After viewing this screen grab a few times, I came to a realization:
    "BBM For All"... NOT!-buvipt2ceaaluui.jpg
    The tag line, "BBM For All" is 100% categorically unequivocally incorrect. It's followed with "Coming Soon to iPhone and Android"

How could BlackBerry make this claim that soon, everyone will have access to BBM when they have chosen not to make it available to Windows Phone 8 users?

Considering WP8 recently took the lead in Russia, is the second most popular in India and Latin America, has had explosive growth in Vietnam, and is becoming a lot more common in Europe, BlackBerry's claim that it's "BBM For All" is simply false.

The tagline should be dropped in favour of something less misleading.
    09-17-13 11:13 PM
    Shocker it's birdman.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 and uzmarvel like this.
    09-17-13 11:14 PM
    Of course, name it "BBM for everyone, except windows phone" genius marketing right there.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-17-13 11:15 PM
    They should make windows wait and maybe some time down the line offer a ported version much like Skype for BB10

Sent from my HTC One running PlayBook 3.0
    Mac of York likes this.
    09-17-13 11:19 PM
    Not sure if your are just so upset with what may happen to blackberry and you are just a jaded fan boy who needs to express their anger by constantly dumping on the company.
    I'm upset with what has happened to BlackBerry. I'm disappointed that they squandered the potential of BlackBerry 10 to the point of putting the company up for sale 6.5 months after launch (then basically begging somebody to buy them a few weeks later, before another awful earnings report).

But by this point, BlackBerry's bungling of its potential and missteps are both expected and accepted by the public. It's a rather unfortunate fall from grace. Much of its own community goes along with the mentality that BlackBerry not doing all it can to reach its potential is acceptable, and not holding them accountable is preferred. Considering how BlackBerry was such a dominant player in the industry a few years ago, I have a hard time going along with that mentality present day.

It takes bravery for someone to say they enjoy an unpopular OS, but it takes guts to challenge BlackBerry to do the right thing.
    kevinnugent and ricocan like this.
    09-17-13 11:47 PM
    Take a chill pill brah. Maybe BBM will come to WP8 when they make a native Skype app?

Fired from my Z10
    09-17-13 11:50 PM
    I'm upset with what has happened to BlackBerry. I'm disappointed that they squandered the potential of BlackBerry 10 to the point of putting the company up for sale 6.5 months after launch (then basically begging somebody to buy them a few weeks later, before another awful earnings report).

But by this point, BlackBerry's bungling of its potential and missteps are both expected and accepted by the public. It's a rather unfortunate fall from grace. Much of its own community goes along with the mentality that BlackBerry not doing all it can to reach its potential is acceptable, and not holding them accountable is preferred. Considering how BlackBerry was such a dominant player in the industry a few years ago, I have a hard time going along with that mentality present day.
    That statement is one I would pay more attention to. I have no problem with someone being disappointed and wanting to hold them accountable. However, blatantly bashing the company, the product and anyone who likes it is not the same thing as constructive criticism.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:50 PM
    That statement is one I would pay more attention to. I have no problem with someone being disappointed and wanting to hold them accountable. However, blatantly bashing the company, the product and anyone who likes it is not the same thing as constructive criticism.
    Agreed, and there are a few members on here that do that.
    09-17-13 11:56 PM
    Agreed, and there are a few members on here that do that.
    I know and I understand your frustrations because I have the same ones. I feel that this is one of the best OS' on the market but they haven't found a way to make people aware of it like they should. Hopefully they can somehow pull through and realize the full potential of bb10.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:58 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BUVIpT2CEAALUuI.jpg 
Views:	1645 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	202943
    The tag line, "BBM For All" is 100% categorically unequivocally incorrect. It's followed with "Coming Soon to iPhone and Android"

How could BlackBerry make this claim that soon, everyone will have access to BBM when they have chosen not to make it available to Windows Phone 8 users?

Considering WP8 recently took the lead in Russia, is the second most popular in India and Latin America, has had explosive growth in Vietnam, and is becoming a lot more common in Europe, BlackBerry's claim that it's "BBM For All" is simply false.

Only those who come by the front door are welcome. Those using "windows" please use proper door! Hence "BBM for all" those who use the door!LoL!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 12:00 AM

Name:	BUVIpT2CEAALUuI.jpg 
Views:	1645 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	202943

ya, agree. they should also includes Symbian OS, Jollafish and Firefox OS too.
    09-18-13 12:09 AM
    they should also includes Symbian OS, Jollafish and Firefox OS too.
    That would be nice (although Symbian will soon be unsupported) but it's not a question of if they should.
    BlackBerry is not making BBM cross platform available to 100% of consumers at launch, therefore they shouldn't advertise it as such.
    09-18-13 12:18 AM
    BlackBerry can't compete with iPhone of Android at the moment. Their real competition is WP8, especially in emerging markets. So why offer the direct competition a leg up? It's about penetration into a market they cannot directly impact.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-18-13 12:50 AM
    ...so the tag should be more like #BBMforjustaboutall; that seems to be the takeaway here.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    09-18-13 02:14 AM
    On 19 September, BBM4ALL will be launched in Indonesia. There are members of Android users & iPhone users has received the invitation to such event. Maybe, will be launched world wide afterwards...
    Attached Thumbnails "BBM For All"... NOT!-blackberry-130918a.jpg  
    09-18-13 02:44 AM
    What is windows phone 8?

Posted by my Zed running 10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    09-18-13 02:46 AM
    Take a chill pill brah. Maybe BBM will come to WP8 when they make a native Skype app?

Fired from my Z10
    BB10 has less Marketshare than Symbian. It's a waste of time and resources to even bother developing for BB10 at this point. No company in their right mind would waste time doing that when there are more important things to tackle on the agenda.

Skype isn't the only Microsoft App that is missing: Office Mobile, SkyDrive, OneNote Mobile, Xbox Live, Xbox Smartglass, Bing, Lync, Xbox Music, etc. are all on iOS and Android but probably not coming to BB10 anytime soon. Why? Cause BB10 is not a factor in the mobile market right now, and developing for it is a waste of man hours.

There is actually incentive to develop for WP8. That ecosystem is expanding in market share and user base. There is none to develop for BB10 as most of their users are still on legacy devices and there aren't enough on BB10 to warrant any attention. It would have been more advantageous for BB to cut features out of the Q5 to fit it onto a much cheaper device than to launch another OS7 device and [potentially] cannibalize [potential] OS10 device sales - This certainly hasn't hurt Apple's iPhone 4 sales... That was a bad play done out of desperation, IMO.
    devin266 and Bor Navas like this.
    09-18-13 08:27 AM
    "BBM For All"... NOT!-2013-09-18_174448.png

Where is WP? In a....
    Mac of York likes this.
    09-18-13 08:46 AM
    slighting is fair
    09-18-13 09:29 AM

Name:	2013-09-18_174448.png 
Views:	392 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	203062

Where is WP? In a....
    an upswing, clearly the graph states that.

BB, however, is still shrinking.

And that's all of BBOS

If you siphoned out BB10 it wouldn't even register on that graph. BB is in a similar place to where MS was when they moved from Windows Mobile to Windows Phone. Their marketshare is shrinking a lot as people on the older OS move to other platforms. Only difference is that it's taking longer for BB to shed those people because their marketshare was much bigger than Microsoft's. On the flip side, they're in a much worse place than Microsoft in that adoption of their new platform is patheticly low and not keeping pace with the competition.
    09-18-13 11:16 AM
    It will also be unavailable to about a third of Android users, according to most recent numbers:
    Android Jelly Bean is now the leading Android version with a distribution share of nearly 38 percent | NDTV Gadgets
    "BBM For All"... NOT!-android-dist-data-july.jpg
    09-19-13 09:18 AM
    Let Msft give a native Skype version for bb10, then BlackBerry should release a version for WP.
    Cooperate and play fair.

Posted via the awesome Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    09-20-13 09:42 AM
    There are about 3x more new BlackBerry's being sold than Windows phones. They aren't a large segment of the market. Android and Apple are #1 and 2 and will bring mass amounts of people to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 07:36 PM
    There are about 3x more new BlackBerry's being sold than Windows phones. They aren't a large segment of the market. Android and Apple are #1 and 2 and will bring mass amounts of people to BBM.

Posted via CB10

I believe this report disagrees with you

"BBM For All"... NOT!-kantar-july.png
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 09-20-13 at 08:16 PM.
    09-20-13 07:56 PM
    Right now, the inaccurate slogan is the least of BlackBerry's worries.
    09-22-13 03:13 PM