I just installed BBM 10.3 from the beta zone, and then I realized something is not right.

The new emoticons can't be displayed in anyone's display but the people who got the 10.3 BBM. It can't be displayed on lower BBM version. Since the use of emoticons is to express ourselves better, and still so few people uses th 10.3 BBM, what is the point of using and adding new emoticons?
    12-27-13 10:03 AM
    Are you sure? Traditionally BlackBerry will send the emoticon to the recipient if necessary. They don't get it installed but they should be able to see it.
    12-27-13 10:16 AM
    Are you sure? Traditionally BlackBerry will send the emoticon to the recipient if necessary. They don't get it installed but they should be able to see it.
    Actually, I've noticed this myself. My girlfriend has a 9900 and until she updated to the latest BBM version, she was unable to see many of the emoticons that came with BB 10.
    12-27-13 10:19 AM
    Might be because it's a beta.
    12-27-13 10:20 AM
    It's a test version. It allows you to test new features of a program. It's perfectly normal that new features will only work between the beta/test version of a program. The emoticons are custom made and therefor not available in other versions of BBM.

The purpose of this thread baffles me to be honest.
    Uzi and DiegoV_G like this.
    12-27-13 10:22 AM
    I don't see why it should. The purpose of this beta is actually testing and not bragging for having it while most people don't by sending them emoticons they can't have access.
    12-27-13 10:33 AM
    You right. Blackberry should update BBM only with the new icons it sucks. BlackBerry just update these icons.

Also don't like there is still no 10.3 for z30 and the wife usung my old z10 is using bbm beta.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 06:20 PM
    Whatsever, I understand your frustration, but this is the best way to work out the kinks before going full release.
    Otherwise, we'd be chatting about how they should have tested everything before releasing it.
    The fact that BBRY is even engaging it's loyal user base to help work out the kinks, is awesome.

I know it sucks to have one person who has access but not another. I'm in the same boat, having the Beta myself but my wife and kids are without.
    It sucks, but I'm glad to be part of the Beta and help provide feedback so they can fix the glitches (and there are some)

Be patient man, it'll be worth it in the end.

From my Vader Zed
    12-28-13 08:56 PM
    You right. Blackberry should update BBM only with the new icons it sucks. BlackBerry just update these icons.

Also don't like there is still no 10.3 for z30 and the wife usung my old z10 is using bbm beta.

Posted via CB10
    I'm using it on my Z30?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 09:43 PM
    Hey, and I just found out, that the many emoticons are not displayed correctly.

For example, the hug emoticons, are not displayed correctly on BBM of legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 09:44 PM
    Hey, and I just found out, that the many emoticons are not displayed correctly.

For example, the hug emoticons, are not displayed correctly on BBM of legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    Legacy devices will get an update to show show the correct emoticon.

If only people had patience....

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 11:29 PM
    Legacy devices will get an update to show show the correct emoticon.

If only people had patience....

Posted via CB10
    I'm not complaining. I'm just telling.... that now it wasn't displayed correctly, just a head up for those planning to install the beta now.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    12-29-13 12:43 AM
    I just installed BBM 10.3 from the beta zone, and then I realized something is not right.

The new emoticons can't be displayed in anyone's display but the people who got the 10.3 BBM. It can't be displayed on lower BBM version. Since the use of emoticons is to express ourselves better, and still so few people uses th 10.3 BBM, what is the point of using and adding new emoticons?
    That's right. I noticed this too. Even using a z10 I couldn't see the emoticons of a friend of mine using the new beta. All I could see were the symbols. Certainly only the new beta version can recognizes this symbols as a code at this moment.

Posted via awesome BlackBerry Z10!
    12-30-13 07:40 AM
    Some of the emoticons on the official BBM don't display on the ios version.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 07:43 AM
    Some of the emoticons on the official BBM don't display on the ios version.

Posted via CB10
    Only the cry emoticon I think.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 05:24 PM
    Try sending your hug emoticons to those without the beta BBM, and you'll see what I mean.
    They see this: >=)< or >(smile emoticons)<
    And many emoticons don't get displayed properly. Just heads up. Not complaining.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 09:44 AM