He doesn't get it, cause he just joined the forums a few hours ago and didn't bother to read up on the thread to see what people were talking about.

That's what I meant by him being in over his head. The thread is only 5 pages, it couldn't have been that hard to do.

Installing BBM deleted like 2.5-3 hours off my battery life (if not used, more if I used it), and made my phone take factorable longer to charge due to battery usage. That was in addition to the annoying Ongoing Notification, and the constant undelivered messages.

2/3 of those issues could have been killed out of the gate had they used GCM.

If THAT was the case, it probably wouldn't have been *that* bad of an idea to simply keep the app installed and wait for them to roll out fixes, since unless I opened the app I wouldn't have issues and I could reliably force close it without having to worry about it restarting itself and continuing the battery drain. But that's not the case. The only way to get rid of those issues, is to uninstall it; and, if it isn't installed telling friends to install/use it is stupid. It's also disingenuous to recommend an app that causes issues on your device to other people, because you never know what effects it would have on their devices...

You tell them to use what you're actively using, not some theoretical choice.

Even if you don't even have a BBID and haven't signed in, the second you install this app it immediately starts itself and starts running in the background, draining your battery, etc.
    Please see point 3 in the ORIGINAL POST:
    3. Persistent notification icon in system tray, see detail in BBM has an annoying persistent notification �€” but you might not want to turn it off | Android Central (PS. Mods, sorry for the link to other forum, but at least it's Mobile Nation site). I myself turn it off and found no problems whatsoever.

Jesus..
    10-27-13 12:52 PM
    We've already covered the persistent notification.

P.S. The Ongoing Notification isn't the issue. Like other poster stated, you're COMPLETELY MISSING THE DAMN POINT. The App runs 100% of the time in the background and auto restarts itself. It drains battery and RAM spikes too high causing other apps to get Force Closed. This does not happen with other Messaging Products which use Platform-Specific Push Infrastructure/Services available to them...

Also doesn't fix the issues with messages getting stuck in Limbo, which you have failed to address in your attempt to debate and rehash things we've already covered ad nausea... Other than to say "wait for fixes..." And waiting for fixes for a messaging app/service that fails to deliver messages is kind of bunk... To put it lightly.

First the people here proclaim this as the most reliable messaging service, and then when it's falling all over itself they tell you to wait for fixes and deal with it cause it's a "version 1 release." Why would anyone in their rigiht mind suggest someone deal with these types of issues when solutions that work exist? Other than sheer, biased, unapologetic brand loyalty and fanning, that is...

"Jesus..."

Do I need to say it in French before you will understand? I'm capable...
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 10-27-13 at 01:05 PM.
    10-27-13 12:53 PM
    We've already covered the persistent notification.

P.S. The Ongoing Notification isn't the issue. Like other poster stated, you're COMPLETELY MISSING THE DAMN POINT. The App runs 100% of the time in the background and auto restarts itself. It drains battery and RAM spikes too high causing other apps to get Force Closed. This does not happen with other Messaging Products which use Platform-Specific Push Infrastructure/Services available to them...

Also doesn't fix the issues with messages getting stuck in Limbo, which you have failed to address in your attempt to debate and rehash things we've already covered ad nausea... Other than to say "wait for fixes..." And waiting for fixes for a messaging app/service that fails to deliver messages is kind of bunk... To put it lightly.

"Jesus..."

Do I need to say it in French before you will understand? I'm capable...
    Oh, you have google/babelfish do you? Very well done. You truly are a genius. Threats of French... J�sus (said with a French accent)

Anyway, saying that you've already covered things is totally besides the point. It's someone else's post to which you are supposed to contribute. I wasn't responding to anything you'd stated, but you seem to take everything personally.

For someone who doesn't like the BBM app, you sure are going out of your way to make your point.

Just for the record, BBM works perfectly on my phone (android), and all of my friends phones. But, seeing as though you're the expert you'll be able to explain why, if the app is to blame, why it works for many but not for you. Now, don't just say "whatsapp works, Facebook works" blah blah blah, because I would say it's obviously your handset that is to blame because it works on mine. Ludicrous statement isn't it? But that's what you sound like.

You say "the people here proclaim this as the most reliable message service" - the people here? Who, everyone?. You clearly don't like blackberry by the look of it. I guess you're a previous BB owner, now you're an android FB. Stick to Whatsapp.

If it doesn't work for you, don't use it. It really is that easy. BUT (and this is a big but), you're going to see what it's like in a week or two aren't you. You know, after they've released an update or two. You are, aren't you? Now be honest.
    Last edited by stevesavalas; 10-27-13 at 01:30 PM.
    10-27-13 01:19 PM
    Oh, you have google/babelfish do you? Very well done. You truly are a genius. Threats of French... J�sus (said with a French accent)

Anyway, saying that you've already covered things is totally besides the point. It's someone else's post to which you are supposed to contribute. I wasn't responding to anything you'd stated, but you seem to take everything personally.

For someone who doesn't like the BBM app, you sure are going out of your way to make your point.

Just for the record, BBM works perfectly on my phone (android), and all of my friends phones. But, seeing as though you're the expert you'll be able to explain why, if the app is to blame, why it works for many but not for you. Now, don't just say "whatsapp works, Facebook works" blah blah blah, because I would say it's obviously your handset that is to blame because it works on mine. Ludicrous statement isn't it? But that's what you sound like.

If it doesn't work for you, don't use it. It really is that easy. BUT (and this is a big but), you're going to see what it's like in a week or two aren't you. You know, after they've released an update or two. You are, aren't you? Now be honest.
    No. I won't.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-27-13 01:30 PM
    No. I won't.

Ok good, so there's really no point in following this thread any more then.
    Thanks for your 'input'.
    10-27-13 01:39 PM
    I wish for the next update there will be:
    1. Option for changing the text size (I want smaller size)
    2. Dark (Black) themes like in my z10
    3. The old notification sound (or an option to choose from sd card in the setting)
    The themes and text size is a MUST!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 01:45 PM
    Ok good, so there's really no point in following this thread any more then.
    Thanks for your 'input'.
    I have a much right to be here as you. Don't get your hopes up to high.

10-27-13 01:46 PM
    The themes and text size is a MUST!!!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Way too small on my phone! I would imagine text size will be coming pretty soon. Quite a surprising omission..
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-27-13 01:47 PM
    I have a much right to be here as you. Don't get your hopes up to high.

True. Childish, but true.
    10-27-13 01:48 PM
    I read this somewhere else, can't remember tho, but if it used GCM the notifications would go through Google servers thus losing one of the reasons that makes bbm so popular, it's security.
    Do you think they can let users choose?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 01:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    I feel you're about to incur the wrath of 'n8ter#AC' lol
    10-27-13 02:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    They could put an option in settings for those who don't want the app to stay resident.

However. The messages do not have to go through Google servers, and we covered this after that post.

10-27-13 02:06 PM
    Good post but it's best that you guys make threads in blackberry beta zone. Then your concerns will be sent right to blackberry. Then you can link that thread into crackberry/imore/android central with a thread like you just made so more people can sign up then reply to it. This will be the best way to get your needs noticed by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Never mind will ignore the offender.

In a group chat. A bookmark function like WhatsApp where it till continue where your last read in a thread.

Z30-Q10-Z10-iP5
    10-27-13 11:34 PM
    Quite some argument you two have here... LoL

In my opinion, one of the reasons BB designed BBM the way it's working right now is recent updates. Since we can't disable recent updates, unlike in the BBOS devices, the app needs to keep running. I may be wrong but that's my take in this case. I do hope BB changed this in the next update since this feature consumed battery life and data usage.

As for reliability of messages delivery, I find it very reliable. That said, perhaps the issue is caused by your providers or bad signal coverage.

Installing BBM deleted like 2.5-3 hours off my battery life (if not used, more if I used it), and made my phone take factorable longer to charge due to battery usage. That was in addition to the annoying Ongoing Notification, and the constant undelivered messages.
    10-28-13 04:01 AM

In my opinion, one of the reasons BB designed BBM the way it's working right now is recent updates. Since we can't disable recent updates, unlike in the BBOS devices, the app needs to keep running. I may be wrong but that's my take in this case. I do hope BB changed this in the next update since this feature consumed battery life and data usage.

As for reliability of messages delivery, I find it very reliable. That said, perhaps the issue is caused by your providers or bad signal coverage.
    Happened on wifi well . Covered that already. Multiple screens shots have been uploaded to here.

Last edited by n8ter#AC; 10-28-13 at 08:12 AM.
    10-28-13 07:26 AM

I agree with you on the recent update point. I don't know if it's true but it does sound right. Reliability of messages is caused due to server load I think, should be fixed soon

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 08:06 AM
    I'm using BBM on an LG Optimus G (running 4.0.4).

Every time I click the "smiley" to select an emoticon, and then click on the emoticon I want, the app force closes. Anyone else notice this? Or is this just happening with my setup?
    10-28-13 08:32 AM
    It's working fine for me. I'm using Nexus 4 running 4.3

I'm using BBM on an LG Optimus G (running 4.0.4).

Every time I click the "smiley" to select an emoticon, and then click on the emoticon I want, the app force closes. Anyone else notice this? Or is this just happening with my setup?
    10-28-13 09:27 AM
    As much as I like x-platform BBM, I've just deleted it from my GNex.
    Once it gets feature parity with BBM on BB10, then I'll give it a second chance.
    10-28-13 10:05 PM
    there is another bug, the emoticons are too small to pick and often failed to be picked.
    sorry for bad english
    10-29-13 03:26 AM
    I use a Samsung Galaxy S4. It would be nice to have a pop-up notification for incoming BBM messages. I was excited to use BBM, but must stick with WhatsApp until BBM adds the pop-up notification feature. I so hope it does in the near future. Thank you.
    10-29-13 09:35 AM
    I use a Samsung Galaxy S4. It would be nice to have a pop-up notification for incoming BBM messages. I was excited to use BBM, but must stick with WhatsApp until BBM adds the pop-up notification feature. I so hope it does in the near future. Thank you.
    I use an app called Floating Notifications to do that. It's very customizable and has a free 14 day trial.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-29-13 10:00 AM
    Thank you raysgrumpy! However, since I use Samsung Galaxy s4, there is a bug that makes the phone read things alound if an add on accessibility is enabled. It would be great great great if BBM could integrate a pop-up notification in the app itself.
    Last edited by vdrof; 10-29-13 at 12:31 PM.
    10-29-13 10:57 AM
251 ... 45678 ...