I am on ATT with my Q10. Will this work with the stock 10.1 OS that I am running or do I need 10.2 for this to work. As most of you know 10.2 has not rolled out here in in the US at ATT. Thanks for any assistance
    02-14-14 10:35 AM
    I wouldn't load it.
    10.2.0 never worked with the bbm upodates while on leaks.
    Read the threads on BBM and see what others are saying. If you load and it doesn't work, you will need to laod a bar file of BBM to get the use back. Up to you, I guess.
    02-14-14 10:46 AM
    I wouldn't load it.
    10.2.0 never worked with the bbm upodates while on leaks.
    Read the threads on BBM and see what others are saying. If you load and it doesn't work, you will need to laod a bar file of BBM to get the use back. Up to you, I guess.
    Thanks for the reply, So I need to wait for 10.2 to roll thru ATT for the new BBM version to work. I don't do leaks, so I only run stock OS that ATT pushes out. So an official 10.1 wont work.

Thanks and I apologize for asking again, but I use BBM all the time and I don't want problems if this version wont work on a stock 10.1 OS from ATT.
    02-14-14 10:55 AM
    Can't upgrade to the latest BBM release of 10.3 -error -Your content controll rating prevents you from viewing this item- please help

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 11:19 AM
    Thanks for the reply, So I need to wait for 10.2 to roll thru ATT for the new BBM version to work. I don't do leaks, so I only run stock OS that ATT pushes out. So an official 10.1 wont work.

Thanks and I apologize for asking again, but I use BBM all the time and I don't want problems if this version wont work on a stock 10.1 OS from ATT.
    No. The prior build to the BBM 10.3.1.43 official release was the BetaZone build of 10.3.1.17.
    I was part of that testing, and maybe you were as well? IDK?
    This is what is being offered as an upgrade to that beta release for people still on 10.1.
    I, like yourself do not load leaks, am currently running the T-Mobile 10.1.4780 MR, and I upgraded BBM to the version your talking about.
    It works just fine, and has all the bells and whistles that users on 10.2.1 have running the BBM 10.3.3.68 build.

I never received a notification for the update, so I went into BBW on my PC, logged in, and was presented the BBM 10.3.3.68 build.
    However, when I clicked "download" it sent a link to my device that automatically installed the BBM 10.3.1.43 official release.

I have not had any issue except for what is being reported by 10.2.1 users as well such as my birthday being listed as a day prior like a calendar reminder, emoticons showing word descriptions in the hub but properly showing the actual characters in BBM chats, and things like that. But these reports are common to almost all that have downloaded any official version on any OS.

The only caveat that I think is applicable is that you should be on your carriers latest 10.1 OS maintenance release.

It's up to you if you feel comfortable or not to update, but remember, if that version was not compatible with your device being on 10.1, BBW is structured so that it would be listed as unavailable to you.

HTH
    02-14-14 01:34 PM
    Can't upgrade to the latest BBM release of 10.3 -error -Your content controll rating prevents you from viewing this item- please help
    Check your settings...
    Look in security and privacy, then tap parental controls.
    See if you may have accidentally enabled this setting at the top, and check all the way at the bottom for "BlackBerry World Usage" as well.

HTH
    02-14-14 01:43 PM