process is "restarting" - but it never actually does until you manually launch the app again. The cycle keeps repeating.

I uninstalled and reinstalled just in case, but no difference.

Wish I can just roll back to the previous version.
    I'm having this issue too. It's not happening every time the phone goes into standby, but its happening on a daily basis. All of a sudden, all my BBM messages from hours before will come flooding in.

FYI, on a Rooted SG3, running a custom ROM since before BBM came out - so no, rooting and running custom software is not a solution.
    12-02-13 09:47 AM
    I have the exact problem on nexus 4 running kit Kat. Reinstalled but same problem. Icon is set to always show but disappears when phone sleeps. It happens frequently over weekends, goes missing each time phone sleeps and the cycle keeps repeating. I have 1.2 GB free ram out of 2 GB total.
    12-08-13 12:46 AM
    And yet no response from blackberry? Bbm may not be compatible with android 4.4 or the newer custom roms. It's stable on Samsung s2 running 4.1 stock the whole day but the nexus 4 has lost the icon a million times today as the process cannot restart. Tried a few setups to no avail. Have to switch to whatsapp or chaton. The chaton process use only 8 mb ram.
    12-08-13 05:01 AM
    Interesting. Still on 4.3 and running own ROM on note 3. Only had a resync once. Running pretty solid at the moment. Another mod here running nexus 5 not aware of any issue. Agree though it is overdue for an update.
    12-08-13 05:18 AM
    As I mentioned in the other thread, after sideloading 4.4.1 on my Nexus 5 - the problem with BBM notifications went away.

It's been 2 days now, and the BBM process has never restarted on me... ie. BBM notification is always running in the notification bar.
    12-08-13 08:51 AM
    Broadcasting Takes A Lot Of Time To Go Through
    12-08-13 12:01 PM
    Strange but it seems to happen over the weekends. Come weekdays and it doesn't disappear. It happened for 2 weekends and by Sunday evening, it was stable. Not sure if it's anything I did (not much I can do in the setup anyway) or some phone to server "handshaking" that's causing the restart problem over weekends. Haven't received 4.4.1 OTA yet.
    12-08-13 08:09 PM
    As I mentioned in the other thread, after sideloading 4.4.1 on my Nexus 5 - the problem with BBM notifications went away.

It's been 2 days now, and the BBM process has never restarted on me... ie. BBM notification is always running in the notification bar.
    That's funny, as I loaded 4.4.1 on my GS3 (Custom ROM) and its gotten worse. Every time my CPU enters deep sleep, the BBM icon will still be there when I wake up my phone, but when I open the app, it disappears, reloads, and I get a flood of messages.
    12-09-13 02:49 PM
251 ... 678910 ...