This article seem to say that BBM shop has 1 billion hits in a month or something like that soon. BlackBerry's BBM Shop hit 1 billion user views in January | CrackBerry.com

If this is true then it has become a great cash cow for BlackBerry. This is prime real estate to businesses all over the world.

Imagine you are a restaurant owner & it's 3PM & business is slow. Why not throw out an advertisement to all the BBM users who are nearby (using location service) to send these advertising to them to come in for anything on the menu for 50% discount for 2 hours only.

All BlackBerry has to do is to do up the engines & interface for these businesses to place the advertisements. Then get advertising agency sales people to sell it & we're in business. Give them a 10% commission for their effort & also give them repeated sales too when these businesses top up their credits for advertising.

Better still engage BBM users to do this & pay them back a commission using BBM Money. This would be a great way to promote BBM money too.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:00 AM
    Yeah but I don't like ads. Especially in my feed.
    02-22-15 02:57 PM
    Yeah but I don't like ads. Especially in my feed.
    I agree.

I've said this elsewhere, but I really don't understand how ads and stickers fit with BlackBerry's business focus. Who would want that stuff in a messenger used for business?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-22-15 03:05 PM
    I agree.

I've said this elsewhere, but I really don't understand how ads and stickers fit with BlackBerry's business focus. Who would want that stuff in a messenger used for business?

It's no longer used for business, bbm is pure consumer now. bbm protected is the brand for enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:09 PM
    It's no longer used for business, bbm is pure consumer now. bbm protected is the brand for enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    If that's the case, the company's marketing message is unclear. BlackBerry's are about business, except when they're not.

02-22-15 05:44 PM
    If that's the case, the company's marketing message is unclear. BlackBerry's are about business, except when they're not.

The problem is that there is no marketing message. Because there is no real true marketing.

What is happening is a series of announcements or press releases that waver from stance to stance regarding all facets of everything BlackBerry.

So it is the end user that has to interpret the meaning of this wishy-washy approach. Which means that since everyone is different, different directions of perceived trajectory is in play.

Just another example of "my opinion".

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:35 PM