Hi all,

This may not be the right forum but:

So for various RIM related reasons i've decided to move away from BlackBerry, but i use BBM heavily. I saw BBM working on an iPhone a few years back (assuming it was a hack of some kind) but didnt pay much attention as i didnt really care, now i do care and my question is does anyone know of a way i can use BBM via Android?

The iPhone guy said at the time he needed a BB to use its pin and i've got loads lying around so im hoping there is some software out there that does the same thing.

I tried gettings everyone to use PingMe and/or WhatsApp but it never really took off, BBM still rules king.

Thanks all
    11-16-11 10:53 AM
    Do a search as this has been talk to death. Not going to happen as its a Blackberry only feature.
    11-16-11 10:56 AM
    The other threads talk about other apps like Whatsapp, i just wondered if anyone had come across an app similar to the iPhone one i came across a few years back.
    11-16-11 11:16 AM
    There are other apps, like you mention, but nothing IMO compared to BBM. iMessage is about the closest you can get w/OEM software although I hear Whatsapp or Beluga are good too. I used iMessage for a while, but just doesn't have "it." (and half the time, my iPhone would tell me that iMessage wasn't available and would I like to send as SMS. Whatever.)
    11-16-11 11:44 AM
    There is a very simple answer to this. BBM is a feature only for BlackBerry phones.

No one would pay for it, and if they offered it to other platforms - if you are sticking with Blackberry for that then there is no point in staying!

I don't think it would even be possible for BBM to work on any other platform as it uses a device pin on a blackberry secured connection? (Excuse my ignorance! I have a very simplistic understanding on how it works! I could be completely wrong)

And no the other chat clients just don't have "it". Whatsapp is good, but I don't think for now anything beats BBM.

I wouldn't be surprised if soon you can voice chat or video call!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 12:13 PM
    As noted you must have a BIS account to use BBM.

PingMe is pretty good except for the fact it is a battery draining monster.
    11-16-11 12:22 PM
    Check out Live Profile. It's a great BBM replacement app, is cross platform and has the same features of BBM minus groups.
    11-16-11 01:31 PM
    BBM can't be transferred in any shape or form for two main reasons
    1. For BBM to work you need a BBM pin which is built into the hardware of the BB its not a software feature
    2. To get BBM to work it has to pass through the Blackberry Servers (BIS or BES) which isn't available on any other platform.

So it is impossible good luck with your Android i give you a short time and you shall return to the holy grail!
    11-16-11 10:52 PM
    Google it and the truth shall be told. CB's blogs already debunked it.

11-17-11 01:34 AM
    BBM can't be transferred in any shape or form for two main reasons
    1. For BBM to work you need a BBM pin which is built into the hardware of the BB its not a software feature
    2. To get BBM to work it has to pass through the Blackberry Servers (BIS or BES) which isn't available on any other platform.

So it is impossible good luck with your Android i give you a short time and you shall return to the holy grail!
    That's not exactly true, bis and bes was available on Nokia symbian, winmo and palm a few years ago trough blackberry connect software. The app would asign you a pin and you could get push email. No bbm though, I used it for a bit on a Nokia E61

11-17-11 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD