Android 4.3 forces the notification/icon even if the app tries to hide it.

And most users do not root their phones, so it doesn't matter what you have an app for.
    ?? My phone isn't rooted. Widgetsoid is in the play store, take a look for yourself. There are other apps that successfully 'hide' the ongoing notification icon. Go take a look, unless that 'doesn't matter' either......

And going back to what I said earlier, devs have the option of hiding the ongoing notification icon by simply making the icon a transparent square, or circle, or whatever. So it's still there, but because it's transparent.........
    10-27-13 10:33 AM
    That explains it a bit better. I'm only going off what I've read (possibly on here) as I would've thought something like GCM would've been fine.

I'd much prefer it that way tbh unless they can hide the notification from the status bar. Then it won't matter, to me personally.
    They won't need ongoing notification or a huge service if they used the native push notes. That's the point many of us have been trying to make.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-27-13 10:36 AM
    ?? My phone isn't rooted. Widgetsoid is in the play store, take a look for yourself. There are other apps that successfully 'hide' the ongoing notification icon. Go take a look, unless that 'doesn't matter' either......
    It doesn't. Like I said no such thing is needed for Facebook, WhatsApp, Hangouts, etc.

When you accept that, you'll understand the issue better.

I don't want to run yet another unnecessary app on my device, and since BBM is so late and lacking in features it quickly fell into that category itself.

Edit: Oh God... No I do not want that crap on my phone.

10-27-13 10:38 AM
    It doesn't. Like I said no such thing is needed for Facebook, WhatsApp, Hangouts, etc.

When you accept that, you'll understand the issue better.

I don't want to run yet another unnecessary app on my device, and since BBM is so late and lacking in features it quickly fell into that category itself.

Edit: Oh God... No I do not want that crap on my phone.

If you don't want another unnecessary app on your phone, just delete it & leave the forum....
    And saying that Facebook / whatsapp etc. don't have the icon shows that you are indeed misunderstanding. I simply stated that it IS possible to have the ongoing notification icon hidden from view. You disagreed saying that Google forces it to be there. I agree, but I insist that it's possible for the icon to be present, but INVISIBLE via the magic of transparency.

I understand your issue - that you don't want an app to constantly use your precious 1gb memory. Get over it or delete the app.

If you don't what 'crap' on your phone (if, by 'crap', you mean widgetsoid, which proves you don't really understand what it can do), what DO you have on your phone. Or are all apps that use RAM crap!?
    10-27-13 10:51 AM
    If you don't want another unnecessary app on your phone, just delete it & leave the forum....
    And saying that Facebook / whatsapp etc. don't have the icon shows that you are indeed misunderstanding. I simply stated that it IS possible to have the ongoing notification icon hidden from view. You disagreed saying that Google forces it to be there. I agree, but I insist that it's possible for the icon to be present, but INVISIBLE via the magic of transparency.

I understand your issue - that you don't want an app to constantly use your precious 1gb memory. Get over it or delete the app.

If you don't what 'crap' on your phone (if, by 'crap', you mean widgetsoid, which proves you don't really understand what it can do), what DO you have on your phone. Or are all apps that use RAM crap!?
    Stop crying. I do more on my phone than PING preople. I know what it can do. I can read. I don't want or need crap like that on my phone. I run. A pretty tight ship here IRT what I install on my device.

Facebook and WhatsApp don't need a notification. There is nothing misunderstanding about that.

My phone is a 2GB RAM device.

My issue with BBM was that it failed to deliver messages consistently. Please educate yourself on the issues. My posting history is not private info.

Off you go.

10-27-13 10:54 AM
    Me and some friends are uninstalling it. We're having too many issues where messages aren't being delivered. A reply I sent at 1733 just got delivered at 2054...

At the moment no messages we send to each other are being delivered.

I just typed like 300 words in BBM messages that will likely not get delivered until tomorrow morning. I'm kinda pissed about that. The RAM size is causing apps to get shut down while multi-tasking for friends who use phones with 1GB RAM. It's growing to 90-110MB RAM usage.

We can't use it at the moment.

Its performance penalty is a showstopper for some, and the reliability in message delivery is not there...

Attachment 213506
    Attachment 213499

P.S. I've known how to turn the Notification off since Day 1, but it's not going to work for people with 1GB devices, and if friends that I get to use it can't send/receive messages because the app is getting shut down in the background, what is the point of even bothering to use it to begin with?

Friend was complaining earlier about his phone giving him issues that he never had before we started using this app (apps force closing when back grounded, mainly). I'm almost 100% sure it's because of the RAM usage of this app...
    I guess BlackBerry multi task differently than android. my z10 running Bbm has ram for days available for everything else I do. Sorry your having all those issues.

You wouldn't know good if it bit you in the...!
    10-27-13 11:01 AM
    Stop crying. I do more on my phone than PING preople. I know what it can do. I can read. I don't want or need crap like that on my phone. I run. A pretty tight ship here IRT what I install on my device.

Facebook and WhatsApp don't need a notification. There is nothing misunderstanding about that.

My phone is a 2GB RAM device.

My issue with BBM was that it failed to deliver messages consistently. Please educate yourself on the issues. My posting history is not private info.

Off you go.

"Stop crying" !? Haha OMG! How old are you? No, seriously... I've taken a look at some of your posts and you're pretty angry aren't you? BBM has just come out and it's your personal mission to put it down. Look, it's not my fault you don't have an up-to-date phone, so please, don't take it out on me.

Answer me this - if whatsapp & FB messenger are so good, why did you even try BBM? They both sit & use RAM, so what's the difference? Do us a favour, just delete the app & go pick another subject to whinge on.

Go on....

Off YOU go....

EDIT: Oh hang on,, I've just seen you're on Verizon. That explains it. Maybe there is your issue haha
    10-27-13 11:05 AM
    Okay, basically I created this thread to share known bugs and also list suggested improvements for BBM. Feel free to chime in as I will update the list based on the replies.

Known bugs:
    1. Music status update doesn't work properly
    2. Settings for "Show My Country and Time", and "Save Chat History" doesn't stick (it keeps turning itself off once you close BBM and re-open it)
    3. No option to turn off "Updates" nor ability to limit/clear the recent ones
    4. Inability to categorize contacts and change font/emoticon size
    5. Clicking on a new message in the notification shade takes us to the last open message we were in, not the new one
    6. Notifications for the same message going off more than once until we open it
    7. Swipe from the right does not open the menu. Instead, we have to click the three dots or use our android menu key
    8. Ping doesn't work (no vibrate) when we're pinging someone who currently is in the middle of conversation with us (their open chat windows are us.) Strangely, once they leave/close that chat windows, Ping works fine.
    9. In order to put emoticons in our status, we need to turn on Action Bar (which is huge thus quite disturbing during chat)
    10. In Group Chats, a lot of times, the messages appear out of order and are grouped under individual users rather than in the order they arrived.

Improvements needed:
    1. RAM usage: at this moment, BBM consumed 86 MB with 1 group and 3 active chats. It's a bit too excessive for me. Update: after a while, I noticed the memory used dropped to around 45-50MB. On the other hand, when trying to invite several friends, I noticed RAM usage fluctuated to a whopping 156 MB!

2. Low res pictures sent: yes we can tap and hold the pictures to request higher quality ones, but 15KB is a bit too small for me. It's a good idea to do that in legacy devices, not in Android phones (most of which come with higher than 4 inch screen). Anyway, some will find it a problem while some will not.

3. Persistent notification icon in system tray, see detail in BBM has an annoying persistent notification — but you might not want to turn it off | Android Central (PS. Mods, sorry for the link to other forum, but at least it's Mobile Nation site). I myself turn it off and found no problems whatsoever.

4. BBM Voice!!! Perhaps it will take some time to bring BBM Video to cross-platform BBM, but hopefully BBM Voice will be included in the near future's update. Update: nvm, it looks like BB has no plan to bring BBM Voice to Android version (perhaps so BB10 has higher appeals to the masses??)

5. Auto Text/Word Substitution is not present in this version of BBM. It's unclear whether we will receive it in the future or not since, as I recall in BBOS, auto text is embedded system-wise and not specific to BBM (ie. also present in email)

6. Option to turn-off BBM Group notification like one in 10.2 (current option is only to turn-off all notifications)
    Having the same issues on JellyBean.
    10-27-13 11:11 AM
    "Stop crying" !? Haha OMG! How old are you? No, seriously... I've taken a look at some of your posts and you're pretty angry aren't you? BBM has just come out and it's your personal mission to put it down. Look, it's not my fault you don't have an up-to-date phone, so please, don't take it out on me.

Answer me this - if whatsapp & FB messenger are so good, why did you even try BBM? They both sit & use RAM, so what's the difference? Do us a favour, just delete the app & go pick another subject to whinge on.

Go on....

Off YOU go....

EDIT: Oh hang on,, I've just seen you're on Verizon. That explains it. Maybe there is your issue haha
    Friend on AT&T same issues. All Verizon bloat is frozen on my phone. Not sure what your point is...

Etc.

A GS3 is not an up to date phone.

I'm convinced you're trolling me now.

10-27-13 11:11 AM

Go on....

Off YOU go....

I tried it cause it was hyped up. Usually of something is said to be so good, you want to get in on it ASAP. It was just hype. I've moved on from it.

Additionally, I used to own Blackberries, but this cross platform release is absolute rubbish compared to the BBM I used on OS 6. Again, failing to deliver messages is a huge faux past for a messaging service. If you can't trust it to deliver, it's as good as useless.

Would you ship UPS if they had a 50% chance of losing the package??? I'd say No.

I've alr any posted multiple screens over multiple days of those issues. Since your digging through my posts, I'm sure you eventually see them and hopefully shut up.

10-27-13 11:15 AM
    OMG you have icons on your notification bar. GET RID OF THEM!

Look, I simply stated that it's possible to hide an ongoing icon, but you refuse to accept this and have avoided the point. I suspect you've downloaded widgetsoid to see what I mean, unless you're too busy running your tight ship.

I'm not surprised certain things don't work well on your phone - you've had to disable so many things I'm surprised anything works lol.

So I'll ask again.... You have whatsapp & FB. So why even try BBM?

EDIT: "I've moved on from it". Erm, clearly not....
    10-27-13 11:18 AM
    OMG you have icons on your notification bar. GET RID OF THEM!

Look, I simply stated that it's possible to hide an ongoing icon, but you refuse to accept this and have avoided the point. I suspect you've downloaded widgetsoid to see what I mean, unless you're too busy running your tight ship.

I'm not surprised certain things don't work well on your phone - you've had to disable so many things I'm surprised anything works lol.

So I'll ask again.... You have whatsapp & FB. So why even try BBM?

EDIT: "I've moved on from it". Erm, clearly not....
    Either your English is bad or you have mental problems. Please read. I never cared as much as some about the notification, aside from the fact that people I wanted to use it with had 1GB phones and could not disable it for fear that the service would get shut down. My issue was the lack of consistent message delivery. I'm not just thinking selfishly. IM apps are only as good as the people on them. If friends get frustrated with it and leave, what value does it hold.

The service is still unreliable.

10-27-13 11:22 AM
    Either your English is bad or you have mental problems. Please read. I never cared as much as some about the notification, aside from the fact that people I wanted to use it with had 1GB phones and could not disable it for fear that the service would get shut down. My issue was the lack of consistent message delivery. I'm not just thinking selfishly. IM apps are only as good as the people on them. If friends get frustrated with it and leave, what value does it hold.

The service is still unreliable.

There you go again, starting a post with an insult. Or two in this case. My English is fine. I'm English you see. I have no mental problems, although some may disagree.

How can you get frustrated with an app after on a day or so. Give it a chance. You've heard of updates, right?

Please, delete the app. Forget about it. Carry on running your ship.
    10-27-13 11:29 AM
    There you go again, starting a post with an insult. Or two in this case. My English is fine. I'm English you see. I have no mental problems, although some may disagree.

How can you get frustrated with an app after on a day or so. Give it a chance. You've heard of updates, right?

Please, delete the app. Forget about it. Carry on running your ship.
    1. My phone doesn't have apps disabled because they need to be. They're disabled because I want them to be. there are no issues on my phone with Google Play Music/Books/Video/Magazines, yet I've disabled them. Why? Cause I don't use them, so why should I keep updating them etc. To look cute?

2nd. Most Version Apps on my phone are stubs. They aren't actually apps, they are links to within the Play Store to the App Listing. Carriers have been doing this for upwards of two years now in lieu of putting full apps on the phones. Did you miss that memo, or do you actually think "My Verizon Mobile" is a 132KB app?

3rd. I'm not going to use a Messaging App that continually puts my messages in Limbo while I wait for updates. Those types of issues force you to use alternative solutions, and if you're going to do that you mind as well drop the one that is having the issues. Most people are already on Facebook, WhatsApp, or Skype anyways, so at that point dealing with BBM is a waste of time and energy.

And you act like you haven't thrown a fair number of insults my way since you started quoting my posts in this thread, somewhere in that jumbled mess of text you're been regurgitating in this thread...

P.S. I don't use WhatsApp. I use Facebook Messenger and Skype. If you actually scanned my posts like you said, you'd see the screenshots from my device showing what was installed on my phone. I have never used WhatsApp, because it's worthless to use here as it only replaces SMS/MMS and everyone I know has Unlimited SMS/MMS. Facebook Messenger is used because it's like a glorified Address Book (assuming you don't friend any and everything) and Skype is used because the VoIP to Cells/Landlinds in areas where you only have WiFi and Video Calling is pro when coupled with the fact that it can be used from practically any platform and form factor in existence...

IM is used with some people who have work-issued devices and don't want a bunch of personal SMS/MMS showing up on the bill. That is why I still even bother with any of them. Otherwise, I'd just use SMS/MMS and only use Skype or Hangouts for Video Calling and VoIP when I need it.
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 10-27-13 at 11:44 AM.
    10-27-13 11:34 AM
    1. My phone doesn't have apps disabled because they need to be. They're disabled because I want them to be. there are no issues on my phone with Google Play Music/Books/Video/Magazines, yet I've disabled them. Why? Cause I don't use them, so why should I keep updating them etc. To look cute?

2nd. Most Version Apps on my phone are stubs. They aren't actually apps, they are links to within the Play Store to the App Listing. Carriers have been doing this for upwards of two years now in lieu of putting full apps on the phones. Did you miss that memo?

3rd. I'm not going to use a Messaging App that continually puts my messages in Limbo while I wait for updates. Those types of issues force you to use alternative solutions, and if you're going to do that you mind as well drop the one that is having the issues. Most people are already on Facebook, WhatsApp, or Skype anyways, so at that point dealing with BBM is a waste of time and energy.

And you act like you haven't thrown a fair number of insults my way since you started quoting my posts in this thread, somewhere in that jumbled mess of text you're been regurgitating in this thread...
    Jeez. (see, I can do American too)... Here is a quote from you from a few minutes ago on another forum:
    ----------
    " Originally Posted by n8ter#AC
    If you're on this forum you should know how to use a search engine. Keep rolling them eyes, though. Might see the light somewhere in the space at the back of your head.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4"
    ----------
    There's your typical abusive, antagonistic and childish comment.
    Someone responded with:
    ----------
    "Your a mouthy one aren't ya. There's no need to insult him.Every post is negative and a insult to people's intelligence. Post your proof then. Show us those keys you know how to hack.

OK excuse as to why you can't in three.....two...one....

You wouldn't know good if it bit you in the...!"
    ----------
    So I suppose you're the same with everyone. I've thrown no insults, just offered my opinion, which you refuse to allow me to do.
    So, off you go fat boy (oh, I CAN do insults).
    Keep running that ship...
    10-27-13 11:40 AM
    Jeez. (see, I can do American too)... Here is a quote from you from a few minutes ago on another forum:
    ----------
    " Originally Posted by n8ter#AC
    If you're on this forum you should know how to use a search engine. Keep rolling them eyes, though. Might see the light somewhere in the space at the back of your head.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4"
    ----------
    There's your typical abusive, antagonistic and childish comment.
    Someone responded with:
    ----------
    "Your a mouthy one aren't ya. There's no need to insult him.Every post is negative and a insult to people's intelligence. Post your proof then. Show us those keys you know how to hack.

OK excuse as to why you can't in three.....two...one....

You wouldn't know good if it bit you in the...!"
    ----------
    So I suppose you're the same with everyone. I've thrown no insults, just offered my opinion, which you refuse to allow me to do.
    So, off you go fat boy (oh, I CAN do insults).
    Keep running that ship...
    I'm 5'4" and 130#

Please try harder...
    10-27-13 11:48 AM
    I'm 5'4" and 130#

Please try harder...
    Oh good comeback, short stuff.
    Kind of explains things...
    I won't try to make fun of you. I'm sure you get that all the time.
    Go run your ship :-)
    10-27-13 11:50 AM
    Oh good comeback, short stuff.
    I won't try to make fun of you. I'm sure you get that all the time.
    Go run your ship :-)
    I don't. I don't tend to hang around people like you in real life. Unfortunate, we cannot dictate what logs into these forums.

You joined yesterday and you're trying to be a pro defender. You don't know my history with these products. You're in over your head. I suggest you take a back seat and read up before you attempt to lecture me on this forum, son.

10-27-13 11:54 AM
    I don't. I don't tend to hang around people like you in real life. Unfortunate, we cannot dictate what logs into these forums.

You joined yesterday and you're trying to be a pro defender. You don't know my history with these products. You're in over your head. I suggest you take a back seat and read up before you attempt to lecture me on this forum, son.

So true. Now, just delete BBM and go and find another forum to insult people.
    I won't continue to argue with you any more. I won't lower myself to your level (get it?)
    Seriously, you need to stop hiding behind your phone on these forums (and you probably could hide behind yours), and start accepting people's opinions for what they are.
    I guess you've finally accepted that an ongoing notification icon CAN be hidden, your objection to which, was the start of you inane drivel.
    Go back and read some of your posts on this, and other forums. Then take a good look at yourself.

As for being "in over my head" - that's rich coming from you short stuff. You know nothing about me or what I do.
    You sir, are a troll. Quite clearly. Everything must descend into an argument. Make you feel big?
    10-27-13 12:01 PM
    Add me to ignore if you don't like my posts.

The only troll I see is the person who joined less than 24 hours ago so he can incite more argument on the forum.

That isn't me, BTW. That's you.

Hiding behind my phone? Lol. You really are a patch work of bad chromosomes...

I'm done with you. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

You're in over your head because you're here trying to lecture posters who have been here engaging in discussions about things far longer than you've even been on the forum. Your account isn't even as old as the Cross Platform BBM release is at this point. You're totally clueless. Your only point is to argue with people who have something you perceive as negative (even if true) to say about a shoddy product, which is clearly evident from your very limited posting history.
    10-27-13 12:12 PM
    Add me to ignore if you don't like my posts.

The only troll I see is the person who joined less than 24 hours ago so he can incite more argument on the forum.

That isn't me, BTW. That's you.

Hiding behind my phone? Lol. You really are a patch work of bad chromosomes...

I'm done with you.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I joined because the forum interests me. My initial post was about hiding the notification icon, to which YOU quoted, before starting your routine abuse because you dislike my opinion. My statement about being able to hide the icon stands true. Shame you can't acknowledge that.
    Now, like i said, go and abuse other people please.
    Don't reply to this post. Do as you're told.
    10-27-13 12:18 PM
    Oh, I'm sorry. I joined because the forum interests me. My initial post was about hiding the notification icon, to which YOU quoted, before starting your routine abuse because you dislike my opinion. My statement about being able to hide the icon stands true. Shame you can't acknowledge that.
    Now, like i said, go and abuse other people please.
    Don't reply to this post. Do as you're told.
    Your initial post was something stupid about making the notification transparent, which Google has worked against in the Android 4.3 release, forcing the OS to show the icon even if a developer did that, which many were doing in the past to force their apps to run as foreground and prevent them from being killed in the background.

Your second suggestion was that I load that crappy widgetsoid app on my phone to do something that BBRY should be able to do themselves simply by using native GCM PNs which would remove the need for their application to run in the background. Removing the notification will not stop the battery drain a lot of people are getting because the app will still be running and restarting itself every time it is killed in the background...

In that suggestion, you made an incorrect assumption that:

1. My Phone only had 1GB RAM, and
    2. I was having issues with the App getting shut off in the background

Both of those are clearly wrong, which completely destroyed the credibility of that post. I made it quite clear that I comment on these matters because it affects people I know with whom I wanted to use the app. If those people cannot reliably use the application, then the point of me using it, even with a phone with far better specifications, is just not there. It's called thinking about something other than just me. There are tons of people using Mid Range or Older Android phones with lesser specs and only 1GB RAM.

You then told me my carrier was the issue... Then you said the Verizon Bloatware was an issue even though most of them were disabled and half the disabled ones are nothing but stub links to the Play Store Listing for those apps.

All you have done, was fish for ways to make it look like user error in an attempt to "one up" me or make me look bad - and failed horribly in the process.... Then you tried to drag another issue that has been cross posted into another thread where it has no belonging in an attempt to trash me... Good try there, buddy.

The other person told me to root my phone and remove it, which I won't do and will never tell anyone who BYOD's a device for work use to do.

You didn't post an opinion, you posted a suggestion. I posted an opinion (The app is crap and looks like crap), to which you took issue.

You're telling someone to run two apps on their phones to accomplish less than what can be accomplished with one other app that works correctly without an add-on. Additionally, the suggestion you made would do nothing but bloat up the phone more without solving the issue that I have posted extensively about (with proof) on this forum.

It's idiocy.

If you have an issue with that, that's a personal problem.

You don't' get to dictate when people reply here. You should have taken your own advice and never replied to me if you're apt to dipping out like that. That's not how it works around these parts.

Hit "Ignore" if you have an issue. I do not mind ;-)
    10-27-13 12:21 PM

And going back to what I said earlier, devs have the option of hiding the ongoing notification icon by simply making the icon a transparent square, or circle, or whatever. So it's still there, but because it's transparent.........
    You have completely missed the entire point. The issue isn't that there's a visible icon in the notification tray. It's what the forced icon represents that is the issue.

The average user coudn't care less if they can see the persistent icon sitting on the left side of the notification bar. What they DO care about is that it means there is an app that is always on, and adding to resource consumption. Use whatever method you wish to make the icon invisible, who cares? The problem is that the app is still actively running (whether you can see the icon or not), when a better app development/design wouldn't require it to be.
    10-27-13 12:27 PM
    You have completely missed the entire point. The issue isn't that there's a visible icon in the notification tray. It's what the forced icon represents that is the issue.

The average user coudn't care less if they can see the persistent icon sitting on the left side of the notification bar. What they DO care about is that it means there is an app that is always on, and adding to resource consumption. Use whatever method you wish to make the icon invisible, who cares? The problem is that the app is still actively running (whether you can see the icon or not), when a better app development/design wouldn't require it to be.
    He doesn't get it, cause he just joined the forums a few hours ago and didn't bother to read up on the thread to see what people were talking about.

That's what I meant by him being in over his head. The thread is only 5 pages, it couldn't have been that hard to do.

Installing BBM deleted like 2.5-3 hours off my battery life (if not used, more if I used it), and made my phone take factorable longer to charge due to battery usage. That was in addition to the annoying Ongoing Notification, and the constant undelivered messages.

2/3 of those issues could have been killed out of the gate had they used GCM.

If THAT was the case, it probably wouldn't have been *that* bad of an idea to simply keep the app installed and wait for them to roll out fixes, since unless I opened the app I wouldn't have issues and I could reliably force close it without having to worry about it restarting itself and continuing the battery drain. But that's not the case. The only way to get rid of those issues, is to uninstall it; and, if it isn't installed telling friends to install/use it is stupid. It's also disingenuous to recommend an app that causes issues on your device to other people, because you never know what effects it would have on their devices...

You tell them to use what you're actively using, not some theoretical choice.

Even if you don't even have a BBID and haven't signed in, the second you install this app it immediately starts itself and starts running in the background, draining your battery, etc.
    10-27-13 12:37 PM
    Your initial post was something stupid about making the notification transparent, which Google has worked against in the Android 4.3 release, forcing the OS to show the icon even if a developer did that, which many were doing in the past to force their apps to run as foreground and prevent them from being killed in the background.

Your second suggestion was that I load that crappy widgetsoid app on my phone to do something that BBRY should be able to do themselves simply by using native GCM PNs which would remove the need for their application to run in the background.

In that suggestion, you made an incorrect assumption that:

1. My Phone only had 1GB RAM, and
    2. I was having issues with the App getting shut off in the background

Both of those are clearly wrong, which completely destroyed the credibility of that post.

The other person told me to root my phone and remove it, which I won't do and will never tell anyone who BYOD's a device for work use to do.

You didn't post an opinion, you posted a suggestion. I posted an opinion (The app is crap and looks like crap), to which you took issue.

You're telling someone to run two apps on their phones to accomplish less than what can be accomplished with one other app that works correctly without an add-on. Additionally, the suggestion you made would do nothing but bloat up the phone more without solving the issue that I have posted extensively about (with proof) on this forum.

It's idiocy.

If you have an issue with that, that's a personal problem.

You don't' get to dictate when people reply here. You should have taken your own advice and never replied to me if you're apt to dipping out like that. That's not how it works around these parts.

Hit "Ignore" if you have an issue. I do not mind ;-)
    Again with the initial insult...

I think you're a little confused. My second post didn't suggest you download any app. I simply stated that it was available in the App Store because you incorrectly assumed my phone was rooted. It also seems that you think I suggested that app can hide BBM's icon. Please re-read the posts.
    At no point did I ever suggest you run two apps to accomplish one thing. When did I suggest this? I use widgetsoid to provide quick access to various volume & brightness profiles. Drag down the notification shade and select your profile. simple. I like it, but you say it's 'crappy'. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. It's a shame you can't allow others to voice their opinions without your derogatory comments continuously spouting from your furious little fingertips.
    Your 'opinion' of "the app is crap, and looks like crap" kind of sums you up. It's like a 6-year-old child that is stamping their feet on the floor having a strop (or whatever the US version of a strop is). Shouting "The app is crap, and looks like crap" with eyes squeezed shut and fists clenched. Thanks for the detailed review of the app, but don't give us any more reviews please.

Please don't speak of credibility either. You need to grow up a little and stop writing abusive garbage.

Delete BBM and forget about it. But you just can't let it go can you? Your obsession with deriding people clouds your judgement my friend. See, you can now say "you're not my friend" in your next abusive post. So childish. We should just resort to "my dad's bigger than your dad" and get it over with.
    10-27-13 12:46 PM
251 ... 34567 ...