A Lot of complaints of battery drain. Apparently it's draining 1% a minute on a few samsung phones.
    Same story on iOS - it's draining really fast. My phone used to last the whole day when i had WhatsApp. I'll try switching off notifications, but then what's the point of not having notifications on when you'd like to be notified of new messages?... Anyway; hope they address these and many other issues in the next update.
    10-31-13 10:18 AM
    Battery gets drained very fast; also charging speed has reduced.

I left my S3 at 100% last night at 10.30pm on a stand-by mode. By morning 7.00am, battery was at 25%.

Is there a setting that can help?
    11-07-13 03:34 AM
    Get a better phone other than android try the new BlackBerry z30?

Posted via CB10
    vrud and Thesmartmale like this.
    11-07-13 04:46 AM
    I am deleting BBM Android for this reason. Ever since I installed BBM it's become common for my battery to not last the day, even though for much of the work day it's plugged into my computer via USB. I don't have hard evidence as the Android battery setting shows 0 use by BBM, but I didn't have this happening before I installed BBM.

I may be back if the problem continues post-BBM removal.

- R.
    11-12-13 08:16 PM
    I am deleting BBM Android for this reason. Ever since I installed BBM it's become common for my battery to not last the day, even though for much of the work day it's plugged into my computer via USB. I don't have hard evidence as the Android battery setting shows 0 use by BBM, but I didn't have this happening before I installed BBM.

I may be back if the problem continues post-BBM removal.

- R.
    Your not alone. S4 with lots of stuff installed and xbbm does trigger more than normal wakelocks. Tested freezing the app and drain goes away.
    11-14-13 03:37 AM
    Hi everyone...my S4 is now draining almost 1% per 5minutes & that's ridiculous......
    11-18-13 04:13 AM
    It's awesome how every one with battery issues on their phones blame BBM, really keep up the good work.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 06:05 AM
    It's awesome how every one with battery issues on their phones blame BBM, really keep up the good work.

Posted via CB10
    You do know that even BBRY recognized the increased battery consumption right? The latest update (which was Nov 21st, after the last post in this thread and 2 days before you reawakened it) specifically mentions the issue with the following in their changelog... "Addresses an issue where some users were experiencing higher battery use".

And it's not really a surprise that there's increased battery consumption since BBM for Android is designed to be always on and creates and maintains it's own permanent TCP connection instead of the one provided natively, which requires more power no matter how they try to optimize it.
    11-24-13 09:10 AM
    You do know that even BBRY recognized the increased battery consumption right? The latest update (which was Nov 21st, after the last post in this thread and 2 days before you reawakened it) specifically mentions the issue with the following in their changelog... "Addresses an issue where some users were experiencing higher battery use".

And it's not really a surprise that there's increased battery consumption since BBM for Android is designed to be always on and creates and maintains it's own permanent TCP connection instead of the one provided natively, which requires more power no matter how they try to optimize it.
    I did not say that no one has a battery problem because of BBM, I was pointing to all the people feeling they have a battery problem when they don't, but just complain cause they heard BBM causes battery issues.

I know friends and family members who doesn't have battery issues with BBM on.

Again, I'm not accusing people that they are lying and don't have battery problems from BBM.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 09:45 AM
    I haven't noticed any battery issues on my SG4.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 11:05 AM
    I haven't noticed any battery issues on my SG4.

Posted via CB10
    I have with my S4. Though I wouldn't really classify it as an "issue" per se. I have tons of battery to spare, so I really don't give a flip. I've only noticed because I now last 1 1/2 days instead of two full days... Which to me is incredibly minor.

But I can imagine it's more noticeable or an issue for people who's battery typically only gets them through 1 day at most.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    11-24-13 12:36 PM
    I have experienced terrible battery life on my s4 before installing BBM so I really can't tell if it's got worse.

Sent from a Unknown Galaxy
    11-24-13 10:18 PM
    I'm on GS3, my device is so hot I can't put it in my pocket, and the battery is draining so quick I have to charge it twice a day.
    Now I move my BBM back to my Blackberry again because of this overheat and battery draining problem.

Before I installed the BBM on my GS3 I never had this overheat issue. A bit disappointed
    11-27-13 02:20 AM
    I'm on GS3, my device is so hot I can't put it in my pocket, and the battery is draining so quick I have to charge it twice a day.
    Now I move my BBM back to my Blackberry again because of this overheat and battery draining problem.

Before I installed the BBM on my GS3 I never had this overheat issue. A bit disappointed
    And is it solved now?!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 05:17 AM
    And is it solved now?!

Posted via CB10
    How to solve? I'm not the bbm developer nor an Android authority. What can I do?
    11-27-13 04:21 PM
    How to solve? I'm not the bbm developer nor an Android authority. What can I do?
    I meant after you deleted BBM, Does your phone still overheat?!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 06:11 PM
    If you facing any battery drain just in settings of bbm app remove always connected.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3. checkout www.techenthu.com.

If you like my post hit thanks
    12-03-13 04:44 AM
    If you facing any battery drain just in settings of bbm app remove always connected.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3. checkout www.techenthu.com.

If you like my post hit thanks
    Did you know that when people do that they will come here and complain about reliability issues?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 07:43 AM
    I meant after you deleted BBM, Does your phone still overheat?!

Posted via CB10
    What I did, the BBM is still there, but I used my other BBM account which only has 4 bbm groups, and 6 contacts. I basically moved back my main BlackBerry ID to my z10, and created a new BlackBerry ID just for BBm groups running on my GS3

Does it overheat? Not so much compared with when I had my main BlackBerry ID with hundreds of contact on my GS3.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by aimoka; 12-08-13 at 06:54 PM.
    12-08-13 06:41 PM
    that messengers use power too much
    Last edited by stroberi; 01-01-14 at 07:36 AM.
    01-01-14 07:25 AM
45 12