I noticed the ram tends to fluctuate and this seems to be the average

Sent from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 using the Mobile Nations App
    Attached Thumbnails BBM for Android Bugs and Improvements-1382455404226.jpg  
    10-22-13 10:24 AM
    I surely hope BB created an easier way to export our contacts from current BB device to one in Android. For me, the easiest way to do that is by inviting myself through Group and re-invite all the Group members. Not ideal, but it get things done much quicker
    10-22-13 10:43 AM
    Anyone encounter overlapping of icons?
    Check the bottom left corner of the picture here.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using CB Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails BBM for Android Bugs and Improvements-1382467830098.jpg  
    10-22-13 01:51 PM
    I think the annoying bug I have encountered is the increase of font size after clicking on the Contacts tab.
    This is more evident on Galaxy Note 3. I checked it on my wife's HTC One and it wasn't that bad.
    10-22-13 01:55 PM
    Okay, basically I created this thread to share known bugs and also list suggested improvements for BBM. Feel free to chime in as I will update the list based on the replies.

Known bugs:
    1. Music status update doesn't work properly
    2. Settings for "Show My Country and Time", and "Save Chat History" doesn't stick (it keeps turning itself off once you close BBM and re-open it)
    3. No option to turn off "Updates" nor ability to limit/clear the recent ones
    4. Inability to categorize contacts and change font/emoticon size

Improvements needed:
    1. RAM usage: at this moment, BBM consumed 86 MB with 1 group and 3 active chats. It's a bit too excessive for me. Update: after a while, I noticed the memory used dropped to around 45-50MB

2. Low res pictures sent: yes we can tap and hold the pictures to request higher quality ones, but 15KB is a bit too small for me. It's a good idea to do that in legacy devices, not in Android phones (most of which come with higher than 4 inch screen). Anyway, some will find it a problem while some will not.

3. Persistent notification icon in system tray, see detail in BBM has an annoying persistent notification — but you might not want to turn it off | Android Central (PS. Mods, sorry for the link to other forum, but at least it's Mobile Nation site). I myself turn it off and found no problems whatsoever.

4. BBM Voice!!! Perhaps it will take some time to bring BBM Video to cross-platform BBM, but hopefully BBM Voice will be included in the near future's update. Update: nvm, it looks like BB has no plan to bring BBM Voice to Android version (perhaps so BB10 has higher appeals to the masses??)
    I agree with all what you have said but there are more bugs / misisng features

++++++++BUGS +++++++++
    1. clicking on a new message in the notification shade takes you to the last open message u was in not the new one
    2. notifications for the same message going off more than once (i have seen no setting for it to go off until you open it)
    3. swipe from the right does not open the menu u have to click the three dots or use your android menu key.
    these are the three others i have noticed so far

+++++++++++ MISSING FEATURES +++++++++++
    1. action bar should have a voice note button present
    2. bbm should be able to show what im listening too
    3. edit auto text/ word substitution needs to come back so i can use custom emotes that i want create easy by using a key word
    4. contact categories need to make its way to the android version

that all i got so far if anything repeated im sorry
    10-22-13 02:04 PM
    I wish for the next update there will be:
    1. Option for changing the text size (I want smaller size)
    2. Dark (Black) themes like in my z10
    3. The old notification sound (or an option to choose from sd card in the setting)
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-22-13 02:27 PM
    Personally I felt that the smileys are also a bit too small
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-22-13 02:40 PM
    I dont know if just me but not liking the font size of the app and that you cant change it. Id prefer having it smaller...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-22-13 02:46 PM
    Barcode Scanner working for anyone? Not for me
    10-22-13 03:49 PM
    I've found that sometimes the action bar locks up and is unresponsive. Usually after I dragged open the left menu, and use the back button to close it. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to be annoying.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    bbhuh likes this.
    10-22-13 03:54 PM
    While doing a multiperson chat, it would be nice to be able to attach media files. Not sure if you can do that in BB10, but it would be nice to have on Android/iOS
    10-22-13 04:03 PM
    *not a bug (or maybe)*

Did anyone notice that one can swipe to the right from a conversation to the main screen? Pretty cool if you ask me.

Last edited by sibeans; 10-22-13 at 05:03 PM.
    10-22-13 04:08 PM
    It would be nice if all my BBM Contacts were still available from 2009 LOL..I know I am only kidding. I have like a whole 5 today when I used to have in the 80's
    10-22-13 04:13 PM
    I agree with all what you have said but there are more bugs / misisng features

++++++++BUGS +++++++++
    1. clicking on a new message in the notification shade takes you to the last open message u was in not the new one
    2. notifications for the same message going off more than once (i have seen no setting for it to go off until you open it)
    3. swipe from the right does not open the menu u have to click the three dots or use your android menu key.
    these are the three others i have noticed so far

+++++++++++ MISSING FEATURES +++++++++++
    1. action bar should have a voice note button present
    2. bbm should be able to show what im listening too
    3. edit auto text/ word substitution needs to come back so i can use custom emotes that i want create easy by using a key word
    4. contact categories need to make its way to the android version

that all i got so far if anything repeated im sorry
    I just signed up to agree with you. Specially, the word substitution part.

Also, the ping feature isn't working for me. When I ping someone with a Blackberry their device vibrates but when they ping me, nothing happens.

Galaxy Note 3
    10-22-13 04:18 PM
    On Blackberry I used to check the Chat history for a certain contact that might be kept for years and it is categorized in groups (ex. October, yesterday, etc...) and it used to open in a separate window than the one i am chatting on. I guess using the version found now to check something in the history from 3 days ago i have to scroll all over the chat window till i reach msgs from that day.

It would be a nice option to add (surly after fixing the save history option that goes back to default in setting)
    10-22-13 04:26 PM
    FOUND ANOTHER BUG . ive tried to send pins from my mom's blackberry 8520 , and there is a X with every messega i try to send . i delete myself from her contacts , add me again , and keep this keep happens . If i try to send pins from my samsung to her blackberry they got delivered instantaneously. but the pins she sent are not delivered to me. i don't get it . just can't imagine how many people have been writing to me without even knowing. anyone else is having this issue? (android to android or android ti phone is running just fine) i beleave the problem is on blackberry to android delivery. coz android to blackberry is just fine.
    10-22-13 04:28 PM
    I wish for the next update there will be:
    1. Option for changing the text size (I want smaller size)
    2. Dark (Black) themes like in my z10
    3. The old notification sound (or an option to choose from sd card in the setting)
    just copy paste the ringtones you want to be shown on the bbm tone setting tab on your phone/rintones and phone/notifications folder of your android device.
    10-22-13 04:42 PM
    Despite some bugs I've experienced: icon overlapping, not getting into the chats from the groups but rather going to the chats directly; I've been hammering away with BBM and I'm impressed with how well battery drain is minimal.

10-22-13 05:27 PM
    Since word substitution work across the system (ie. also in email) and not specific in BBM, I doubt we will get that feature in our Android version. Well, we'll see what the future update(s) will bring to the table.

In my experience, Ping feature works fine as long as you're not pinging someone you're currently chatting with (his/her open chat window is your profile). In that case, only the word "PING!!!" is sent but no vibration whatsoever. Strangely, as soon as he/she close open chat window with you, ping will return to vibrate your device. It's kinda hard to explain, but that's what happened to me

I just signed up to agree with you. Specially, the word substitution part.

Also, the ping feature isn't working for me. When I ping someone with a Blackberry their device vibrates but when they ping me, nothing happens.

Galaxy Note 3
    10-22-13 08:15 PM
    What about data usage? I noticed that my first 6 hours with BBM consumed 2.3 MB usage with only 2 pictures sent. Is this normal? Anyone else with similar/different experience?
    10-22-13 08:18 PM
    What about data usage? I noticed that my first 6 hours with BBM consumed 2.3 MB usage with only 2 pictures sent. Is this normal? Anyone else with similar/different experience?
    Over 24hrs, I've seen over 3MB. If that keeps up, it could potentially top 1GB a month. If it weren't for the fact that I am on WiFi 75% of the time, I'd be screwed.

EDIT.. Oh wait, my math is off. It would be 100MB per month.
    co2m likes this.
    10-22-13 08:25 PM
    I think that nobody posted this because all you own rather new devices. I own a Samsung Galaxy S2 with 4.1.2, which is an awesome phone with lots of years of life remaining, and I think this app has to be redesigned to take advantage of some Android programming techniques, specially the Density Independent Pixels (see: Supporting Multiple Screens | Android Developers)

The issue is that with a "small" screen like 800x480, the app is totally unusable, and I think that this is critical to pursue BBM wide adoption. You just cannot see if somebody is texting / has texted something to you while you are typing, and it comes to be just crazy if you are in a group chat with crackberriers. I think this is a very serious issue if somebody is thinking that BBM may propose itself as a true IM option in an heterogeneous device landscape as Android is. Please just see this snapshot to understand the problem:

Ok, ok, swiftkey has slightly bigger keys, but there's no room left for chat area.

Other workaround could be to hide button bar (pointless while typing) and be able to move the chatroom name to notification area (normally you already know --or shuld know-- whom you are texting to LOL)
    Last edited by Gabriel Viso Carrera; 10-23-13 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Correct poor english ;)
    10-23-13 02:13 AM
    You can hide the action bar (the bar above words suggestion from SwiftKey) by going through Settings then turn Show Action Bar With Keyboard off

I think that nobody posted this because all you own rather new devices. I own a Samsung Galaxy S2 with 4.1.2, which is an awesome phone with lots of years of life remaining, and I think this app has to be redesigned to take advantage of some Android programming techniques, specially the Density Independent Pixels (see: Supporting Multiple Screens | Android Developers)

The issue is that with a "small" screen like 800x480, the app is totally unusable, and I think that this is critical to pursue BBM wide adoption. You just cannot see if somebody is texting / has texted something to you while you are typing, and it comes to be just crazy if you are in a group chat with crackberriers. I think this is a very serious issue if somebody is thinking that BBM may propose itself as a true IM option in an heterogeneous device landscape as Android is. Please just see this snapshot to understand the problem:

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/...a41ad.jpg?id=1

Ok, ok, swiftkey has slightly bigger keys, but there's no room left for chat area.

Other workaround could be to hide button bar (pointless while typing) and be able to move the chatroom name to notification area (normally you already know --or shuld know-- whom you are texting to LOL)
    10-23-13 09:15 AM
    Now, this is the most annoying bug I've found. I've been rocking BBM for a day and re-invited some of my friends as well as join the BBM groups in which I am the member. However, all of a sudden, my BBM stop working properly and acted as if I've just installed it (no contacts, no active chats, no Groups and not even my profile is properly displayed). I've tried restarting my device several times to no avail. Hopefully BB will get it sorted out quickly and this is only a random case not something that everyone else is experiencing
    10-23-13 09:18 AM
    You can hide the action bar (the bar above words suggestion from SwiftKey) by going through Settings then turn Show Action Bar With Keyboard off
    Yes and thank you first of all... but, unfortunately, hiding keyboard features I often use is not the point and it won't give me the layout the designers had in mind (those we can see in Google Play).

This application is not coded using Density Independent Pixel, and because of that, the BBM buttons are much bigger in my screen than in others' (Nexus 4, Note 2 and Note 3,...) because mine has less DPI than those used to test the product.
    Last edited by Gabriel Viso Carrera; 10-23-13 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Misused Device instead of Density (Independent Pixels)
    10-23-13 09:50 AM
251 1234 ...