I cannot get this to come up on search.

Does BBM use data or is over voice, etc? I am confused? Trying to get non BBRY friends to try it out.

thks in advance.
    05-12-14 01:05 PM
    It uses data, as any other IM client out there does.

Any data will do though, Carrier plan, WiFi...
    05-12-14 01:10 PM
    Then I should be able to use voice, when I am in weak cell areas and normal voice is not reliable?

How data intensive is voice in BBM?
    05-12-14 02:24 PM
    Then I should be able to use voice, when I am in weak cell areas and normal voice is not reliable?

How data intensive is voice in BBM?
    You would have to have a strong signal for your data to work at top speeds which gives the best connection for voice calls over BBM.
    Unless of course you are connected to wifi, in which case, no issue.
    Basically you need to have a good strong connection to the Internet on your phone, so you could still do things like browse the net or download things or stream videos, if the signal is too poor to allow that, then BBM Voice is also going to be a unstable and possibly unusable at those times.
    For example at a friend I have no cell reception what so ever, my mobile network is constantly sitting on emergency call when I'm there. But there is always WiFi so as soon as I walk in the door I'm always connected and when people need to call me, they call over BBM and it works like a dream.

I've never actually checked my data consumption after using BBM Voice or Video, but I don't think Voice is particularly data intensive. And the call quality on BBM Voice is superior to voice calls over the mobile network with my carrier everytime!

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    05-12-14 02:51 PM
    7AA7A988

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-13-14 08:09 AM