BBM 2.0 .... design
    a random darktheme render
    BBM 2.0 UI and Design concept-bbm-2.0-call.pngBBM 2.0 UI and Design concept-bbm-2.0-change-profile-pic.png

BBM 2.0 UI and Design concept-bbm-2.0-chat-2.pngBBM 2.0 UI and Design concept-bbm-2.0-chat.png

BBM 2.0 UI and Design concept-bbm-2.0-chats-dk.pngBBM 2.0 UI and Design concept-bbm-2.0-chats.png

BBM 2.0 UI and Design concept-bbm-2.0-contacts.pngBBM 2.0 UI and Design concept-bbm-2.0-feeds.png

BBM 2.0 UI and Design concept-bbm-2.0-chat-call.pngBBM 2.0 UI and Design concept-bbm-2.0-profile-1.png

BBM 2.0 UI and Design concept-bbm-2.0.1.png

simpler design no nav buttons below / cleaner
    BBM 2.0 UI and Design concept-bbm-x.png
    Last edited by Brandon Tobias; 08-23-14 at 08:20 PM.
    vibhorsingh86 likes this.
    08-23-14 06:25 PM
    Looks very "Microsoft" influenced. Not really a fan of the feel.

Posted via white Q10 running 10.2.2.1531
    Sean Fanelli and UnlimitedEra like this.
    08-23-14 06:29 PM
    I think it looks pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 06:31 PM
    I seems a little foreign to me, but I do like the idea of each platform implementing BBM with their own UI (look). I wonder if that might improve BBM 's standing in the eyes of iOS and Android users?

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    08-23-14 07:52 PM

Well it is for windows phone as i find the current design of the app ... a bit sub par ... but thanks for the feedback i think ill some Android renders of bbm in material design which is similar to windows phone (Microsoft design)
    08-23-14 08:13 PM
    I can't tell if I love it or hate it, haha. Everything seems crowded, but maybe that's due to your crazy BBM name and all the pictures flowing together
    08-23-14 08:16 PM
    I can't tell if I love it or hate it, haha. Everything seems crowded, but maybe that's due to your crazy BBM name and all the pictures flowing together
    kool yea i think the forum needs like a photo gallery view so people can scroll through one by one but thanks i guess just trying my hand
    08-23-14 08:22 PM
    I like it! Makes sense for Windows phone. Curious to see what the Android version would look like.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 08:24 PM
    I like it! Makes sense for Windows phone. Curious to see what the Android version would look like.
    meh need to read up on material design and get some icons a /highres screenshots from the current andriod version... but thats my next task...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 08:25 PM
    kool yea i think the forum needs like a photo gallery view so people can scroll through one by one but thanks i guess just trying my hand
    Nah its cool. I like the look and all. Try editing your post and putting a line break between the pic uploads. Should help quite a bit
    08-23-14 08:46 PM
    Well maybe you can work on some design improvements in the BlackBerry version, like being able to see people's posts on the "Contacts" screen some how. All in all I like what you have up there and I agree like some have said, that the look should be native to the individual platform.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 06:57 AM

My thoughts exactly

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 07:15 AM
    I like the call screen but it all looks too much like the Microsoft ui to me, would look great on windows phone and possibly android but I wouldn't like it on my blackberry personally

Great work tho!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 07:20 AM
    I like the call screen but it all looks too much like the Microsoft ui to me, would look great on windows phone and possibly android but I wouldn't like it on my blackberry personally

Great work tho!

Posted via CB10
    Definately not on our BlackBerry. Whole point is every UI should have its own look and feel.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 07:51 AM
    blackberry 10's bbm i like when i get inspiration to overhaul the entire UI then ill do a render with the new BBM for that design language ...
    so far this is the improved version for windows phone ...
    when i read up on material design and figure out how i want it to look android will get its render of how BBM should look.
    Thanks for the feedback ..
    step07 likes this.
    08-24-14 08:39 AM

Well considering this is a mock up of BBM 2.0 for Windows Phone I would expect it to be "Microsoft influenced", I wouldn't want it looking like it belongs on Android or iOS.
    08-24-14 03:55 PM
    Nah. I prefer the version we have now.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 04:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    hmmn kool ... i just want it more iconic / beautiful ... it can stay how it is now but on my 920 some UI elements are blurry and out of alignment ..
    08-24-14 09:31 PM
    Still annoying using bbm on wp

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 09:58 AM
    What I want is that bbm works properly on my Lumia 630 regardless of its design. Please update it asap otherwise I'll delete the app.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 03:20 PM
    What I want is that bbm works properly on my Lumia 630 regardless of its design. Please update it asap otherwise I'll delete the app.

Posted via CB10
    well sir i don't work for blackberry so i cant help there ... i just think it should look better but you are right about its performance and even in the private beta blogs blackberry has gotten silent so i really don't know if that's good i'm hoping they are working on bbm 2.0 with the full feature-set and better performance.

i suspect they are working on bbm 2.0 but we may have to wait as they are focusing on IOS and Android ... WP's bbm uses native WP UI so they are most likely taking time to reskin the IOS and Android version with the native OS UI instead of the BB10 look.

Point is the app is really buggy and WP is not helping either with its lack of everything compared to what im used to on Android ... so i may go back team andriod soon.
    09-13-14 03:19 PM
    With all due respect, what we have now is crud

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:49 AM
    Nice but what about for group chats & multi-person chat? How does one navigate between person to person chat, group chat, multi-person chat, channels & so on?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 01:55 PM
    well sir i don't work for blackberry so i cant help there ... i just think it should look better but you are right about its performance and even in the private beta blogs blackberry has gotten silent so i really don't know if that's good i'm hoping they are working on bbm 2.0 with the full feature-set and better performance.

i suspect they are working on bbm 2.0 but we may have to wait as they are focusing on IOS and Android ... WP's bbm uses native WP UI so they are most likely taking time to reskin the IOS and Android version with the native OS UI instead of the BB10 look.

Point is the app is really buggy and WP is not helping either with its lack of everything compared to what im used to on Android ... so i may go back team andriod soon.
    My intention was not to criticise you but the bad performance of the existing application. Yourself did a good job which is not the case of BlackBerry. As it is just serves to people try it and deleted and give bad name.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 02:53 AM
    Nice but what about for group chats & multi-person chat? How does one navigate between person to person chat, group chat, multi-person chat, channels & so on?

Posted via CB10
    just swipe left or right to change between chats, contacts, feeds and channels.
    Groups will be under contacts but in my implementation if you don't use groups u can turn it off from view. if some one adds you to group it turns on automatically and appears above your contact list like how it is now.
    Group chats show up under the chat screen but is separated by a bar that is collapse-able to show or hide group chats ....
    10-26-14 11:00 AM
47 12