With the decline of BBM, this looks interesting: https://www.rolo.chat
    06-22-21 06:21 AM
    With the decline of BBM, this looks interesting: https://www.rolo.chat
    I've been testing it a bit. It's still a bit clunky (meaning its kind of slow to open) and still some bugs - which are to be expected since it's still in beta stage. If you sign up, Momday will send an invitation then you can take it for a spin with him. He really seems to care about the feedback users give him and passes it on to his dev team.
    06-22-21 06:31 AM
    Never heard of it before now. Not really sure what "secured by BlackBerry" means. I'd have thought that end to end encryption with things like PKI, etc... would not need BlackBerry expertise, specifically. Maybe they licensed something from BlackBerry leveraging BBM for some of the back end infrastructure. The limited screen shots on google play seem to show a clean UI.

Seems to show more than a 1K downloads from google play.
    Last edited by spARTacus; 06-22-21 at 08:18 AM.
    06-22-21 06:38 AM
    There is another thread on here about it, and the developers have even replied....

But it won't be a replacement for BBMe.... it is in beta and mostly going to be offered to enterprise. Even in it's decline, BBMe is a better option... as long as it works.
    06-22-21 07:09 AM
    There is another thread on here about it, and the developers have even replied....

But it won't be a replacement for BBMe.... it is in beta and mostly going to be offered to enterprise. Even in it's decline, BBMe is a better option... as long as it works.
    Rolo is targeting SMEs, main target region is southeast Asia. There's actually some nice features so far.
    06-22-21 07:14 AM
    06-23-21 08:14 PM
    I have also downloaded the app and begun to play around with it. Added some of my Telegram contacts and so far, not bad and as with all new apps, it’s going to improve over time.
    07-03-21 07:06 AM
    I have also downloaded the app and begun to play around with it. Added some of my Telegram contacts and so far, not bad and as with all new apps, it’s going to improve over time.
    If it can be used to make money...
    07-07-21 07:20 AM
    Bottom line is why would all the others you want to stay in contact with.... add yet another messaging app to their phone? Especially one that needs more time....

My guess is some point the beta testing will end and they'll have to move on to some type of payment system...
    08-13-21 08:10 AM
    Looks like this BlackBerry "supported" chat option didn't make it....

The associated web site is dead, and nothing new really show up. The app is still in Google Play, but no update in nearly two years and the support page lists said dead website. Not sure if it's still working or not... anyone still have it?

Always was a strange situation of BlackBerry licensing a solution to someone making a direct competing product like the Rolo Secure Chat App. Not that I expected BBMe to be much of a factor, but in his closing remarks he indicated it was one of their key products.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-01-23 11:07 AM
    Looks like this BlackBerry "supported" chat option didn't make it....

The associated web site is dead, and nothing new really show up. The app is still in Google Play, but no update in nearly two years and the support page lists said dead website. Not sure if it's still working or not... anyone still have it?

Always was a strange situation of BlackBerry licensing a solution to someone making a direct competing product like the Rolo Secure Chat App. Not that I expected BBMe to be much of a factor, but in his closing remarks he indicated it was one of their key products.
    I wonder how much cash that burned up?
    11-02-23 09:45 PM