Mine works great

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 03:26 PM
    Mine is quite laggy especially if i use bbm inside the blackberry hub
    rai187 likes this.
    02-16-14 04:26 PM
    Like the video posted above my Q10's BBM is nice and slick in the hub but in app it is stuttering.

On my Z10 it works much better.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    02-16-14 04:36 PM
    Actually faster and smoother now.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 04:37 PM
    [QUOTE=LamarStarr;10007219]Is it just me or this alot of memory for the BBM app.

Not mine?

Attachment 248568
    Attached Thumbnails BBM 10.3 is the laggiest app on BB10-img_20140216_173738.png  
    02-16-14 04:38 PM
    Mine is quite laggy especially if i use bbm inside the blackberry hub
    Mine exactly the same. It lags to an extreme if I view glympse within BBM and try still talking. It just starts to act up

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 07:32 PM
    Everyone who is facing laggy BBM 10.3, for me installing the 10.2.1.2141 leak worked like a charm, it's very smooth
    Here's the link

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...phones-905407/

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 10:51 PM
    Cool

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 11:50 PM
    Like the video posted above my Q10's BBM is nice and slick in the hub but in app it is stuttering.

On my Z10 it works much better.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    This

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-17-14 01:35 AM
    Here are the list of bug,lag and glitchy app in my Z10
    1. Twitter - when scrolling thru twits "laggy", when viewing profile pix "sometimes it doesn't open" and it doesn't sync in the hub "I already view mentions,retweets and fav in the main app but still.. it remains unread in the hub"

2. BBM - scrolling thru inbox and updates "laggy and glitchy "

3.Facebook - same with twitter "It doesn't sync in the hub"

4. SMS - when opening message "glitchy loading message history" but quite better than 10.2

5. Dialler - "bug" quickdial list and dialled calls.. sometimes name doesnt appear even it is registered in my phonebook

6. Crackberry - during its active frame "when you scroll thru apps or you slide up from hub to active frames" it lags a bit..when Crackberry app is on active frame

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 02:08 AM
    Here are the list of bug,lag and glitchy app in my Z10
    1. Twitter - when scrolling thru twits "laggy", when viewing profile pix "sometimes it doesn't open" and it doesn't sync in the hub "I already view mentions,retweets and fav in the main app but still.. it remains unread in the hub"

2. BBM - scrolling thru inbox and updates "laggy and glitchy "

3.Facebook - same with twitter "It doesn't sync in the hub"

4. SMS - when opening message "glitchy loading message history" but quite better than 10.2

5. Dialler - "bug" quickdial list and dialled calls.. sometimes name doesnt appear even it is registered in my phonebook

6. Crackberry - during its active frame "when you scroll thru apps or you slide up from hub to active frames" it lags a bit..when Crackberry app is on active frame

Posted via CB10
    I have twitter, and even though I have it set to send me notifications from everyone it only notifies me when "real" people follow me and not the obvious spam bots. Still, strange that it doesn't notify me even when I said everyone.

I've experienced the Facebook hub bug, the only thing that fixed it for me was loading a new leak with an auto loader. The hub is amazing, but there's some serious issues with the way that it caches information. You can really see this with the hub name bug where it shows the name of the sender in the hub, but when you click on the message it's an unknown number at the top. Because the hub creates headers in the hub for each item that references their location to load when selected. It's obvious that this system has a few bugs since every now and then people complain about the hub not showing Facebook notifications, text messages, etc. I had it so bad that people were messaging me for like three days and there was no notification in the hub for BBM or Text, I only noticed after I refreshed the hub and they all showed up, but even after the refresh I never got notifications unless I refreshed the hub again.

#6 - YES I've noticed this too, SO annoying. To be fair it's not CB app after doing research, it's any app that automatically switches the picture when swiping to and from the active frames page, try BlackBerry World in Active Frame, it cause the same issue. It's a problem with the Active Frame framework.

- Developer of PinGuin
    greenberry666 likes this.
    02-17-14 08:23 AM
    Mine works great on iPhone. Only little glitch is how slow channels opens up. But i am sure they will improve that in time.
    xBURK likes this.
    02-17-14 08:55 AM
    If there is one thing I've learned over the years on CB and with BB10 is that you will always find people having a different experience than others with apps and installs. Look at the OS threads to see what I'm taking about.

Another thing to keep in mind is that people's definition of choppy and smoothness vary greatly. I'm quite certain that if I put my dad or my mom on this app and ask him/her to tell me what's wrong with it they will say "nothing, it runs just fine". My older brother on the other hand would definitely criticize the chopiness of the app ad so would I.

That's why we have two sides here, the "it's running fine" team and the "it's laggy team" - I'm on the latter

I've been on this OS since day one and I've been using the Hub religiously and those choppy transitions were there in the beginning. Check my posts history and you will see me complaining about the same exact choppy transition maybe 1 year back! That eventually got fixed with time. With this update however it seems we've gone back in time and that's why I'm frustrated.

Anyway I'm sure blackberry is listening and will fix it with time but they've got to do better here as I hear other platform users are complaining about similar issues.

Anyway I urge you to try switching between BBM chats in the Hub versus the app and you will notice a difference.

This video I recorded shows what I'm talking about:

Posted via CB10...
    Man, some ppl are just blind fans and as soon as some1 makes a criticism they jump to start bashing.... Smh. this BBM is the worst ive use so far on bb10 and I've used them all including the betas.

It's the 1st app apart from thescore app that stalls and I see the blue spinning circle when I tap to open the app from the active frame. Also when a new BBM comes in if I open the app say up to about 15secs after I hear the notification the message isn't shown in the chat I have to wait 2-3secs before it shows up.

Criticism is good it highlight flaws that needs to be fixed. Quit jumping on ppl who report defects in an app. If it's not highlighted it will not get improved.

Posted via CB10
    billybobsa likes this.
    02-18-14 07:47 PM
    That youtube link above is very very true!
    Has anyone ever noticed when you goto attach something, like a picture, the whole convo starts reloading??

For what?!?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 06:56 AM
    Yea BBM convos are much smoother in the Hub than in the actual BBM app

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-19-14 07:38 AM
    I have twitter, and even though I have it set to send me notifications from everyone it only notifies me when "real" people follow me and not the obvious spam bots. Still, strange that it doesn't notify me even when I said everyone.

I've experienced the Facebook hub bug, the only thing that fixed it for me was loading a new leak with an auto loader. The hub is amazing, but there's some serious issues with the way that it caches information. You can really see this with the hub name bug where it shows the name of the sender in the hub, but when you click on the message it's an unknown number at the top. Because the hub creates headers in the hub for each item that references their location to load when selected. It's obvious that this system has a few bugs since every now and then people complain about the hub not showing Facebook notifications, text messages, etc. I had it so bad that people were messaging me for like three days and there was no notification in the hub for BBM or Text, I only noticed after I refreshed the hub and they all showed up, but even after the refresh I never got notifications unless I refreshed the hub again.

#6 - YES I've noticed this too, SO annoying. To be fair it's not CB app after doing research, it's any app that automatically switches the picture when swiping to and from the active frames page, try BlackBerry World in Active Frame, it cause the same issue. It's a problem with the Active Frame framework.

- Developer of PinGuin
    Somehow it made me feel comfortable knowing that, im not the only one who experienced that issues. OS developers should focus first on polishing the OS rather than adding unnecessary features that causes another bug..having more features are great but, messing up with the basic apps like "SMS,Dialler and Hub" at the same time turns me off.. it is so annoying..i hope BlackBerry released a maintenance update after every official update regulary..

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 09:48 AM
91 ... 234