Definite Bug,.. All Messages come in without Spaces Between them,.. So all Messages looks jumbled up... This is not the Case on IOS...

Eg...
    Definite Bug,..
    All Messages come in without Spaces Between them,..

So all Messages looks jumbled up...

This is not the Case on IOS...

Will Look Like
    Definite Bug,.. All Messages come in without Spaces Between them,.. So all Messages looks jumbled up... This is not the Case on IOS...
    And i Miss the fact the broadcast messages are purple,. I know there is the Broadcast Icon,. But I still Miss the Purple..
    10-23-13 10:10 AM
    To put emoticons in the status, you need to have the action bar enabled. I for one would like to be able to do this without having to enable the bar.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using CB Forums mobile app
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    10-23-13 10:35 AM
    To put emoticons in the status, you need to have the action bar enabled. I for one would like to be able to do this without having to enable the bar.
    Same here. I can't help but leave the action bar turned off. It's so friggin huge, it eats up too much space.
    10-23-13 10:39 AM
    Currently you can't click on urls that people have updated their status with. You can't click them in the updates tab nor can you click then when you view contact profiles.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:49 PM
    there is a few bugs on the app .. say few? , i say A LOT . But what the heck . is BBM baby . im happy with it's main function (messaging) so i'm really happy with it . i already sent some of the common bugs to the blackberry support area. and they wrote me back on twitter that they will be got fixed on next updates. wich i have no problem at all . At least they released . (still don't understand why there is some bugs on this official version that hasn't on the leaked old one) but still happy enough to forgive them. haha.
    10-23-13 02:20 PM
    bugs im experiencing:

1. cant change my profile picture, itll go to my gallery and il select one but it will flash the bbm page then go back to my old picture with the options replace this photo or capture image

2. when i scan a barcode to add a bbm group it tells me a webpage in unavailable, i can dismiss it and scan just fine anyway

3.sometimes it says im unable to connect to a network when opening bbm when ive got a full wifi and network signal and other apps and the browser will load pages fine - only a reboot works
    10-23-13 03:41 PM
    FOUND ANOTHER BUG . ive tried to send pins from my mom's blackberry 8520 , and there is a X with every messega i try to send . i delete myself from her contacts , add me again , and keep this keep happens . If i try to send pins from my samsung to her blackberry they got delivered instantaneously. but the pins she sent are not delivered to me. i don't get it . just can't imagine how many people have been writing to me without even knowing. anyone else is having this issue? (android to android or android ti phone is running just fine) i beleave the problem is on blackberry to android delivery. coz android to blackberry is just fine.
    I am having this problem. I have a Z10 as my main phone and a Samsung galaxy s3 for work. I switched my id over to Samsung and back to Z10. When sending with my Z10, I get an X when sending to anyone that has android or iPhone. Works fine for anyone with a BlackBerry device.

I switch my bbm id back to Samsung and it works fine.

Switched back again to z10 and doesn't work. Really frustrating as I prefer using my z10. Tried reboots and did not fix.

Any more people have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 07:56 PM
    Yup, at least we currently have this app...LoL. Hopefully, BB will keep updating this app to ensure BBM will survive and thrive in the competitive IM business

there is a few bugs on the app .. say few? , i say A LOT . But what the heck . is BBM baby . im happy with it's main function (messaging) so i'm really happy with it . i already sent some of the common bugs to the blackberry support area. and they wrote me back on twitter that they will be got fixed on next updates. wich i have no problem at all . At least they released . (still don't understand why there is some bugs on this official version that hasn't on the leaked old one) but still happy enough to forgive them. haha.
    10-23-13 07:57 PM
    To the op I agree with you and how can we pass this to blackberry and noticed by them?

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    10-23-13 08:24 PM
    Further if bbm isn't top of your list there's a blog out there on android central where it details that you can set persistent notifications to off so that bbm is given a lower priority. Since your not a fan of the app then it shouldn't be a bother not to receive messages instantly (if there does happen to be a delay as most users report that even with the setting off there were no major issues in messaging delay)

Posted via CB10
    Me and some friends are uninstalling it. We're having too many issues where messages aren't being delivered. A reply I sent at 1733 just got delivered at 2054...

At the moment no messages we send to each other are being delivered.

I just typed like 300 words in BBM messages that will likely not get delivered until tomorrow morning. I'm kinda pissed about that. The RAM size is causing apps to get shut down while multi-tasking for friends who use phones with 1GB RAM. It's growing to 90-110MB RAM usage.

We can't use it at the moment.

Its performance penalty is a showstopper for some, and the reliability in message delivery is not there...

BBM for Android Bugs and Improvements-screenshot_2013-10-23-21-05-41.png
    BBM for Android Bugs and Improvements-bbm-not-working.png

P.S. I've known how to turn the Notification off since Day 1, but it's not going to work for people with 1GB devices, and if friends that I get to use it can't send/receive messages because the app is getting shut down in the background, what is the point of even bothering to use it to begin with?

Friend was complaining earlier about his phone giving him issues that he never had before we started using this app (apps force closing when back grounded, mainly). I'm almost 100% sure it's because of the RAM usage of this app...
    10-23-13 08:27 PM
    Maybe it's true that it's a ram hog now but so was what's app in its early stages. Remember this is bbm for Android version 1. You can't exactly expect them to be able to replicate the app experience from a native BlackBerry on day one don't you? There's a reason why upgrades are incremental it takes time to engineer and only feedback from real world use can ultimately help in deciding how to tinker the app. A little patience my friend?

Posted via CB10
    They aren't competing with WhatsApp 0.9.9

They're competing with the current version of WhatsApp.

I can't have patience and use an app that doesn't reliably deliver messages. There are like 10 alternative apps that have never displayed this typ eof behavior for me. Patience isn't needed in this crowded market - it's unnecessary. There are too many usable options.

This app has been acting like this since yesterday. People are now uninstalling it because what point is it to have it installed if you feel compelled to double post all your IMs to FBM or ChatOn for fear that BBM will take 2-5 hours to deliver it to the recipient...?
    10-23-13 08:32 PM
    While in a group chat and there are more than one administrators, if one decides to leave the group and selects "Delete the group" everyone is removed from the group and it is deleted. This, IMO, shouldn't be allowed if there are admins in the group.

My suggestion is if someone wants to leave and there are still admins in that group, DO NOT give them the option to delete the group.

We also found bugs with some names. Sometimes some peoples names do not show, they show as their pins also their profile pictures do not show. This is cross-device and cross-version, not specific to one version. (We tested). We asked a member of our group to delete his name and re-add and it did not return. Contacts are not updated, I'm assuming this is a cache issue.

Sometimes invites disappear, someone adds me I accept, they are not in contact list and invite is gone. Sometimes I receive invites from myself? lol.

Some graphical UI bugs now and then, in the left hand corner sometimes the menu button overlaps the invite button.

That's about all we have discovered so far.
    10-23-13 08:44 PM
    bugs im experiencing:

1. cant change my profile picture, itll go to my gallery and il select one but it will flash the bbm page then go back to my old picture with the options replace this photo or capture image

2. when i scan a barcode to add a bbm group it tells me a webpage in unavailable, i can dismiss it and scan just fine anyway

3.sometimes it says im unable to connect to a network when opening bbm when ive got a full wifi and network signal and other apps and the browser will load pages fine - only a reboot works
    I got same problem as no.1. When I pick a pic application crashes. I can only change to one of included samples but not a custom one..
    10-23-13 09:00 PM
    I found that in Group Chats ,a lot of times, the messages appear out of order and the messages are grouped under individual users rather than appear in the order they arrived.
    10-24-13 01:40 AM
    It would be cool to be able to put certain contacts in differant groups / category

Sent from my GT-I9100 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-24-13 03:32 AM
    I've found another bug, if you start the app on the Nexus 4 the chat text is one size, then move over to contacts and then back to chats and the text size in chats has increased. Can be reproduced by force stopping BBM. Not a huge bug but is really irritating when looking at messages in a chat.

BBM for Android Bugs and Improvements-comparisonbbm.png
    10-24-13 04:27 AM
    When i accepted an invite to join a group l, i would hit accept and it would take me back to the invitations screen and the invitation would still be there and the new group wouldn't show up for me

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    miguelarkanghell likes this.
    10-24-13 04:33 AM
    Im just tired of it continually shutting itself down!
    10-24-13 07:47 AM
    There's No option to clear selected contact history...
    And no contact category is really annoying.

Also, i cant delete group picture even only in my bbm group gallery.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    10-24-13 08:12 AM
    Someone mentioned this on page 1 of the thread, but I never saw anyone address this if correctable. The old BBM from my BB days contained the "star" or notification over the bbm icon to show new messages have arrived, however this only shows in the icon at the top tray and not over the actual icon. Is there a way to turn this on somewhere, simply a bug or BBM has moved away from this since my last experience with BB (Tour)??
    10-24-13 08:31 AM
    On ios it shows a red # on the home screen icon but not so for android
    10-24-13 08:57 AM
    Im just tired of it continually shutting itself down!
    I was wondering what was going on.
    10-24-13 10:26 AM
    I am having this problem. I have a Z10 as my main phone and a Samsung galaxy s3 for work. I switched my id over to Samsung and back to Z10. When sending with my Z10, I get an X when sending to anyone that has android or iPhone. Works fine for anyone with a BlackBerry device.

I switch my bbm id back to Samsung and it works fine.

Switched back again to z10 and doesn't work. Really frustrating as I prefer using my z10. Tried reboots and did not fix.

Any more people have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    Don't know if this might help you out but here we go.. I flashed a new os on my mom's 8520 , installed bbm 7.0 from zero , atatched her bbid and all that stuff , and done the X is gone . Messaging is working just fine .

So i sugest you to update your z10 and give a try again. Maybe this is some kind of cookie thing . Maybe i went too far by reinstalling another OS to my mom's device, but i just knew this was really going to fix my problem. Check if you can recibe but not send . (that was my case) But as i said before a new os installing was my fix . so i would say this is not a BBM4ALL bug at all. maybe when your bbid is iddle for a long time (as it was mine) when you log in back to it some of your bbm contacts wont fully recognize you again and there be a delivery problem.. I beleave a BBM reinstall could be a fix too . but as long as z10 is not based on java as bb7,5 devices . I thing a new os install will be the fix . .. anyway the 10.2 is out there. try it out

regards
    Leboreiro
    10-24-13 11:36 AM
    BBM update is out n playstore. ..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-24-13 04:09 PM
    Just got an update for BBM for Android but no change log. I do notice that the flicker the app normally makes when you close it or hide the keyboard has be minimized alot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-24-13 04:15 PM
251 12345 ...