Posted via CB10
    Oh, see here's there problem. This thread was about v2.0 on Android and iPhone. 10.3 is the iteration for BlackBerry.
    02-13-14 09:34 PM
    There is a certain lag and jitteriness when you open chats, it takes some additional time to load while it chops. Also there is a white screen flash whenever you tap on attachment or emoji icons.

Anybody else experiencing that?
    No

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 10:34 PM
    Does this include gingerbread devices?
    Any answers on that please?
    02-13-14 10:44 PM
    BlackBerry is killing itttt!!!....the timing on this update is just genius...helps take the mind of folks with no valentine groove off the pain....they can love up on BBM to fill the gap

fantastic job BlackBerry
    02-13-14 11:44 PM
    Mine hasn't crashed yet but it's not smooth. The beta release I have on my Z10 is MUCH smoother than this official version. Transitions between contact, chats, updates and groups is jittery and the animations when switching between chats is also "rough". Those not smooth, jittery animations reminded me exactly of how the transitions in the Hub were when the BB10 first launched, unpolished.

I've restarted my phone and this hasn't changed, going to give it some more time though.
    Yes! I feel that the experience is not smooth and a bit choppy opening chats and going back to the chat menu. I restarted the device and still the same. I also prefer having the emoticons in separate pages where we scroll horizontally. This new layout seems too busy.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 03:03 AM
    In web store same thing (not available in your country), but i already found it in near treat... Thanks anyway!
    02-14-14 04:04 AM
    Z10 , STL 100-3 running 10 2.1.537

Not seeing the BBM voice option

????
    02-14-14 04:18 AM
    BBM 2.0 arrived early this morning for ios. I can confirm it works on iPods. I did a couple of test calls between my iPod and my Blackberry Torch 9800. It works well and I joined BBM and the Crackberry Channels on my iPod. I can also confirm that I was able to send a 30 minute audio clip from my BB Torch to my iPod using BBM. Audio clip was saved to my Torch from what was Radio Reference and now referred to as Broadcastify. This was not possible with BBM 1.0 . This is really a fantastic update. I wish the BBM update for my BB Torch had been as good!
    02-14-14 05:29 AM
    I found a glitch with the BBM 2.0 for ios. Possibly may just be with the iPod but it shows all my contacts with the green handset icon indicating that they are available for voice calls through BBM. I did a test and the iPod just kept ringing as it tried to call my BB Phone which was switched off from WiFi..
    02-14-14 07:34 AM
    Same here, same OS on Q10
    02-14-14 07:51 AM
    If your contact has the voice version, and so do you, it will add a "phone" icon in the chat area for that contact.

BBM 2.0 is here-clipboard01.jpg
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 02-14-14 at 10:00 AM.
    02-14-14 09:38 AM
    Alright so I have it now on iOS. I must say, BBM Voice is AWFUL. I have tried multiple times with multiple contacts. The voice quality is absolute garbage. The person on the other line sounded like they were in a garbage can and static. I then fired up my Z10, and guess what? BBM Voice sounds great, just like I expected it to sound on iOS.

Very disappointing. It was one of the biggest features I missed on BBM after experiencing it on my Z10. It's not my device, because FaceTime sounds excellent, and so do normal voice calls. BBM voice actually sounds worse than a standard voice call which is crazy. Hopefully this gets fixed because otherwise it is useless for me if I have no clue wtf the other person is saying on the other end.
    02-14-14 10:02 AM
    I just finished a bbm voice calls with a friend on iOS in England from my Z30 in Vancouver.

At first it wasn't good. Then he moved closer to his wifi and it became near perfect.

A chat with a friend on his S4 was nearly as good as BlackBerry to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 10:12 AM
    Alright so I have it now on iOS. I must say, BBM Voice is AWFUL. I have tried multiple times with multiple contacts. The voice quality is absolute garbage. The person on the other line sounded like they were in a garbage can and static. I then fired up my Z10, and guess what? BBM Voice sounds great, just like I expected it to sound on iOS.

Very disappointing. It was one of the biggest features I missed on BBM after experiencing it on my Z10. It's not my device, because FaceTime sounds excellent, and so do normal voice calls. BBM voice actually sounds worse than a standard voice call which is crazy. Hopefully this gets fixed because otherwise it is useless for me if I have no clue wtf the other person is saying on the other end.
    I also noticed that the voice quality sounded a bit off. A standard voice call on my phone also sounded better.

I also noticed that people can only call me if I have the bbm app running in the background. If I force close it they get that I'm unavailable. I know it's possible for an app to be forced closed and still receive the call notification, as this is exactly how google hangouts works. You will still get the notification and the ringing sound whether the app is open or force closed.

I'm guessing because of this, when ios puts the bbm app into suspend mode we will not be able to receive any incoming calls until we "wake" the app up.
    02-14-14 10:12 AM
    I just finished a bbm voice calls with a friend on iOS in England from my Z30 in Vancouver.

At first it wasn't good. Then he moved closer to his wifi and it became near perfect.

A chat with a friend on his S4 was nearly as good as BlackBerry to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I was within 10 feet of my router both times. Then I moved away and still sounded the same. On my Z10 it sounded good no matter how far away from my router I was. BBM Voice works over the wireless network as well and I never had it sound so bad.

I also noticed that the voice quality sounded a bit off. A standard voice call on my phone also sounded better.

I also noticed that people can only call me if I have the bbm app running in the background. If I force close it they get that I'm unavailable. I know it's possible for an app to be forced closed and still receive the call notification, as this is exactly how google hangouts works. You will still get the notification and the ringing sound whether the app is open or force closed.

I'm guessing because of this, when ios puts the bbm app into suspend mode we will not be able to receive any incoming calls until we "wake" the app up.
    I haven't had someone call me yet so I will test this as well. I placed the calls, so maybe there is a bug with sound quality on calls placed. Even the Z10 users I called sounded like crap and said I sounded like crap.
    02-14-14 10:19 AM
    Do BBM Voice Calls go through BlackBerry servers? I bet there are tens of thousands of calls being made/tested as of right now. If it goes through their servers I imagine some congestion might be occurring here in the initial rollout, but will be fine after this opening day. But I don't know. Just surmising.
    02-14-14 10:47 AM
    I did a BBM Voice Chat going between my iPod in NJ and my Nephew in Canada on his iPod earlier today. It worked great! Crystal clear!!
    dusdal likes this.
    02-14-14 02:15 PM
    I found a glitch with the BBM 2.0 for ios. Possibly may just be with the iPod but it shows all my contacts with the green handset icon indicating that they are available for voice calls through BBM. I did a test and the iPod just kept ringing as it tried to call my BB Phone which was switched off from WiFi..
    I submitted this to BB Dev team yesterday and they have confirmed the issue. will be fixed soon
    02-15-14 12:49 AM
    763AC687

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-15-14 01:51 AM
    19/F 763AC687

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-15-14 01:52 AM
    Loaded 10.2.1.2141 via Sachesi and all is fabulous again!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:26 AM
    So, for Android devices, is this the version that will work on Gingerbread?! Or was that just a rumour and it's not coming?

10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    And it has now been released for Gingerbread Android devices! That didn't take long.

http://crackberry.com/bbm-android-gi...-now-available

10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    02-18-14 10:12 PM
122 ... 345