Emoticons display issue was sent to the dev team and I got a response saying it will be fixed soon

Also there is an issue where it shows all android and iOS users are available for voice when they are not

Anyone else have intense battery issues?

To downgrade you must sideload an older BAR file

Posted via CB10
    AzzlanOfBB likes this.
    02-14-14 10:35 AM
    Do I need to be on 10.2 for this new version of BBM to work. I am on ATT with my Q10 running a 10.1 stock version. As you know, Att has not released 10.2
    02-14-14 10:41 AM
    Do I need to be on 10.2 for this new version of BBM to work. I am on ATT with my Q10 running a 10.1 stock version. As you know, Att has not released 10.2
    It will install on OS 10.1.x. I'm still on AT&T 10.1 as well and have had no issues with the new BBM.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 03:19 PM
    It will install on OS 10.1.x. I'm still on AT&T 10.1 as well and have had no issues with the new BBM.

Posted via CB10

Thanks for your response. Look forward to updating on 10.1
    02-14-14 03:25 PM
    My lag suddenly disappeared. I was having some severe issues. I'm assuming one of the two (or both) did the trick:

- cleared all new notifications in channels
    - deleted previous chat history under settings

Works flawlessly now.

Posted via CB10
    If your groups history is set to "forever", this is something you may want to change for a while, time all settles down.
    02-14-14 05:16 PM
    For as much as I use BBM, it's unbelievable how laggy and glitchy Is it.

Talk about a fail..

Posted via CB10
    Guys like you never cease to amaze me. Your experience is not universal. All our BBM 10.3 on different platforms are running ok.
    02-14-14 06:43 PM
    Certainly not as smooth as the previous version, at least for me. When I tested switching open chats on BBM and WhatsApp the latter was by far smoother with the transitions. Honestly I didn't even need to line them up side by side as it was quite obvious. Even more interesting is the fact that my WhatsApp chats are way more fully loaded with actual texts + pictures.

Considering this is BB's bread and butter, it should have been ultra smooth and at the moment, it's not. While I'm not raging about it, I must admit that I'm a little bit disappointed with the transitions on the app especially when this app has been out for a while.

Those choppy transitions were there in the Hub in 10.0 and it seems they're back on BBM 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    Don't have choppy transitions (as you call it) on 2 Z30s, 1 Z10 and couple of other platform devices in the family. So how do you explain that, please. Oh maybe I have the luck of the Irish ( although I'm not one). Or maybe I should generalise too. I'm sure BlackBerry is listening to constructive criticism and is working hard to fix these bugs.
    02-14-14 07:00 PM
    loading up nice for me...z10...being a little harsh saying that it is "the leggiest app on bb10"...im sure we could find app much more laggy!
    The leggiest app is probably the Chive On app...
    dracolnyte likes this.
    02-14-14 07:13 PM
    Got a message back from BB dev saying that there was an issue with Glympse last night that looks like it may have caused issues. That was fixed at 8am EST today so lets see what happens
    raw_dog likes this.
    02-14-14 07:30 PM
    Don't have choppy transitions (as you call it) on 2 Z30s, 1 Z10 and couple of other platform devices in the family. So how do you explain that, please. Oh maybe I have the luck of the Irish ( although I'm not one). Or maybe I should generalise too. I'm sure BlackBerry is listening to constructive criticism and is working hard to fix these bugs.
    If there is one thing I've learned over the years on CB and with BB10 is that you will always find people having a different experience than others with apps and installs. Look at the OS threads to see what I'm taking about.

Another thing to keep in mind is that people's definition of choppy and smoothness vary greatly. I'm quite certain that if I put my dad or my mom on this app and ask him/her to tell me what's wrong with it they will say "nothing, it runs just fine". My older brother on the other hand would definitely criticize the chopiness of the app ad so would I.

That's why we have two sides here, the "it's running fine" team and the "it's laggy team" - I'm on the latter

I've been on this OS since day one and I've been using the Hub religiously and those choppy transitions were there in the beginning. Check my posts history and you will see me complaining about the same exact choppy transition maybe 1 year back! That eventually got fixed with time. With this update however it seems we've gone back in time and that's why I'm frustrated.

Anyway I'm sure blackberry is listening and will fix it with time but they've got to do better here as I hear other platform users are complaining about similar issues.

Anyway I urge you to try switching between BBM chats in the Hub versus the app and you will notice a difference.

This video I recorded shows what I'm talking about:

Posted via CB10...
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 02-15-14 at 03:28 AM.
    02-15-14 03:00 AM
    Mine isn't laggy at all but it does glitch up..

If I click on the toast notification to go into the BBM convo, it populates the keyboard screen without any letters.. which is annoying as hell

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:07 AM
    its less laggy if you turn off the action bar i find. also you have to consider all that features/functions/code is going through a tiny 1.5ghz outdated dual core
    02-15-14 11:46 AM
    its less laggy if you turn off the action bar i find. also you have to consider all that features/functions/code is going through a tiny 1.5ghz outdated dual core
    Right on. I feel it's more user friendly that way too. Probably would have been good to make that the default.

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    02-15-14 11:53 AM
    I have installed the 10.2.1.2102 day after bbm installed and since I can open my chat?? if I click on a bbm chat closes! I have to go on the hub to meet I can open chain groups and no worries about it
    02-15-14 01:26 PM
    Yeah, BBM is seriously laggy for me as well. Especially swiping out of conversations. I have it set to save my chats, though, so I'm not sure if it's because of that, but still.

Also the fact that the first @ mention in a status (if it's the first thing in a status) isn't click able, as well as the keyboard not popping up when I enter a chat from the lock screen or from a quick reply notification.

No quick action bar in groups, even if it's set to be on. Every time I enter a BBM chat it takes one or two seconds to load the chat.

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-15-14 01:50 PM
    No lag here. My Q10, and iPhone run it like butter.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 01:52 PM
    Is it just me or this alot of memory for the BBM app.

BBM 10.3 is the laggiest app on BB10-img_20140215_131724.png

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 02:18 PM
    3218294F add me

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    02-15-14 02:39 PM
    Is it just me or this alot of memory for the BBM app.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140215_131724.png 
Views:	419 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	248280

Posted via CB10
    How much are you assuming it should use and what are you basing that on?
    02-15-14 02:53 PM
    Mine was lagging and a few times the keyboard was just black/gray blank space. Did a battery pull and working fine for now.
    02-15-14 03:03 PM
    Mine was lagging and a few times the keyboard was just black/gray blank space. Did a battery pull and working fine for now.
    Does the gray/black blank space for keyboard still happen.

For me it occurs when I click on a toast notification to open up the chat

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:50 PM
    Does the gray/black blank space for keyboard still happen.

For me it occurs when I click on a toast notification to open up the chat

Posted via CB10
    This happens for me.

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-15-14 05:51 PM
    Mine has become laggy as hell when someone is sharing their location to me with glympse.

It totally freezes in the hub and I just can't use it through there.

So lame getting tired of these lame issues

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:53 PM
    Emoticons display issue was sent to the dev team and I got a response saying it will be fixed soon

Also there is an issue where it shows all android and iOS users are available for voice when they are not

Anyone else have intense battery issues?

To downgrade you must sideload an older BAR file

Posted via CB10
    Yes my battery has noticably suffered. I use battery guru and i can tell by looking at the graphs
    02-16-14 02:50 PM
    Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 03:26 PM
91 1234